Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Do Beta Accounts Carry Over When Game Is Released?

Question. do those who get into beta get to keep their items/chars when the game is released or is there going to be a wipe of all accounts? this would seem unfair if new players are starting.
Phase 1: Make D3

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Profit
Almost always wiped
yeah it would make sense if it got wiped so everybody started on a clean slate
IGN: arcreh
just wondered. i feel bad for all the players grinding and grinding away at there gear to perfection, only to have it wiped once the games released. i can wait.
Phase 1: Make D3

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Profit
Why feel bad for them? Grinding gear to perfection is the fun of the game.

" I feel bad for these guys in beta having a ton of fun with this great game"... what??
would be nice if they let players keep their stuff :>
Beta isn't meant as an early access to the game either...the beta testers are supposed to be testing the game, as well as enjoying it. Yes, items/characters will be removed once the Beta is over. As bugs are fixed and systems changed, it would leave behind items that were easy to obtain during beta, but difficult to get now, along with an unfair advantage for the lucky few.
I think they said that after closed beta they will wipe characters. Once open beta is golden then maybe we keep them all the way through official release. I don't really know though, this is all speculation.
I don't remember the last time I was in a Beta where they didn't wipe the characters.

Closed betas: 95% of the time server gets wiped before going open beta

Open beta: Never seen a wipe while going from open beta to full release.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info