[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

You must use "VAAL" righteous fire, not the regular one, it does not consume life.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Righteous_Fire
"
Euphrodite wrote:
You must use "VAAL" righteous fire, not the regular one, it does not consume life.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Righteous_Fire

Just to clear this up: Vaal Righteous Fire DOES consume/sacrifice 30% of your total energy shield/life, when you hit it
Hi, am enjoying this build but the CWDT seems to be proc-ing normal RF. Should I unlink them?
"
Spoiler
"
qwertz wrote:
"
matei996 wrote:
Hello, can you link/show us some items to buy for this build?

Feel free to have look at my character from last league qwertz_not_qwerty (now in standard). Pretty much endgame gear on that one.

What are everyone's thoughts on alternative gem set ups? Thinking efficacy (also gives duration) +/- cold to fire in combination with herald of ash.

cold to fire died with the non-chaos added as chaos removal

efficacy is lousy

Ah. I missed the change to the crafting mods.
Send like that is actually the biggest nerf for the build... :D
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
Sacs wrote:
Hi, am enjoying this build but the CWDT seems to be proc-ing normal RF. Should I unlink them?

Outlevel your RF gem so that CWDT doesn't proc it, you only want to be using Vaal RF but you still want it linked there to benefit from inc duration
This build is still really solid. Sitting pretty around level 70 with 4.5k life, capped ele res, clearing low tier maps really easily with thoroughly shitty gear*, only thing holding me back being a lack of better maps. Also, Lyxara, you were totally right about Beacon. Beacon is fucking awesome. I would have totally missed how it freezes the ENTIRE FUCKING SCREEN INCLUDING BOSSES HOLY SHIT without that advice. Thanks!

Also, you don't run Herald of Ash? I'm actually not sure how much extra damage I'm getting from that, but it felt pretty significant when I slotted it in.

*seriously:

Spoiler

It's bad! And totally SSF!
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 11, 2019, 12:43:40 PM
Thanks for the guide!

I have a question! Am I the only one running out of mana from time to time? - is there something I am doing wrong?
"
This build is still really solid. Sitting pretty around level 70 with 4.5k life, capped ele res, clearing low tier maps really easily with thoroughly shitty gear*, only thing holding me back being a lack of better maps. Also, Lyxara, you were totally right about Beacon. Beacon is fucking awesome. I would have totally missed how it freezes the ENTIRE FUCKING SCREEN INCLUDING BOSSES HOLY SHIT without that advice. Thanks!

Also, you don't run Herald of Ash? I'm actually not sure how much extra damage I'm getting from that, but it felt pretty significant when I slotted it in.

*seriously:

Spoiler

It's bad! And totally SSF!

Herald of Ash at start doesn't do much (or at all) since you are not dealing fire dmg. Once you have your end game gear including weapons with mod "Gain % of ele dmg as chaos" and use gem cold to fire in you WO setup, then HoA adds a lot of damage. At least this is what I did last league and planning to do later once have currency to do so in this one.
Until you have wardlords mark ring AND aspect of spider, I recommend using blasphemy + warlords mark as budget option. Worked very well.
Curse on hit + warlords mark + herald also works

Any thoughts on grabbing Overcharged with Intuitive leap? Free power + frenzy charges, permanently capped with such speedy clear build.
Last edited by aerial on Mar 11, 2019, 2:57:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info