Path of Exile: Synthesis Patch Notes

Also no mention to syndicate encounters doing less damage at high tier maps?

Can you imagine a build with 80% All max res (-20% chaos res), 7k EHP, enfeeble Blasphemy, with permanent fortify on , literally got one shot by a non telegraphic random attack from IT THAT FLED at t16 map?
"is it just me or are there literally no real buffs or mechanic changes that would make selfcasting any more viable? if this is all we get for selfcasting than literally nothing will change and i worry about 3.7 melee changes"

Yeah um THIS, WTF GGG
I really dislike and like these changes.

P.S stop killing my fucking builds

P.S.S seriously. stop it.

So no instanced Betrayal encounters? This' gonna be one hell of a shitfest, being ambushed and chased by OP Syndicate members all over the place.
"
Path of Exile no longer supports the Windows XP or Windows Vista operating systems. It will still support a 32-bit client for users of 32-bit versions of Windows, but we strongly encourage users to use the 64-bit client if they can. With no more support for Windows XP and Vista, we are also finally retiring support for the DirectX 9 rendering mode, as DirectX 11 is fully supported in recent versions of Windows and is so much faster. By not having to maintain support for two versions of DirectX, we are able to simplify a lot of code, making it faster.

It'll be interesting to see if PoE will still run on Linux after this change; most of the advice for Linux players I've seen calls for running the game in DX9 mode, since PoE's DX11 implementation is basically broken for the purposes of Wine/Proton/etc. It would be a shame to break Steam Play support just when 3.16-7 finally has the game posting some "Platinum" results on ProtonDB for the Ubuntu distro -- please, GGG, don't screw this up for your Linux-loving fans!

I'm also curious to see if the game's servers are any more stable, this time around. I know that GGG said that the stability issues with 3.5 weren't something that could be fixed by simply bringing more servers online, due to some underlying issue that had gone undetected until 3.5's huge increase in player traffic finally broke whatever it was, but I didn't see any mention of improved stability in these patch notes, and that disturbs me a little. Requiring 2-3 attempts to start the game, every time, with occasional "unexpected disconnection" errors during play after that... well, let's just say that I didn't play as much 3.5 as I might have, if not for these issues.

I'm going to +1 all the disappointed melee players, too. I love melee myself, and the continued sorry state of melee in PoE, especially given just how much longer melee's been a problem than self-spellcasting, did make the 100% spell focus of 3.6 something of a letdown. That said... it's possible that spells needed to be rebalanced before melee could be properly addressed, after years of spell power creep had basically killed "real" melee play in PoE, so I'm still holding out some hope for 3.7/3.8/3.9. I'm thinking that properly fixing melee is the work of more than one major patch, but hearing Chris say that they were working on melee for upcoming expansions does finally give me some hope. At least they're finally working on it!

As for the spell changes in this patch... I've gotta say, I'm loving both the Holy and Chaos spell archetypes that they seem to have built here. I', actually having trouble deciding which to try first! Although I've mainly done Templars for two straight leagues now, so I'm thinking a Witch might be in order... or, rather, out of order...

My few misgivings aside... overall, this looks like a well-crafted bundle of goodies, and I approve. Well done, GGG! Again.
"
Mdaiber wrote:
"is it just me or are there literally no real buffs or mechanic changes that would make selfcasting any more viable? if this is all we get for selfcasting than literally nothing will change and i worry about 3.7 melee changes"

Yeah um THIS, WTF GGG

I was expecting mana requirements to be adjusted much more than they did for one, but I guess better to make smaller changes then maybe tiny buffs in the future than a bug change then have to nerf and piss everyone off.
"
Mdaiber wrote:

Yeah um THIS, WTF GGG

I think Blizzard did these patch notes. Just buff everything by 100%
GOOD NICE JOB
Summon Raging Spirit
Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 16 (was 12).

Oh Come on, you could have done better than that!
"
Haiatu wrote:
Well there went my excitement for this league....I get toning down something but outright making it unplayable is just ridiculous... ugh stop making unique build defining items if you're just gonna nerf it to worthlessness.

I $^*&ing love this game but each patch you're just making me enjoy it less and less....again nerfing and toning down I get but to make shit just straight up destroy builds how is that enjoyable? I've donated so much to this game since beta because I've loved the depth and updates but to continually destroying builds to literally unplayable is pushing me away.

Agree! Indifference to player time...
☣ 𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖆 𝖌𝖎𝖋𝖙 ☣

«𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖈𝖗𝖚𝖊𝖑 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖆𝖋𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖜 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖋 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙» — Diablo II LoD Manual

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info