[0.10.3]Argonaute's Righteous Fire/Low Life FP Templar: 19.5k+ DPS, 6 Auras, Static Blows [VIDEO UP]

"
rsantama wrote:
Ok I have created your build going the dual curse side. I am now level 66 and here are my thoughts.

You do ALOT of damage. pretty much the most damage ive ever seen. Though the survivability is lacking. Frost is very irritating and you also build up shock stacks incredibly quickly. more ES is a must IMO. Also this build is very dependent on having some gear with +str and +dex. I had to add into 2 +10 dex nodes temporarily untill I find a solution to my gear situation. Decoy totem is invaluable and i really wish i could find a way to have more str so it stays alive longer.

I need to find some way to add mores ES. I agree that 5.5 is way to low and im currently running 3.9. with 7k ES you would probably be doing very well though it will take a very high level or very godly gear to get to that point.

Rsantama, do you mind posting your gear?
I have a few questions. Since you dont really have Armour on your gear, why have you taken the Armor/Energyshield Nodes? How much Armour did you have in total?

Is it on purpose that you reserve more than 65% of your actual HP?
IGN: PuryFIre
I've updated my gear a bit since im now level 71. and I leveled a little differently in the skill tree. I went for a little more ES and a little less damage first. Currently sitting at a tooltip of 3.3k dps for an LMP freezing pulse.

My Gear.
Spoiler

I am intending to use LMP ice spear totem once i find an LMP lol

My Tree currently
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0CcQSzBVsMfRB7EH8UsBdQF9gdFCftKU8rCjLROVI6MDrYO-FDY0VHRtdHBkwtTdhObVgHWPVZ813GXvpfamBtZp5nvW0ZcU1714Fvgh6Cm4hCi4yMdo9Gj_qaz5uhnaOdxJ48pwinK6yYrKq0xbUEtzG4k7w3vjrAGsEAwcXB88Lsw23GntA50NDbGtvn3fPhc-L35CLsGOw47SDub_Id8931S_fB99f60vyr

I added to a few crit passives as "interim" passives untill i get far down enough to take the last nullification node.

I am now sitting at 6k ES and it makes a WORLD of a difference. The effect of ES is exponential because the 20% life leech cap. currently running level 66-69 maps with ease there are some limitations on maps I can run
-blood magic and no life regen is out of the question
-I can run 50% life regen with the regen sheild, but mana is a huge problem.
- -max resist is also doable with a shield, and isnt as bad as 50% regen
- elemental weakness will be easy once i get the last nullification node. Its very important
stack fire resist so that even with map mods like that your still maxed.

- *side note* i decided to alch a map and got:
-elemental equilibrium
-75% cold resist

-hasted monsters
-vulnerability

this map was a terrible idea. but im pretty sure any freeze pulser would have a tough time with it. you deal 1/3 the damage and take double.

I find my self very dependent on flasks sometimes. one granite flasks brings my damage mitigation from 3% to 75% and the 4.5 seconds is more than enough time to clear the room.
I dont really have a problem DPSing mobs even though i took a little tankier route. i think half the reason my tooltip is lower is because i took double curse so i didnt take any witch cold damage nodes. Though the double curse almost doubles your damage so i still think it was worth it.

lastly i find this class gets easier as you play. from not only getting more late game passives, but from learning how to play it. You cant play it like a regular freeze pulse marauder. Your still a caster. You may be tanky but your not a tank. You cant heal your self so you have to play more carefull then a full fp mara. Also i feel as if a full fp mara has less limitations in terms of maps. But you do way more damage, way way way way more damage.
IGN: Crotchless
Last edited by rsantama on Mar 17, 2013, 3:38:55 AM
"
Imverykind wrote:
I have a few questions. Since you dont really have Armour on your gear, why have you taken the Armor/Energyshield Nodes? How much Armour did you have in total?

I dont want to step on his toes. But I wasnt to sure of this either untill I started using granite flasks. and also casting Molten shell. in addition 10% resist all at the end is really nice. just my input from my experience
IGN: Crotchless
Aura's are getting nerfed. Purity and vitality will be harder to manage, so you should factor this in. Perhaps add the marauder regen nodes, and drop vitality from the build?

Edit: Is it possible to run two percent based aura's off of the blood magic gem, assume level 20 reduced mana and BM gems?
Last edited by The_Dude on Mar 17, 2013, 8:40:50 AM
"
"
argonaute wrote:
Spoiler
"
Oracle87 wrote:
Very nice build,

i'm currently working a very similar build. The idea is to use this super strong skill named righteous fire with Pain Attunement (and thus many auras).

As I play in hc, 4-5k es seems pretty low, i'd grab about all es nodes in the passive tree.
Well, I don't have the new unique chest yet, which is a must have with this build. It'll take a while to find it (currently it's more than 30 exalts, a bit too pricy for me at the moment).

Vaal Pact ?
Also, I've planned to grab Vaal Pact node,but I'm actually not so sure if it's really worth it.
With RF+PA+decent wand my dps would skyrocket, that's why i consider taking Vaal Pact,
but since i'm still pretty new to this game, I'm not sure if I understand very well the way life leech works.
There is a 20% life leech cap (per second) based on life, does this cap is applied to my es pool if I take ghost reaver (I have read that it does, but i'd like a confirmation from guys who have tested it)?

Assuming I have 6k es, 20% of 6k = 1.2k/sec (maximum es leech per second)
Assuming I use a lvl20 life leech support ( 8% life leech applied to Es with Ghost reaver)
0.08*x=1.2k
x = 15k, the dps cap for the es leech
15k can seem high, but I think with a Freezing Pulse setup it's not that high if you attack multiple targets.
Also instant leech is always > regen leech.

Last point: Does Vaal Pact kill your es regen (as I obviously will take Zealot's Oath) ? Basically do Zealot's Oath and Vaal Pact work together. If they do, they would be an interesting combo.

Here is my ~lvl75 passives plan:

My very end-game plan:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVTxXn8Gtzs4w2Av7fhELDXfJw1XBSwFHjhIhrtvcRL5ma62MOSBGWf8bBxewYw22P-nvX2-dHBl9qwuy0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-OqKjwfNtGTvh4venK4t6HNyTJ7QMRnGVICj66-64kwx9EH_GnqcIj0YdFPrS98FmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAaWfOsqift893sODrYTdiMdp48gW8EswJxKU_kIp2uGmyCx0GHeriukyo4N2YspqbrN4Pquiq6hEg8jgFvV8k0Cp97naP8q4FJsjhmT45k96a2-ohC8h0=
After taking all defensive nodes, I'll focus on spell crit nodes in order to enhance my dps + my chance to freeze mobs.
I may take less es nodes in the middle of the tree, but as dying is not an option I prefer to plan to take them all.

My passive plan is very similar to the All-out tanky endgame variant, but i'd take Vaal Pact, and I would start as a Shadow (so less passives needed, but also no mana nodes).
I don't like the templar spell caster style, he is too ugly. And I wanna play as a shadow as I haven't ever play this character till end game.
With no mana nodes I'm aware that I will need mana/mana regen on gear, but I think I could manage the mana problem.

edit: I've planned to use Astramentis to sold all problems with str/dex required for support/auras. I could take some +30 nodes instead, but as I'am already short of passives I'd prefer not to do so. Also, astrementis is a nice boost to es (about +26%). Anyway this point is not a big deal as it'd need just some respec points.

Feel free to criticize my build; I post here to have your opinion.

I agree that as of right now my 5.2k es is a little low. Much of my gear is suboptimal for survivability and I also haven't taken all the possible es nodes, but I estimate that it will end up being around 6.5-7k es in a few more levels. For hardcore taking the alternate tanky path through the middle of the tree for es clusters will help a lot. I admit that I had a pretty heavy focus on big dps numbers and fast clears because for softcore that's a lot flashier, but in reality this build could also serve very well as one where you focus entirely on survivability and simply let the RF/PA combination be good enough to give you all the dps you need.

As for Vaal pact, it's not a good idea- Vaal pact nullifies your life regeneration and thus your energy regeneration from Zealots oath. meaning you will just simply die. It is unfortunate because you do so much damage that life leech will often be capped; using a quality life leech gem will help with this but vaal pact is not viable. I believe mark made a confirmation mechanics post somewhere on this.

And yes, ghost reaver caps ES leech at 20% of your maximum ES. While I am attacking my life leech is usually capped unless it is on a single elemental resistant target.

This build can easily be made as a Templar, Witch, or Shadow as it takes passives from all three of those trees anyway.

Your passive tree looks absolutely solid (besides the Vaal pact which unfortunately doesn't work) and I can't really find any wasted points or ways to imrove it. I would recommend just using mana leech on the freezing pulse (instead of added lightning damage if you only have 5L) to solve your mana problems without having to invest in passives. The damage on this build will easily max out your mana leech regen (at 12.5% of max per second) with just the gem. If you are still running added lightning damage I think static blows is still probably worth the 4 extra passive points simply because shock adds so much and the build works so well with shock, but I will have to rerun the analysis to see how useful it will be compared to 4 crit nodes.

I'd love to hear about how your progress with the build goes in hardcore and how it works out for you. I realize that until you hit level 62 and get shavronnes this build will be very risky and difficult in hardcore, and will likely force use of many respecs. I am still working out how to best deal with the levelling phase of this build, especially in hardcore.

As for Str/Dex requirements, I agree that it can be a little tricky and I tried to have mine almost entirely fulfilled by gear since I hate spending passive points on just stats. I don't have an astramentis to compare with but I feel that eye of chayula is too indispensible on a FP build because the short-range nature of hte spell means you will eventually take some hits that might stun. But perhaps the astramentis adds enough hp that your base 50% stun resistance is enough to deal with stunlocks- I'm not sure. I will have to test one out myself.

Thank you for your answers;

so Vaal Pact doesn't work with ZO:p that'd have been a super nice combo.

I have started lvling up my future Righteous Fire FP char (currently lvl30ish); but as long as I don't have the unique chest I won't be able to try this build out. It'll take ages to get this chest, there is not even a single one for sale in hc.

It has been a long time I hadn't played a character based on mana (I mean my last char are all based on BM passive or BM support); I had forgotten how terribad was the mana regen atm.

I changed my passives plan a little bit (no more VP + I took the reduced mana+fc/regen from the templar start+ a better route in the templar area).

So far, as a lvl30ish, the mana regen is my main issue, I hope it'll get better as soon as I can use the mana leech support for lvling.

I have compared the routes between starting as a witch or a shadow (since I'm fine with starting with one of them, I just don't wanna start as a Templar^^).
Starting as a Witch seems to be a little bit better if I assume I'll need more mana anyway.

Shadow passives assuming I'll need more mana passives:

Witch passives:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CCEEGWVysHY-aBwFQRULvWO-Hi96cri3ptGcHzoqPxdn_GEZbBxewYw22P-nvX2-dHBsLsX2q0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-Og5I44TAUXDVXfJwUohrtvcRL5ma62Mc3JMntAxGcSq6lSAo-uvuuJMMfRB_xp6nCI9GgUmyOGZPHRT60maecU2az0NjtzFY9Z3EwBpZ86yqJ-3z3Z2uGmzkIo5k96a2-k3YnjyBb4x2BLMCcRRNgzidgGBtN2aESDyOAW9XyULD34QC_ow2tQRdxt3zLKam6zeD6rovnRbzJjw=
The witch start a bit better if you need mana passives, as with the Witch you don't have to take the faster casting nodes (which are pretty weak (9fc for 3 points; where as between the Shadow and the Witch there is a pack of 3fc passives that provide 10fc).

I need to figure out how hard will be the mana management in late game. My idea is not to use mana leech in end game, but I don't really know if it'd be possible if I take mana nodes only from the templar's start.

The links I'm currently thinking about are FP-Faster casting-Proj speed-GMP or LMP-Life Leech-Added chaos. (I've compared a lot both LMP/GMP support with my old FP Witch, and I figured out GMP is a bit better in most cases assuming I can bear the mana cost).
Added chaos is very strong with FP as it ads damage with each wave. Also, with this setup it's pretty easy to switch to mf: IQuanti-IQuali instead of Life leech-added chaos.

It'd be very helpfull if you could post ur mana stats (flat mana/reserve/regen/FP mana cost) + link your gear.

Now i'll keep working to get this unique chest that I desperately need, or all my build ideas will remain purely theory :s

ps: my applogies in advance for my english, as you can see it is not my first language.

edit: I've been thinking about an alternative
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVTxXn8Gtzs4w2Av7fhELDXfJw1XBSwFHjhIhrtvcRL5ma62MOSBGWf8bBxewYw22P-nvX2-dHBl9qwuy0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-OqKjwfNtGTvh4venK4t6HNyTJ7QMRnGVICj66-64kwx9EH_GnqcIj0YdFPrS98FmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAaWfOsqift891N2Ix2njyBbwSzAnHkIp2uGmyCxzdmLKam6zeD6roqup97naP8q4FJsjhmT4hC8h0ZLtlhah6oGPIvud3vDudSVElfPylP7Dg62IRIPI4=
As my last passives builds, it's a very high level plan, but ofc I know it'd take time to get there; since I play hc, the last nodes I'd take are the crit ones.
-a bit less crit/dmg crit
-no mana nodes from templar area
-fire resist(I'd need to overcap fire resist hard anyhow), all resists (always usefull to be more gear flexible), reduced crit (which is super usefull vs aliments status), 1.5% more regen (this is the main point of getting there) from the marauder start
-less es nodes from the middle (-3 less actually)

With only about 3% regen I'd not be able to run maps with 50% less regen.
Also if I'm not wrong, as long as RF is running you can't recover you can proc your normal es recovery (I mean the one that takes 3s to fulfill your es).
So it means that I will need to have an as higher as possible passive es regen (leeching means you are attacking mobs, but in very dangerous situation it's not always possible to leech back life enough).

The main problem with this alternative is the mana (the crit loss is not really significant as it's mainly for the crit dmg, plus the es loss 3*8 is nothing with about 400%+ total es boost).

The reduce crit nodes seem very usefull for any es based char as it reduces much the likelihood of beeing frozen, ignited and above all shocked. It also reduced the chance to be stun as it reduces the physical crit amount.

About the resists nodes, the 2* fire resists nodes use is pretty obvious if you want to run elem weakness maps, or even to face those necros that cast flamability; the +15% all is always usefull as you have to focus less on resists and more on flat es/chaos resists.

I'm currently lvling my future low-life caster, so far it's not really difficult even if the build route is very suboptimal (life nodes on the route are just all very weak+very few resists nodes). Also FP early is not that bad in a +1-2 lvl gem items, so my dps are just fine for now. But my overall defense is way lower comparing my old FP life based witch (currently lvl30ish at the end of the a3 normal with about 1k life (this is not really good for hc)).

I'm not rushing too much as anyway I need time to gather the es items, and get this unique chest also... burned all my scouring/chance, got nothing :s if some ppl around wanna sell chance/scouring for exalt pm me (only decent/normal ratio, I won't overpay).

Regards

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Last edited by Oracle87 on Mar 18, 2013, 2:02:53 PM
"
Imverykind wrote:

There are a few reasons for this. First, the energy shield/armor nodes are actually the best energy shield passives in the game, far better than any of the pure energy shield clusters. The pure ES nodes in the middle of the map are only 8% each, while the witch es nodes are even worse if you take the whole cluster due to useless 10% recovery reduction. On the other hand, Body and Soul is the largest energy shield node on the entire map (besides CI nodes), AND you get elemental resists AND armor.

Armor may not apparently seem useful without any armor gear, but it actually is incredibly valuable for two reasons: granite flasks and molten shell. Both of these give a substantial armor boost that is amplified by inner force, and I would consider these absolutely essential. With the Armor/es nodes and a granite flask of iron skin+ molten shell, you can reach 20k armor without a single piece of armor gear, which is absolutely invaluable in map survivability as it allows you to sit there and tank mobs.

It's not intentional or ideal to reserve more than 65% of hp, but I do it just so I can run one extra aura. I consider the extra 50-100 hp from being at 34% hp useless, but the much better sight radius at 35% life is maybe worth dropping the aura. I don't mind it that much after getting used to it however.
IGN: Argonaute or Argohuskar
Last edited by argonaute on Mar 18, 2013, 2:15:23 PM
Spoiler
"
rsantama wrote:
I've updated my gear a bit since im now level 71. and I leveled a little differently in the skill tree. I went for a little more ES and a little less damage first. Currently sitting at a tooltip of 3.3k dps for an LMP freezing pulse.

My Gear.
Spoiler

I am intending to use LMP ice spear totem once i find an LMP lol

My Tree currently
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0CcQSzBVsMfRB7EH8UsBdQF9gdFCftKU8rCjLROVI6MDrYO-FDY0VHRtdHBkwtTdhObVgHWPVZ813GXvpfamBtZp5nvW0ZcU1714Fvgh6Cm4hCi4yMdo9Gj_qaz5uhnaOdxJ48pwinK6yYrKq0xbUEtzG4k7w3vjrAGsEAwcXB88Lsw23GntA50NDbGtvn3fPhc-L35CLsGOw47SDub_Id8931S_fB99f60vyr

I added to a few crit passives as "interim" passives untill i get far down enough to take the last nullification node.

I am now sitting at 6k ES and it makes a WORLD of a difference. The effect of ES is exponential because the 20% life leech cap. currently running level 66-69 maps with ease there are some limitations on maps I can run
-blood magic and no life regen is out of the question
-I can run 50% life regen with the regen sheild, but mana is a huge problem.
- -max resist is also doable with a shield, and isnt as bad as 50% regen
- elemental weakness will be easy once i get the last nullification node. Its very important
stack fire resist so that even with map mods like that your still maxed.

- *side note* i decided to alch a map and got:
-elemental equilibrium
-75% cold resist

-hasted monsters
-vulnerability

this map was a terrible idea. but im pretty sure any freeze pulser would have a tough time with it. you deal 1/3 the damage and take double.

I find my self very dependent on flasks sometimes. one granite flasks brings my damage mitigation from 3% to 75% and the 4.5 seconds is more than enough time to clear the room.
I dont really have a problem DPSing mobs even though i took a little tankier route. i think half the reason my tooltip is lower is because i took double curse so i didnt take any witch cold damage nodes. Though the double curse almost doubles your damage so i still think it was worth it.

lastly i find this class gets easier as you play. from not only getting more late game passives, but from learning how to play it. You cant play it like a regular freeze pulse marauder. Your still a caster. You may be tanky but your not a tank. You cant heal your self so you have to play more carefull then a full fp mara. Also i feel as if a full fp mara has less limitations in terms of maps. But you do way more damage, way way way way more damage.

I definitely agree that your primary focus should be energy shield before grabbing your crit/damage nodes. As for damage- this is a very late game scaling build. Once you reach lvl 75+ your damage goes up faster and faster, as leveling up righteous fire, getting more crit/crit damage, leveling up freezing pulse/added lightning, etc. all multiplicatively work together to exponential increase dps.

As for map mods, the only ones I find I cannot do are no regen and blood magic. -max resists and 50% regen mean that your RF does constantly burn you but you have enough life leech to replenish your es in a few seconds. 50% regen is more annoying however because of mana problems. They are both still possible, even without a springleaf shield. I also have no difficulty with basically any other map mod, whether it is stacked cold resistance or enfeeble or vulnerability+haste.

The character is definitely very dependent on flasks. Granite flasks are definitely needed to help with survivability, but that is true on every non-armor based character. Sapphire flasks are also very useful to help against cold damage that would otherwise chill you constantly.
"
The_Dude wrote:
Aura's are getting nerfed. Purity and vitality will be harder to manage, so you should factor this in. Perhaps add the marauder regen nodes, and drop vitality from the build?

Edit: Is it possible to run two percent based aura's off of the blood magic gem, assume level 20 reduced mana and BM gems?

that is a shame, although not too surprising. This build still works without the covenant robe; you simply will have to drop haste and possibly grace. I had only run 4 auras before getting my covenant: purity blood magiced, and discipline/clarity/vitality on mana. You can also keep haste, drop vitality, and spend the 7 extra points on the marauder nodes but I personally would rather keep those passives for something else.

It is not possible to run two 40% auras off blood magic gem, but if you have ~700 hp it is possible to run discipline or grace + a 40% aura on health.
RE: Oracle

I just typed like a whole page of response that got deleted since I had too many nested quotes :(.

So the basic jist:

-Mana was a big problem for me as well. I initially specced into the witch mana passives to help with that, but eventually I got gear with high mana regen (50%+) on 3 slots so I am perfectly fine with mana now. Occassionally have to drink a mana flask against big resistant rares or a long drawn out battle but still rare. I personally consider "essential threshold stats" like mana and strength/dex to be something I rather would get as gear (hence my very few mana and str/dex passives), but it is perfectly fine to fulfill those with passives, and this build is generally very flexible around that. I do consider the witch mana regen passives to be suboptimal however, because it takes many points to get there and you have to take some useless nodes (10% es cooldwon reduction).

-I can't link my stats since I'm at work right now but I know I have around 260 mana after reserved auras, and something like 120 mana recovery per second. FP costs 70 mana a cast, and I have 2.5 casts per second, so it's a net loss of about 50-60 mana a second. Which means I can cast continuously for 5 seconds which is usually more than enough to kill almost anything, but a mana flask will solve your problems in the case of anything else being there. My gear is linked at the end of my guide

-This build still works extremely well without Shavronne's wrappings- just not against chaos mobs. That means you can still farm Docks, lunaris, fellshrine, ledge, etc. very efficiently with wondertrap and high damage. I did this for like a month before Shavronne's was released because I still had trouble against chaos damage in maps.

-While true that RF prevents normal es regen, you should always keep a flask that dispels burning so that you can get rid of RF and let your es regenerate. E.g. you get hit by map kole by accident and drop to 40% es. It is way to risky to try leeching that back up so instead you just dispel your RF, run away from the battle, and heal back to full before turning RF back on.

-I do still prefer added lightning damage over added chaos. Added chaos adds a lot more tooltip dps but I still believe added lightning with shock is more effective overall simply due to how well shock scales supralinearly with damage. And since this build has basically has one of the largest if not the largest more damage multiplier of 277% without any support gems, this build is the king in terms of damage scaling. My shock simulations show that I have on average one shock stack uptime on mobs of 100,000 hp, which means you can basically shock everything. And each shock stack increases your damage by 40% more damage.
Last edited by argonaute on Mar 18, 2013, 3:05:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info