[OUTDATED] [3.6] [CLEAR][BERSERKER] Smite SSF HC viable

Yes, your calculations are correct. It for sure is possible, I have also seen streamers going MoM + blasphemy enfeeble. But is it the right thing to do?

If we play Berserker and stack ehp to the heaven for maximizing the warbringer heal and mana/life leeched per second numbers its not I am pretty sure.

For an Inquisitor on the other hand it might be fine.

I still think though if you got good abyss jewels with 80-100 flat damage then it is better to just unskill life/mana and go for for jewel slots than using herald of thunder with MoM.

Also keep in mind that herald of thunder sometimes can freeze and crash the game in mob clusterfuck situations, HC players died because of this in that league already so I am not a big fan of herald of thunder.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 15, 2019, 7:08:45 PM
Oh, didn't know about the crash/freeze risk. Well, it will be one more on my list xD

Anyway, I still need to survive the leveling phase so I got time to think about it. i will stick to the berserk for now and see if I want this herald or not.

Great thank for your time!
You're welcome, was a pleasure :3

Edit: Currently thinking about a faster way to level and grind the basic ele damage gear without that much reskill, pure phys sunder, containing the axe wheel and the minion damage/attack speed nodes without skill all the specialized dual wield stuff or something like that. It isnt that easy cause the minion damage wheel is a pain in the ass at levelling due to doing nothing until getting spiritual aid ... Gotta git ready for flashback.

I gonna try it out myself to check how it feels and works and then edit stuff a lot in the next time so better go the slower, original way meanwhile because tt works for sure I did it with the 100 char.

I aint gonna delete or change in that original, slower levelling passage anymore and will mark it as original so everyone knows what strategy I used with the 100 char. Thanks to Sergesama for telling me about that mistake that I made with editing. It wont happen again.

Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 15, 2019, 10:36:26 PM
Thank you for updating the levelling tree. It was pretty confusing for me haha. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of stuff and thought a SSF build would be a pretty safe deal because I don't have the currency to get the best stuff. I appreciate your effort, thank you :)

Yes the advantage of the build is that you progress in a stable manner and not hit a gear hell that requires uncraftable stuff like many phys scaling builds do.

I remember all the chars of mine that farmed stuff for days in order to craft a 350+ pdps weapon in time and couldnt sixlink an astral plate, being stuck at the levels 90-93 all the time, being paper, dealing no damage and not much they can do about that due to the lack of gear.

With this smite build, if you deal not enough damage you are probably just 1 abyss jewel away from dealing OK damage and 2 abyss jewels away from dealing good damage. That is way more manageable in SSF than needing a better weapon or a unique damage flask like lioneye's roar.

Abyss jewels are so easily to craft compared to crimson jewels or phys weapons.

I made a video how I craft an abyss jewel, uploading in right now to youtube. Then I add a section about it in the guide with crafting rules for them.
The guide is really good and the build is even better! Always wanted to try out SSF HC and I've taken this for a spin, started a few days ago and now I'm level 79, going pretty strong even though I am scared of removing healing/mana potion in favor of more defensive potions. I'm at the beginning of maps right now and I would like to ask out of curiosity why should we do maps only in one quadrant? While it hasnt taken an eternity for me to progress my atlas, it's already kind of painful to try and get Mausoleum &/ Flooded Mine. I think that this could be a bit better explained in the guide.

I really love the build and guide, definitely keeping an eye on this for the flashback/mayhem race, would love to try to go for some prizes with this build or sunder slayer or some other ascendancy that no-one plays. Berserker feels a lot better than slayer right now though.

Thanks for the great guide, hopefully you'll get a lot more recognition for this!

Oh, also wanted to ask - do you Delve how often with this character since in the item section most of the items are created via fossil crafting? Do you do some specific depth delves and stay there or push deeper for better rewards?
Last edited by Matsimoko on Apr 17, 2019, 4:06:16 AM
I am giving this is a go, but I am gonna be honest because I am not a PoE god and play for fun most of the time. I felt like the guide was a bit hard to follow and I am struggling a bit.

I also pretty much only play SSF (non-hc) so this build seems like it would be fun, but just entered Act 3 and I honestly cant wait for the melee revamp because as of now it just feels so sluggish and the damage is really mediocre. Not really the builds fault just how PoE is atm, unfortunately.

I am also following your first leveling guide mainly cause I just don't wanna respec so heavily even though the second guide seems better for leveling and I really hate sunder, lol.

I just really wanted to play melee character and there just isn't a lot out there, so thanks for the guide.
Last edited by solidbeardgaming on Apr 17, 2019, 7:48:40 AM
"

I am also following your first leveling guide mainly cause I just don't wanna respec so heavily even though the second guide seems better for leveling and I really hate sunder, lol.

Kammell has a VOD of JUGG ssf hc leveling under 4 hours using smite. Just barely 4 hours, but still. I talked a bit about it with Kammell in his racing discord and he agreed that the damage does drop off in the latter half of the storymode, but it's still enough. He also didn't have the time to craft/pick up a lot of weapons so he had to do this with really sub par gear. My dps was okay and after getting tabula from blood aqueducts things really picked up even though my weapon is pretty much just a blue foil with 20% aspeed. Having the minion damage nodes, ancestral protector, herald of purity and war banner really help with the damage.

I suppose that melee builds are a bit of an acquired taste, but I've really enjoyed this. Reminds me of the good old sunder/vaal double strike gladiator days.
"
Matsimoko wrote:
"

Kammell has a VOD of JUGG ssf hc leveling under 4 hours using smite. Just barely 4 hours, but still. I talked a bit about it with Kammell in his racing discord and he agreed that the damage does drop off in the latter half of the storymode, but it's still enough. He also didn't have the time to craft/pick up a lot of weapons so he had to do this with really sub par gear. My dps was okay and after getting tabula from blood aqueducts things really picked up even though my weapon is pretty much just a blue foil with 20% aspeed. Having the minion damage nodes, ancestral protector, herald of purity and war banner really help with the damage.

I suppose that melee builds are a bit of an acquired taste, but I've really enjoyed this. Reminds me of the good old sunder/vaal double strike gladiator days.

I am in Act 5 now and I do have a Tabula, but the damage just seems really poor. But maybe its because I didn't rush those minion nodes? I might try again from the start tomorrow. I can almost guarantee that its me doing something wrong here, lol.
"
Matsimoko wrote:
The guide is really good and the build is even better! Always wanted to try out SSF HC and I've taken this for a spin, started a few days ago and now I'm level 79, going pretty strong even though I am scared of removing healing/mana potion in favor of more defensive potions. I'm at the beginning of maps right now and I would like to ask out of curiosity why should we do maps only in one quadrant? While it hasnt taken an eternity for me to progress my atlas, it's already kind of painful to try and get Mausoleum &/ Flooded Mine. I think that this could be a bit better explained in the guide.

I really love the build and guide, definitely keeping an eye on this for the flashback/mayhem race, would love to try to go for some prizes with this build or sunder slayer or some other ascendancy that no-one plays. Berserker feels a lot better than slayer right now though.

Thanks for the great guide, hopefully you'll get a lot more recognition for this!

Oh, also wanted to ask - do you Delve how often with this character since in the item section most of the items are created via fossil crafting? Do you do some specific depth delves and stay there or push deeper for better rewards?

The atlas suggestion that I give is not good and outdated, I did that last leagues and it worked but this league it did not.

I gonna rewrite that once I know what the best way is BUT I dont know yet. I started 2 new chars in SSF Standard after the 100 to simulate a new league start, was trying a different approach, running all maps, not caring about getting the fragments fast but only about having as high tier maps as soon as possible. Still ended up with only having tier 4 maps as 85 after the tier 2xtier 7 were gone eventhough I alched and chiselled them ... So that new try was actually worse than what I did before. The atlas right now is hell due to the bad map drop rates.

I gonna mark the atlas section now with "not optimal", do some research how top players are doing that, then try it out myself and if it works I gonna update it.

The goal is to a) spawn Elder as soon as possible by doing all the shaper pre fragment missions and b) get the tier 8 shaper fragment as fast as possible and the motiviation for just going 1 quadrant is to keep elder/shaper influence in one spot for better map sustain and easier fragment farming. If you got no other maps anywhere, he will only spawn in that Quadrant. There is barely anything worse than Elder spawning on a place where you having little to no maps to run the influence.

In this league I got all shaper pre fragment missions spawned in the same Quadrant, which is normal I think as long as you dont do all the +1 maps of the current shaper infested white map before doing the shaper infested white map and I thought it would make it a lot easier to get the fragments due to getting same maps dropped all the time. If the next shaper mission is in an other Quadrant then you must do the other Quadrant. Maybe he can also just spawn randomly in an other Quadrant, I dont know, the only thing I know is that getting Elder influence into the atlas as soon as possible is the most important thing cause running shaper/elder influenced maps all the time is a must for sustain.

My atlas hell in this league was getting the tier 1 memory fragment, Shaper was at Necropolis and I only got Ovegrown Shrine maps from Grotto, like 10 Overgrown Shrine maps before I got the first Necropolis map and could FINALLY spawn Elder.

Also panicked about being stuck there forever and started to chisel, alc and vaal tier 5 grotto and still after doing that it took me QUITE a while to finally get Necropolis.

After Elder spawned the map situation bettered a lot due to being able to run Shaper/Elder influence all the time which meant much better map drops but yea getting the atlas started is super rough nowadays.

Delve is great, I always Delve when the Sulphite is full. Delve is better XP wise and reward wise than normal mapping. The only bad things about delving are sulphite and the rippy corpse explosions of the mobs. Once you got 9k-10k ehp you are pretty safe around depth 200 and there is no reason to go deeper anyway because the vaal/abyss city chests drop the Shaped Toxic Sewers maps (our favourite map).

"

I am in Act 5 now and I do have a Tabula, but the damage just seems really poor. But maybe its because I didn't rush those minion nodes? I might try again from the start tomorrow. I can almost guarantee that its me doing something wrong here, lol.

What level are the Added Lightning/Added Cold Support gems?

They need levels to give proper flat damage. A level 20 added cold gives 200 flat damage, a level 15 just 100. Same goes for added Lightning support. Levels are really crucial here so it will get a lot better once they got levels.

Another thing is getting ele penetration from the skilltree and on the weapon to counter monster resistances. Also getting the "increased elemental damage with attacks" craft on rings, jewellry and the belt boost the damage. The cheapest ele damage craft for jewellry costs like 6 alts, there is not much wasted if you make use of it early.

I watch that Kammell VOD now.

LOL yea the "not having a 2 red 1 green" item at vendor, being forced to use a breastplate to get those colors and links while having no MS boots reminds me of all the "fun" I had when trying that out. Priceless.

4h act 10 kitava from scratch is godlike, wow. Thats an extremly good levelling video. But for HC I would prefer needing 2-3 hours longer but minimize the risk of death by skilling more life/resistances than attack speed and overlevelling and overgearing a little. There is nothing more annoying than dying in act 8+ to shit like doedre.

Levelling is indeed easier when going alira instead of killing all due to the mana regen which helps a lot keeping up the mana pool eventhough 60% is reserved. Might be better to skill Alira and Unskill later but the unskill is not cheap, Book of Reform costs _20_ orb of regrets but gotta try that out next time.

Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Apr 17, 2019, 5:03:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info