Melee Damage on Full Life

Unavailable
Unavailable
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2018, 1:33:24 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Jozen wrote:
I have Blood Magic, use Lightning Strike and have a boatload of Life on Hit. How does this gem interact in this situation? Would my first hit, when I am on full life get the bonus?
You won't be on full life for your first hit, because you will have paid the cost of the spell, which with blood magic means you've lost some life.
"
Whoaness wrote:
So the extra damage calculates when the attack lands? If my regen is high enough to reach max when the attack lands, will it count?
No, in most cases the damage is calculated when the attack starts (this is because doing so allows time for the damage package to reach the client before the hit lands, so it can be displayed correctly).
No. You pay the cost to start the skill. If you successfully pay the cost, the skill starts, and in most cases damage is calculated at the start. You do not have full life because to use the skill you have paid the cost.
Cases where which monsters will be damaged can't be determined at that time. Leap Slam, for example, sends out it's damage to monsters nearby when you land, it doesn't try to work out when you start the leap which will be near you when you get there, because it couldn't be at all accurate.
"
JoelDavidBell wrote:
Somebody told me, in World chat, that Melee Damage on Full Life worked, when linked to the Phase Run skill gem. I linked them, then I checked out my Character Panel's Offense tab, just to see the difference with, and without, the linkage, and I noticed NO DIFFERENCE between, after activating Phase Run, when I had the MDoFL support gem linked to Phase Run,and when I had no support gem linked to Phase Run. Could you tell me, Mark_GGG, if the change in damage is hidden, or if it actually does not affect Phase Run, at all. Thank you!
Phase run never deals damage. supports which increase the damage dealt by skills cannot work on skills which don't do damage, such as phase run.
"
zriL wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
zriL wrote:
Can someone tell me the point of this gem when there is a gem that does the same thing but without any condition and for roughly the same cost ?
so you can use both, and this one is earlier. similar to how there are two multiple projectile supports.

Lesser multiple projectile has a real use : less projectile for lower cost and lower damage penalty.

Here we have a gem which gives the same bonus for about he same cost but only under some conditions. It's not comparable.
It has a lower mana cost multiplier, and a much more powerful quality bonus, allowing it to provide a bigger increase in damage.
"
zergy_eggy wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
zergy_eggy wrote:
What's the point of this gem? The bonus damage is exactly the same as the melee physical damage gem but requires the user to be at full life. It seems like this gem was overlooked during the design.
you're not the only to say that and the responce is still the same, please look at energy shield players who want to melee, they'll likely be at full life but not full es.

But what's stopping them from using melee physical damage support instead?
This one having a much more powerful quality bonus and a lower mana multiplier, as a trade-off for being specific, and it being a different gem meaning they can use both if they can support the mana and socket requirements.
"
Scol91 wrote:
Wiki says that they both give 0.5 increased physical damage per Q. Checked trading forums for confirmation and it seems to be right.
Apologies, this changed and I didn't know about it. The On Full Life one used to get a bonus to it's "more" damage multiplier for quality, rather than a separate "increased" damage modifier like melee physical does. I guess that was too good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info