a

"
Rinani wrote:
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
Rinani wrote:

There is another 10% next to Explosive Impact.

What Rinani said is true, it's the small node to the right of Explosive Impact (you need to respec Fire Walker and Snowforged to get it).

Speaking of things I say are true. My math from earlier no longer holds water.
Rory talked some about Unleash. Ever charge spent adds 10% casttime. So it's slightly more complicated now.

Yeah, just read that too. It makes DPS estimates a whole lot more difficult, but in the end it should still be better than Spell Echo.
Hey Uly!

I was thinking about different starters but ultimately I'm torn between your build, Vortex/Cold Snap Occultist or another variation of Puryfing Flame by Nathan Walker (his PoB: https://pastebin.com/HzAUvcjA). The Chieftain variant is a lot tankier but I'd guess it also deals less damage. He chooses to go for a +3 fire gems staff and Kaom's Heart instead of dual wielding. He also goes for a little bit of block from the staff nodes to occasionally gain Unholy Might. In the endgame he specs into a lot of Abyssal Jewels since PF (Purifying Flame) has 140% damage effectivness. Also, as opposed to only relying on regen from consecrated ground he uses Chieftain's 2% fire damage leech. I know it's very hard to actually compare the damage without PF in PoB so I'm really torn between those two variants. Not sure if you mind sharing your toughts but that would be really helpful for me if you find the time.

Again, thanks for making this amazingly written guide, good luck at the league start and also thanks in advance for answering the question!
"
Syperek wrote:
Hey Uly!

I was thinking about different starters but ultimately I'm torn between your build, Vortex/Cold Snap Occultist or another variation of Puryfing Flame by Nathan Walker (his PoB: https://pastebin.com/HzAUvcjA). The Chieftain variant is a lot tankier but I'd guess it also deals less damage. He chooses to go for a +3 fire gems staff and Kaom's Heart instead of dual wielding. He also goes for a little bit of block from the staff nodes to occasionally gain Unholy Might. In the endgame he specs into a lot of Abyssal Jewels since PF (Purifying Flame) has 140% damage effectivness. Also, as opposed to only relying on regen from consecrated ground he uses Chieftain's 2% fire damage leech. I know it's very hard to actually compare the damage without PF in PoB so I'm really torn between those two variants. Not sure if you mind sharing your toughts but that would be really helpful for me if you find the time.

Again, thanks for making this amazingly written guide, good luck at the league start and also thanks in advance for answering the question!

Hi!

Cold dot occultist is quite a popular pick for leaguestarts though I am not a real fan of it because of energy shield. Energy Shield scales off the power of your items, and the supply of them is pretty scarce at the leaguestart.

Concerning Nathan's chieftain starter, I think it's a solid build. Note that both me and him use leech (we put Warlord's Mark in our Mark of Submission ring to get life and mana leech). A +3 staff may be a bit tough to get early on, just like good abyss jewels. I feel like his guide may be excellent for a second character or something along those lines. You can check out the 'alternatives' to see a more tanky, MoM/EB build if tankiness is what you want :)
It's sure that I will probably see my build as better than his by default, but I hope my points seem valid. I will also be adding a high-end gear version of this build that pushes the damage to the max if you're interested.
"
nevilpoe wrote:
"
denhero wrote:
No Inevitable Judgment on your ascendancy in the POB?
That's a mistake on a crit build.

It's useless investment if u have enough fire penetration. And we have it.

I'm only counting about 16% fire penetration from the tree (no penetration on the tree in the CI variant). Is there more coming from another source?
Last edited by Exiled_Goose on Mar 8, 2019, 9:47:51 AM
"
UlyUly wrote:
It's sure that I will probably see my build as better than his by default, but I hope my points seem valid. I will also be adding a high-end gear version of this build that pushes the damage to the max if you're interested.

Thanks for your opinion, really solid points.

I'll have to think about it a little bit more but I can't wait to see the endgame version. I think I can't really decide because I really like Chieftain as an ascendancy and I have never played with staves before. Also, my bad about the leech part, I honestly forgot about Warlord's Mark. About the staff and jewels, you're right about them being rare but I think you'd manage with some lower end substitutes untill you can either craft or buy one. As to the MoM/EB variant I just personally dislike the way MoM works, maybe it's different with EB, I'll check it out tho!

I think all the decision will ultimatelly come down to trying the skill out in game to see if it actually feels good to play with.

Again, thanks for giving your thoughts, really helpful stuff!
"
"
nevilpoe wrote:
"
denhero wrote:
No Inevitable Judgment on your ascendancy in the POB?
That's a mistake on a crit build.

It's useless investment if u have enough fire penetration. And we have it.

I'm only counting about 16% fire penetration from the tree (no penetration on the tree in the CI variant). Is there more coming from another source?

We also use Wise Oak (15%), Combustion (19%) and Wave of Conviction (25%).
Updated with trees expected at the end of every act!
Last upgrades and finetuning before synthesis release are done! HYPE OVERLOAD
So I've been looking since days for a good "newbie-ish" friendly guide. I also asked in the official discord server for one.

I got refered to this thread and have to say it's one of the most detailed and advanced guides I've ever read...

I can't wait to play the new league with you exiles. Take care and have fun!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info