[0.10.3]Argonaute's Righteous Fire/Low Life FP Templar: 19.5k+ DPS, 6 Auras, Static Blows [VIDEO UP]

"
Kragma wrote:
might be pre-empting your updates here, but would this build be viable with say an Arc > Shock Nova Lightning approach rather than a Freezing Pulse cold build?

keen to see your new Curse build too as that would possibly make this build truly insane!

Yes- the core of the build for Righteous fire can easily be used with any caster build. I don't take really any ability-specific nodes. It would be trivial to simply convert any cold damage nodes into lightning damage and perhaps focus on pure lightning damage rather than crit- as long as you have Zealot's oath, ghost reaver, pain attunement, elemental adaptation, and life regen you can use Righteous fire and low life buffs for whatever caster you wish. The only caster build which I feel may not be viable with this build are ethereal knives builds, simply because the extremely high physical dps means you simply instantly die to physical reflect because it's not possible to get high physical damage resistance while elemental builds have 83-85% base resistance and can reach 98% via a flask.

The benefits of using arc would be that you can wipe mobs out from long range and the chaining means you would likely clear out trash mobs faster and possible safer. The potential downside might be that your single target damage is a little lacking.
IGN: Argonaute or Argohuskar
thanks for your amazing work!

I think this is the build I've been waiting a while for ;)
Finally got a video posted up! first video ever made and fraps was a hassle to work with. Sorry for no commentary, my mic broke a while ago.
Very nice guide. I was lucky enough to chance this baby:

So of course I had to try this out! I modified your build a bit to be a bit easier on str/dex requirements:

This build works with any spell except incinerate, since that spell cannot crit. I can easily drop the str/dex for more dps/defense later, when my gear allows. I am planning to use elemental weakness instead of frostbite, in order to help with the shock stacks. Currently I am in the "suck it up phase" as you call it. This is not the easiest build to level even if you have a stash full of uber items.

Finally an alternative to the HP stacking builds! (although the new CI nodes look pretty tasty for for another build...)

Also, how is your mana? Are you having any issues?
Last edited by PotatoPants on Mar 14, 2013, 7:39:01 PM
"
PotatoPants wrote:
Very nice guide. I was lucky enough to chance this baby:

So of course I had to try this out! I modified your build a bit to be a bit easier on str/dex requirements:

This build works with any spell except incinerate, since that spell cannot crit. I can easily drop the str/dex for more dps/defense later, when my gear allows. I am planning to use elemental weakness instead of frostbite, in order to help with the shock stacks. Currently I am in the "suck it up phase" as you call it. This is not the easiest build to level even if you have a stash full of uber items.

Finally an alternative to the HP stacking builds! (although the new CI nodes look pretty tasty for for another build...)

Also, how is your mana? Are you having any issues?

Congratulations on that chance!! Once you get Shavronne's making this build work late game is easy. Almost the entire cost of the build is from the chestpiece; the rest of my gear is only about maybe 4 exalts worth and I still feel really powerful.

Strength/dex requirements definitely can be an issue since the Vitality, Grace, haste auras and the LMP gems have pretty high requirements. I mostly used gear to help cover the requirements but it's definitely worth a few points if you can meet them otherwise. This build has access to many +30 stat nodes because it spans so much of the passive tree.

As for mana, I did have some mana issues without gear- I needed to pick up mana regeneration affixes on both my rings. However once you have some mana regeneration on gear, leveling up clarity almost triples my base mana regeneration and so it helps enormously with mana. I do unfortunately have to run one mana flask for long-drawn out engagements but I don't use it often, and most things die quickly enough before my mana pool is drained.

As for Frostbite vs elemental weakness, elemental weakness definitely increases your damage a lot more but I find the freeze chance from frostbite extremely useful and hard to pass on. However, I'm trying to reorganize my build so that it incorporates whispers of doom, so you get the best of both worlds!
Last edited by argonaute on Mar 14, 2013, 9:16:03 PM
Very nice build,

i'm currently working a very similar build. The idea is to use this super strong skill named righteous fire with Pain Attunement (and thus many auras).

As I play in hc, 4-5k es seems pretty low, i'd grab about all es nodes in the passive tree.
Well, I don't have the new unique chest yet, which is a must have with this build. It'll take a while to find it (currently it's more than 30 exalts, a bit too pricy for me at the moment).

Vaal Pact ?
Also, I've planned to grab Vaal Pact node,but I'm actually not so sure if it's really worth it.
With RF+PA+decent wand my dps would skyrocket, that's why i consider taking Vaal Pact,
but since i'm still pretty new to this game, I'm not sure if I understand very well the way life leech works.
There is a 20% life leech cap (per second) based on life, does this cap is applied to my es pool if I take ghost reaver (I have read that it does, but i'd like a confirmation from guys who have tested it)?

Assuming I have 6k es, 20% of 6k = 1.2k/sec (maximum es leech per second)
Assuming I use a lvl20 life leech support ( 8% life leech applied to Es with Ghost reaver)
0.08*x=1.2k
x = 15k, the dps cap for the es leech
15k can seem high, but I think with a Freezing Pulse setup it's not that high if you attack multiple targets.
Also instant leech is always > regen leech.

Last point: Does Vaal Pact kill your es regen (as I obviously will take Zealot's Oath) ? Basically do Zealot's Oath and Vaal Pact work together. If they do, they would be an interesting combo.

Here is my ~lvl75 passives plan:

My very end-game plan:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVTxXn8Gtzs4w2Av7fhELDXfJw1XBSwFHjhIhrtvcRL5ma62MOSBGWf8bBxewYw22P-nvX2-dHBl9qwuy0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-OqKjwfNtGTvh4venK4t6HNyTJ7QMRnGVICj66-64kwx9EH_GnqcIj0YdFPrS98FmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAaWfOsqift893sODrYTdiMdp48gW8EswJxKU_kIp2uGmyCx0GHeriukyo4N2YspqbrN4Pquiq6hEg8jgFvV8k0Cp97naP8q4FJsjhmT45k96a2-ohC8h0=
After taking all defensive nodes, I'll focus on spell crit nodes in order to enhance my dps + my chance to freeze mobs.
I may take less es nodes in the middle of the tree, but as dying is not an option I prefer to plan to take them all.

My passive plan is very similar to the All-out tanky endgame variant, but i'd take Vaal Pact, and I would start as a Shadow (so less passives needed, but also no mana nodes).
I don't like the templar spell caster style, he is too ugly. And I wanna play as a shadow as I haven't ever play this character till end game.
With no mana nodes I'm aware that I will need mana/mana regen on gear, but I think I could manage the mana problem.

edit: I've planned to use Astramentis to sold all problems with str/dex required for support/auras. I could take some +30 nodes instead, but as I'am already short of passives I'd prefer not to do so. Also, astrementis is a nice boost to es (about +26%). Anyway this point is not a big deal as it'd need just some respec points.

Feel free to criticize my build; I post here to have your opinion.

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Last edited by Oracle87 on Mar 15, 2013, 1:48:23 PM
Spoiler
"
Oracle87 wrote:
Very nice build,

i'm currently working a very similar build. The idea is to use this super strong skill named righteous fire with Pain Attunement (and thus many auras).

As I play in hc, 4-5k es seems pretty low, i'd grab about all es nodes in the passive tree.
Well, I don't have the new unique chest yet, which is a must have with this build. It'll take a while to find it (currently it's more than 30 exalts, a bit too pricy for me at the moment).

Vaal Pact ?
Also, I've planned to grab Vaal Pact node,but I'm actually not so sure if it's really worth it.
With RF+PA+decent wand my dps would skyrocket, that's why i consider taking Vaal Pact,
but since i'm still pretty new to this game, I'm not sure if I understand very well the way life leech works.
There is a 20% life leech cap (per second) based on life, does this cap is applied to my es pool if I take ghost reaver (I have read that it does, but i'd like a confirmation from guys who have tested it)?

Assuming I have 6k es, 20% of 6k = 1.2k/sec (maximum es leech per second)
Assuming I use a lvl20 life leech support ( 8% life leech applied to Es with Ghost reaver)
0.08*x=1.2k
x = 15k, the dps cap for the es leech
15k can seem high, but I think with a Freezing Pulse setup it's not that high if you attack multiple targets.
Also instant leech is always > regen leech.

Last point: Does Vaal Pact kill your es regen (as I obviously will take Zealot's Oath) ? Basically do Zealot's Oath and Vaal Pact work together. If they do, they would be an interesting combo.

Here is my ~lvl75 passives plan:

My very end-game plan:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVTxXn8Gtzs4w2Av7fhELDXfJw1XBSwFHjhIhrtvcRL5ma62MOSBGWf8bBxewYw22P-nvX2-dHBl9qwuy0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-OqKjwfNtGTvh4venK4t6HNyTJ7QMRnGVICj66-64kwx9EH_GnqcIj0YdFPrS98FmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAaWfOsqift893sODrYTdiMdp48gW8EswJxKU_kIp2uGmyCx0GHeriukyo4N2YspqbrN4Pquiq6hEg8jgFvV8k0Cp97naP8q4FJsjhmT45k96a2-ohC8h0=
After taking all defensive nodes, I'll focus on spell crit nodes in order to enhance my dps + my chance to freeze mobs.
I may take less es nodes in the middle of the tree, but as dying is not an option I prefer to plan to take them all.

My passive plan is very similar to the All-out tanky endgame variant, but i'd take Vaal Pact, and I would start as a Shadow (so less passives needed, but also no mana nodes).
I don't like the templar spell caster style, he is too ugly. And I wanna play as a shadow as I haven't ever play this character till end game.
With no mana nodes I'm aware that I will need mana/mana regen on gear, but I think I could manage the mana problem.

edit: I've planned to use Astramentis to sold all problems with str/dex required for support/auras. I could take some +30 nodes instead, but as I'am already short of passives I'd prefer not to do so. Also, astrementis is a nice boost to es (about +26%). Anyway this point is not a big deal as it'd need just some respec points.

Feel free to criticize my build; I post here to have your opinion.

I agree that as of right now my 5.2k es is a little low. Much of my gear is suboptimal for survivability and I also haven't taken all the possible es nodes, but I estimate that it will end up being around 6.5-7k es in a few more levels. For hardcore taking the alternate tanky path through the middle of the tree for es clusters will help a lot. I admit that I had a pretty heavy focus on big dps numbers and fast clears because for softcore that's a lot flashier, but in reality this build could also serve very well as one where you focus entirely on survivability and simply let the RF/PA combination be good enough to give you all the dps you need.

As for Vaal pact, it's not a good idea- Vaal pact nullifies your life regeneration and thus your energy regeneration from Zealots oath. meaning you will just simply die. It is unfortunate because you do so much damage that life leech will often be capped; using a quality life leech gem will help with this but vaal pact is not viable. I believe mark made a confirmation mechanics post somewhere on this.

And yes, ghost reaver caps ES leech at 20% of your maximum ES. While I am attacking my life leech is usually capped unless it is on a single elemental resistant target.

This build can easily be made as a Templar, Witch, or Shadow as it takes passives from all three of those trees anyway.

Your passive tree looks absolutely solid (besides the Vaal pact which unfortunately doesn't work) and I can't really find any wasted points or ways to imrove it. I would recommend just using mana leech on the freezing pulse (instead of added lightning damage if you only have 5L) to solve your mana problems without having to invest in passives. The damage on this build will easily max out your mana leech regen (at 12.5% of max per second) with just the gem. If you are still running added lightning damage I think static blows is still probably worth the 4 extra passive points simply because shock adds so much and the build works so well with shock, but I will have to rerun the analysis to see how useful it will be compared to 4 crit nodes.

I'd love to hear about how your progress with the build goes in hardcore and how it works out for you. I realize that until you hit level 62 and get shavronnes this build will be very risky and difficult in hardcore, and will likely force use of many respecs. I am still working out how to best deal with the levelling phase of this build, especially in hardcore.

As for Str/Dex requirements, I agree that it can be a little tricky and I tried to have mine almost entirely fulfilled by gear since I hate spending passive points on just stats. I don't have an astramentis to compare with but I feel that eye of chayula is too indispensible on a FP build because the short-range nature of hte spell means you will eventually take some hits that might stun. But perhaps the astramentis adds enough hp that your base 50% stun resistance is enough to deal with stunlocks- I'm not sure. I will have to test one out myself.
Last edited by argonaute on Mar 15, 2013, 2:59:17 PM
Argo, why don't you use the unique helm (I think it's one of the hyrimmnor series) that grants 20% reduced mana cost of skills on low life?

That way, you could easily ditch the mana leech gem in your setup and run an additional dps gem!

Petrov.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Argo, why don't you use the unique helm (I think it's one of the hyrimmnor series) that grants 20% reduced mana cost of skills on low life?

That way, you could easily ditch the mana leech gem in your setup and run an additional dps gem!

Petrov.

It's the honorhome helmet, and I was actually really considering it since the bonuses are really nice for the price while on low life (20% reduced mana cost, and 40% all res!). Unfortunately I feel for endgame maps you will need all the ES you can get since we are already running a bunch of understatted uniques and so I felt grabbing a rare ES helm that can add another 1000 es after passives is probably better in the long run. There were quite a bit of uniques with useful effects for the build but unfortunately most of them are not viable because their stats in endgame are simply too bad.

I'm currently not running mana leech in my gem setup, instead using a maxed out clarity with mana regen affixes on my rings and shield to solve mana problems. I am a little worried however that if I 6L the mana problem will become difficult.
Last edited by argonaute on Mar 16, 2013, 3:42:57 AM
Ok I have created your build going the dual curse side. I am now level 66 and here are my thoughts.

You do ALOT of damage. pretty much the most damage ive ever seen. Though the survivability is lacking. Frost is very irritating and you also build up shock stacks incredibly quickly. more ES is a must IMO. Also this build is very dependent on having some gear with +str and +dex. I had to add into 2 +10 dex nodes temporarily untill I find a solution to my gear situation. Decoy totem is invaluable and i really wish i could find a way to have more str so it stays alive longer.

I need to find some way to add mores ES. I agree that 5.5 is way to low and im currently running 3.9. with 7k ES you would probably be doing very well though it will take a very high level or very godly gear to get to that point.
IGN: Crotchless

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info