Melee Damage on Full Life

"
GFYD_QQ wrote:
I'm gonna throw this one out there again. I wish "on full life" was the max life you would be at AFTER auras were applied.

Yeah sure, low life builds need more buffs.
They aren't the strongest possible builds for almost every playstyle already.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Has anyone used MDFL with Bloodseeker claws and life regen? At the moment I get 24% life leech and 100 regen per sec, so most of the time I should be on full life.
The Full Life state is extremely sensitive!

I would like to be able to use this gem in my setup as I am primarily a melee phys build/life build and I am running Pillar of the Caged God + Death's Oath with Blood Rage. I have enough life regeneration and chaos resistance to counteract the chaos damage taken - effectively putting me at my maximum life during my play. That is to say, I'm not reserving life in any way. This gem is theoretically ideal for my build.

However, upon closer examination examination, when the chaos effects are active, my HP pool will stall at 1 point below my maximum (2 points if both chaos effects are active), making me eternally unable to take advantage of this gem... so close..

Last edited by Fear_Itself on Apr 17, 2015, 5:10:24 PM
This gem works wonders in a life regen build type. Been testing a Regen Scion so far, its a nice gem, not op, not weak neither.
Does this gem work in combination with Vaal Double Strike, respectively does the gem give the mirror the dmg boost?
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
I think it is worth to write the things that i said in another thread, because it was in the wrong forum section. This is the right thread.

"
Serge91 wrote:
So. I'm here to report this. I know of this situation since a long time, but I didn't care too much coz I hadn't think about this implication.

As you can see in the imagine above, I'm at my HO while having active blood rage. Blood rage takes 4% of life per second.

What it is very imporant to note is that i have 4692hp as maximal life, but when blood rage is active, i have 4686 hp even though i have more than 4% life regen only from passive tree. And even in battle, with leech, i can't reach the maximal. For 6 stupid life points.

This means I'm not on full life: every time i have some tipe of degen on (blood rage or chaos/burning damage) even if res+life regen is greater than the degen itself. And potions or leech doesn't help to prevent/resolve this, so when a degen is on no one will ever be on full life state.

This is very very bad. I wanted to use Melee Damage on Full Life. I simply can't with any degen on, even the slightest one. And, in fact, for 6 hp i dont get damage boost if i put in the support gem.

You have to fix this absolutely.

A guy replied this:

"
mark1030 wrote:
You could never use melee damage on full life with blood rage or any degen. Even if your regen is greater, the degen and regen are separate calculations so you'd always be losing life and gaining it right back, keeping you from ever being at full life. The visual you describe is just a display issue and doesn't change that you're never at full life.

What he said is tecnichally "reasonable". But it is unfair, because every possible tries that life base character can do to prevent not being on full life are always denied by ANY degen. I've reported in the first quoted post that blood rage makes you not reach full life even with more than 4% life reg. So, any small degen (even burning ground with 99% fire resistance) won't let you be in full life status, meaning that this gem is useful for CI and useless for life based.

"
Serge91 wrote:
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Serge91 wrote:

But it is not ok at all to have a support gem that boosts you only when you are CI, without being specified.

It's not ONLY for CI. Just don't use any degen skills.
Oh, yeah... Blood Rage. Decisions...

The fact is that there is no decision, because you can't decide what are map mods or monsters skills. Blood rage is just an example of many degen skill that exists in the game, and the majority of these skills comes from map mods or monster skills: chaos ground, burning ground, poison, bleeding, burning, and some other more rare to find. One of these things simply removes the damage bonus from the gem because it prevents you to reach full life status even if you have resistance+life regen if you are life based, even leech is uneffective. Only the CI players can have a decent uptime of Melee Phys Damage on Full Life (well, 100% uptime for those case, which is maybe too much).

So, if I'm life based, why should I put a damage bonus that i know i cant get up because there so many effects that prevents me to recieve benefit. I go for something else: i put added fire instead of melee on full life for example because, even without using blood rage, i wouldn't reach a 50% uptime of melee phys damage on full life (you have to be lucky to have that uptime) --> support slot wasted then.
But that's not what i wanted to do. I wanted to scale melee phys damage; not elemental damage. Why life based can't scale melee physical damage? The only gems that lets you do this is Melee Phys damage, and, eventually, Fortify. For CI there's even MDoFL, not viable for life based even with op leech bonuses and high regen/resistances/armour.

I think this support gem should be reworked somehow. Not being on full life, but 90% or more life, or something similar, in order to be used properly even by the non-CI melee players.
We are not talking about the choose between Blood Rage or Melee Phys dmg on Full Life. We are talking about having a useful support gem for life based, because those character can't have in the maps a decent uptime to justify a support slot used.

Last edited by Serge91 on Jun 16, 2016, 1:45:16 AM
Since Ascendancy introduced the Recently mechanic, could you change that support to recently on full life?

Would make the gem a good deal more usable in my opinion.
edit : nevermind
Last edited by Yesu on Sep 16, 2016, 9:11:17 PM
This gem is pretty niche... it will only trully useful with skills like Lacerate and Sunder, or if you're a life leecher.
this gem problematic for life build when encounter any degen..

i'll just posting suggestion here since everything are said above post..
how about set it scale properly with how many health player has remain?

like this
x% more melee damage based on character current health percentage
z% more melee damage if player on full life

case explanation : (i will just stuck up random number here for easy understanding)
lv 1 gem
20% more melee physical damage based on current health percentage
then additional modifier spesific for full life
10% more melee physical damage if player on full life

then a marauder with hp 80% of its life would only got the 1st part of the gem
80/100*20 = 16% more melee physical damage

while shadow CI build would still regain full benefit of the gems
20% since health on 100%
additional modifier 10% more melee physical damage since he's full life.

gem may need renamed if this change accepted tho

edit: add lines and wording
Last edited by caffarella on Dec 9, 2016, 4:19:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info