Do Beta Accounts Carry Over When Game Is Released?

Well actually according to wiki there wont be a reset.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Beta
not sure if there is a item shop some times they keep accounts so if that happens cross your fingers
Now and forever
I imagine close beta may have a wipe to keep everything free and clean. But since it's a free RPG I'm not sure. I know most pays delete everything- but since this is micro-transaction based it could very well be different.
They will most likely do server resets until they set up an item shop in beta and start to monetize the game. That's the way a lot of F2P's go (Hellgate being the latest in my experience).
Last edited by redsh1rt on Aug 13, 2011, 10:28:04 PM
Beta is supposed to help test the game. I don't care about keeping what I got during beta phase... I just want to help this game become the success I know it will be.

Plus my experience with closed betas is that everything gets wiped.
The wait will kill me!
"
modfia wrote:
Closed betas: 95% of the time server gets wiped before going open beta

Open beta: Never seen a wipe while going from open beta to full release.

What Open betas did you play that actually kept your characters?

I don't think i've ever been in an open beta that kept characters.. Kind of defeats the purpose of the beta..
I agree with the wipe. The advantage of beta players is that they get to experience the game first and know what to do.
Legendary!
Closed beta, i don't think I have ever been in one that has not reset the characters.

Open beta is more complicated. For Free mmos, they generally don't reset anything unless there are major glitches/imbalances.

For P2P games, they almost always reset them.

For this game, there will be many resets during Closed beta. Lots of things aren't even in right now, and there's going to need to be resets to get certain things
There will be a wipe between Closed Beta and Open Beta. The accounts will stick around (and possibly character *names*), but not items or character progress.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
There will be a wipe between Closed Beta and Open Beta. The accounts will stick around (and possibly character *names*), but not items or character progress.

cool if i get a sick name i dont wanna lose it :P
"And the timer said let there be light!"
"And there was light, The timer said Let there be thunder, And there was thunder"
"And the timer said LET THERE BE TORTURE STARVATION AND INSOMNIA, and there was all of these things struck down upon.... anyone who gazed upon its deathly figure.."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info