Melee Damage on Full Life

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
since there are no effective chaos innoc+melee builds it makes it fairly worthless.

While this is quite untrue, even in my CI/DW build with a 6link, I did not use this gem, because going up to CI lent itself much more to an elemental damage build, rendering this gem useless (physical ended up as less than 15% of my damage).

If it was "more of ALL damage" instead of only physical, it would be very good with CI melee.

I'm not sure if a CI/physical melee build could work, I played around a lot with it in the planner but nothing jumped out as particularly promising (at least for lvl 60-70 characters). And this gem is certainly NOT powerful enough to have an otherwise subpar spec built around it.

It could be usable for the 6th class, maybe (and yet is a STR gem). Or possibly useful as a niche gem in PvP for lolflicker 1-shot builds.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Apr 25, 2012, 1:21:38 AM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
It could be usable for the 6th class, maybe (and yet is a STR gem). Or possibly useful as a niche gem in PvP for lolflicker 1-shot builds.

Yeah, this seems like a rogue-ish type gem. Its color should probably be changed to green.
Last edited by Silty on May 4, 2012, 10:01:07 PM
I agree this gem is too redundant with the other melee damage gem. I think the other one should removed or reworked, this one is definitely more interesting to build around. The other one could become "melee damage on low life", this would bring up some weird build :D
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
Yada wrote:
You're forgetting that you can use BOTH of the gems at the same time, for a total of 60%.
Back to elementary school arithmetic.

1.3 * 1.3 = 1.69

You'll deal 69% more damage.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
since there are no effective chaos innoc+melee builds it makes it fairly worthless.

While this is quite untrue, even in my CI/DW build with a 6link, I did not use this gem, because going up to CI lent itself much more to an elemental damage build, rendering this gem useless (physical ended up as less than 15% of my damage).

If it was "more of ALL damage" instead of only physical, it would be very good with CI melee.

I'm not sure if a CI/physical melee build could work, I played around a lot with it in the planner but nothing jumped out as particularly promising (at least for lvl 60-70 characters). And this gem is certainly NOT powerful enough to have an otherwise subpar spec built around it.

Woulnd't this give you extra elemental damage from Added Fire Damage and Hatred though? And would that not then multiply with elemental weapon damage?
Yes it would. The damage you get from those would get the more damage from this since it's converted from physical.
This gem needs to provide damage bonus based on % of hp full.

100% HP = Max damage bonus.
99% HP = 99% of max damage bonus.
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
"
Strill wrote:
"
Yada wrote:
You're forgetting that you can use BOTH of the gems at the same time, for a total of 60%.

1.3 * 1.3 = 1.69

Isn't it supposed to be x * 0.3 + x * 0.3?
"
Yada wrote:
"
Strill wrote:

1.3 * 1.3 = 1.69

Isn't it supposed to be x * 0.3 + x * 0.3?

"More" effects are always multiplied, "increased" effects are always added. That's why "more" effects are generally higher mana cost/investment.
TehHammer is not a crime!
I also need to add my voice and say this support is not good enough in terms of damage/extra mana cost for a niche use. It needs to be comparable to added melee damage and added fire damage supports.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info