[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

Would a ES/CI version be doable as league starter too? I only played ES once 2 years ago and had all the gear beforehand. Like can you get through the early content (acts to white maps) with only ES nodes and gear you pick up on the way too?
"
Kastanj wrote:

ED and Soulrend will both benefit from the same nodes on the tree and the same support gems for the most part, so it's not entirely unfeasible to level with one, while having the other in the weapon-switch to give it XP as well. Then you can switch between them - Soulrend for clear, ED for bosses. Not the smoothest way of doing things, but not unbearable.

Yeah, but when I want to play ED I'd play ED, you understand :D I'm thinking about testing both during leveling and see what fits better, ED + contagion seems a bit slower tho
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
I think ES gear is going to be super expensive in 3.6 so I'm gonna go for life+MoM I think :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers of the new soulrend skill, if it's bad I will just go with ED + contagion.

Will this build be viable for farming t16 elder maps u think?
EB tree should easily fit both Soulrend and ED, so just pick whichever feels best
"
Kastanj wrote:
I imagine switching GMP for slow Proj will be mandatory whenever you go up against a boss
We assume for now that soulrend will fully benefit from slower projectiles. If this isn't the case once the league goes live, we can use empower as a 6th link and swap swift affliction with gmp for clear.

"
D3s7r0y3r wrote:
Would a ES/CI version be doable as league starter too? I only played ES once 2 years ago and had all the gear beforehand. Like can you get through the early content (acts to white maps) with only ES nodes and gear you pick up on the way too?
I don't think that you can just roll with es nodes and no items beforehand. Go life+mom at the start and respec into either life+mom+eb or es+ci.

"
phexifa wrote:
if it's bad I will just go with ED + contagion.
Will this build be viable for farming t16 elder maps u think?
It's an autotarget spell that has two damage components. Can't be that bad, but yes, you can always go ed+contagion if you don't like it. We already know that ed+contagion clears just fine t16s, I doubt it that soulrend's gonna have ed's dps halved. =)
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 6, 2019, 1:53:32 PM
i AM REALLY EXITED TO SEE a CI OR maybe a LL build with this i want to play with soulrend because the skill looks really good for a starter and going CI with a lot of energy shield i think this build can shine really good especially with the new ENERGY SHIELD LEECH
I just want to check I understand these 2 concepts with soulrend and new trickster. You should go ES if you're using soulrend due to the built in ES leech. Trickster without a channel spell will lose dps if they have swift killer node on boss fights.

Trying not to do a weapon swap but also want to maintain frenzy and power charges on bosses with a channel skill with soul purpose to charge regen and not for dmg
"
TnTizz wrote:
Trickster without a channel spell will lose dps if they have swift killer node on boss fights.
Correct. Swift Killer is taken for the frenzy charge generation during mapping. We're not maintaining it during boss fights.
How is this build for bossing, ED was always pretty bad, same with toxic rain build I've played. Can anyone say if this will be better or is it too good to be true?
Jesus christ Soulrend and Malevolence look amazing! I guess the catch for soulrend is 0.4s base duration but does that matter alot? Malevolence also increases this base duration right?

Also what about life+MoM+EB build with the new energy leech support, seems good to me in theory
Last edited by phexifa on Mar 6, 2019, 8:17:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info