[3.7] Champion Ice Spear Totem (Lazy Build For Delve 1000+)

Not sure if you ticked the option in POB that says "Enemy is taunted".
Damage difference between hiero and champion is just 1 totem. 3% more damage per totem * 6 = 18%, versus taunted enemies take 20% more damage.

The defense difference comes from the free totem taunt, "cannot be stunned", and the free evasion and armor from champion ascendancy.

As Hiero, mobs mostly ignore your totems and come for you, so you will probably need Unwavering Stance from somewhere to prevent stunlock. Unwavering Stance makes you unable to evade enemy attacks, which means blind, evasion, and accuracy down from enfeeble does nothing. Life is just easier as Champion versus Hiero.
Last edited by w3g on Mar 7, 2019, 7:20:03 PM
Thanks for the response. Hiero gets 2 totems summoned at once inherently, so you can drop Multiple Totems support and have Added Cold or something else. Then totem count is the same. I think that's the biggest factor.

611k Champ

1034k Hiero

Also last time I didn't notice Hiero gets 1% life regen per totem out too so the life regen is better.

I do see what you're saying with taunting and cannot be stunned - that does sound pretty useful. I guess it's a situation where I assume the damage is already good enough (3.6m vs 6.2m with all totems) and you can dial back a lot for the better defense utilities. It's just hard to almost half your damage for any reason :)
Last edited by vegeto079 on Mar 7, 2019, 7:51:03 PM
Thanks for the guide! This build is just what I was looking for, can't wait for league start tomorrow!
Hiero gets +1 totems, so if you replace Multiple Totem Support with damage gem, you are down to 5 totems comparing to 6 totems as Champion.

Well you can play Hiero if you want, there's plenty of ways to stack a ton more damage to this build, but that's never the emphasis. It's far harder to make a Hiero build that can tank Shaper and Elder slam, and dead ppl do no damage.
Oh nice, I did not notice the +2 on multiple totems. That brings the comparison more in-line - 3.66m vs 5.17m. So more-or-less ends up being ~30% damage decrease for ~30% defense. If the damage is high enough as-is I can buy that. You've convinced me.
"
vegeto079 wrote:
Oh nice, I did not notice the +2 on multiple totems. That brings the comparison more in-line - 3.66m vs 5.17m. So more-or-less ends up being ~30% damage decrease for ~30% defense. If the damage is high enough as-is I can buy that. You've convinced me.

correct!

after about 1.5-2mil dps defense becomes way more important vs more dmg
This build does much more than what POB shows.

With the usual totem build, mobs will be running after you and ignore the totems. When it comes to Ice Spear, that's actually a problem since the skill doesn't hit moving mobs very well.

Totem taunt make sure the mobs stick to attacking 1 totem, and the other totems can destroy it easily.

The usual totem will die pretty fast when getting hit, but when we add blind + souped up enfeeble, mobs miss half the time and do 50% damage even when they hit, so your totem can survive even against bosses.

Your character is super tough, mobs get taunted to attack your totems, and your totems are also super tough.

All these add up to a very relaxing playstyle.
I might try this as a league starter. You think tabula with budget items should be able to clear decent content right? I just hope reflection isn't mandatory just like arc totems are good but eventually you wanna work towards them. Does this build have any trouble on any content? So you use freezing pulse till totems? Seems painful but Ill try that tomorrow I guess.
No you CANNOT use Tabula for this build. The initial skill tree pathing gives very little increased damage, so your damage comes mainly from Soul Mantle self curse. With Tabula you will be doing pitiful damage even using all 6 links and the mana cost will be very high.

Check the Starting Gear section, that's the bare minimum needed for the build.
"
enasniddg77 wrote:
I might try this as a league starter. You think tabula with budget items should be able to clear decent content right? I just hope reflection isn't mandatory just like arc totems are good but eventually you wanna work towards them. Does this build have any trouble on any content? So you use freezing pulse till totems? Seems painful but Ill try that tomorrow I guess.

Level with a melee skill such as sunder and rely on the beginning duelist melee dmg skills while you path to Ancestral bond.

You will get 5-10 alchs and a bunch of C lvling to act 4-5-6, in which you can start purchasing these items to begin using thie build for real

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info