Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile Synthesis

nice wait patchnotes
nice good work arc totem!
lol wait hype!
Yay
xD
new balance
I really don't know about this hard cap of 90% max resistences when on higher tier maps, Elemental Weakness map mod destroys any resistences you would otherwise have. That is why most players would elect to have a good amount of resistences above the 75% max resistence threshold. So, now that we are hard-capped at 90% total resistences, how the hell are we to survive with such map mods? Add in the map mod of -% maximum resistences, and RIP everyone. Sounds fun right? LOOL

GGG have you considered nerfing or getting rid of these two in particular map/area mods that would more adversely and negatively affect this new hard-cap of 90% max resistence?
Last edited by AShugars on Mar 5, 2019, 2:14:37 AM
Interesting lack of comments. This is either folks saving their "ire" for the patch notes tomorrow, or GGG has finally convinced everyone that they will do it their way - so it just doesn't matter.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Mar 5, 2019, 2:20:18 AM
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
Interesting lack of comments. This is either folks saving their "ire" for the patch notes tomorrow, or GGG has finally convinced everyone that they will do it their way - so it just doesn't matter.

Lack of comments because everyone is commenting on the thread linked...
"
AShugars wrote:
I really don't know about this hard cap of 90% max resistences when on higher tier maps, Elemental Weakness map mod destroys any resistences you would otherwise have. That is why most players would elect to have a good amount of resistences above the 75% max resistence threshold. So, now that we are hard-capped at 90% total resistences, how the hell are we to survive with such map mods? Add in the map mod of -% maximum resistences, and RIP everyone. Sounds fun right? LOOL

GGG have you considered nerfing or getting rid of these two in particular map/area mods that would more adversely and negatively affect this new hard-cap of 90% max resistence?

I think you mistook uncapped resistance for maximum resistance.

"

Damage Immunity
We've made a few changes to prevent total immunity to specific damage types, as these could be used to completely trivialize some encounters:

Player Maximum Resistances now can never go above 90%. Any maximum resistance you have above this value will have no effect. This is especially important as Synthesis introduces other sources of Maximum Resistances.

If I understand this correctly it means they limit only the max resist part while leaving the uncapped part untouched.
So you can still have 114%+ of uncapped resistance and ignore Elemental Weakness mod while you can no longer have 100% max resist and thus be immune to damage of a specific element(not sure if you can even stack it that high).
And you should still be able to ignore the -max resist map mod by stacking your max resists to 87%.
The Ignored One

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info