[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
Reactor52 wrote:
Maybe answered elsewhere, but why not dual wield daggers or swords and substitute Whirling Blades for Shield Charge?

Whirling Blades/Shield Charge won't bridge gaps/ledges and can dump you into the blue in synthesis, where as Flame Dash doesn't which is where wands come in.
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
"
Reactor52 wrote:
Maybe answered elsewhere, but why not dual wield daggers or swords and substitute Whirling Blades for Shield Charge?

Whirling Blades/Shield Charge won't bridge gaps/ledges and can dump you into the blue in synthesis, where as Flame Dash doesn't which is where wands come in.

Yes, but I was asking about WB vs Shield Charge. I keep a Flame Dash anyway for those instances, but it doesn't apply Fortify. If you are going to drop the shield for an offhand weapon why wouldn't you use blades in order to retain the ability to apply Fortify?
"
Messiek wrote:
Hey everyone! This is my first season ever, and after a not very successful arc witch, this Soulrend trickster was a joy.

I've been doing up to T16, but having issues with boss damage.

I wanna know where should I upgrade next?
I was thinking about the double wand setup, but I have no idea how to craft effectively or at all. haha

Here are my items:

Thanks.

Need to get a wand with NACDOT for more damage. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/3pyqK9U5
Get more gear that has life on it and ES, your jewellery could really do with being replaced, they are good for res but that's about all, try and get as much life with resists and spell damage. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/Qv4r9RHw
I am probably missing something, but what gains us Power/Frenzy charges other than the Swift Killer 15% chance on kill? Does the channeling in Swift Killer get proc'd by our use of Blight in the totem setup?
Loving this build in the flashback league. Not great choices for wands or jewelry yet so I went with what I could find. No issues so far.

Last edited by Farbod on May 18, 2019, 1:53:57 AM
"
Reactor52 wrote:
I am probably missing something, but what gains us Power/Frenzy charges other than the Swift Killer 15% chance on kill? Does the channeling in Swift Killer get proc'd by our use of Blight in the totem setup?

We gain Power/Frenzy and Endurance charges with Overcharge. You can use a Intuitive Leap gem (where currently your Spreading Rot is) and you gain access to the Overcharged and Melding nodes.

It's not a must, in my opinion, but it is quite nice to have for mapping.
"
"
Reactor52 wrote:

We gain Power/Frenzy and Endurance charges with Overcharge. You can use a Intuitive Leap gem (where currently your Spreading Rot is) and you gain access to the Overcharged and Melding nodes.

OK. I see that now. But that basically adds another 8% chance to the 15% from Swift Killer. Which is still a chance on Kill. Great for mapping where you are mowing down lots of groups. But, useless on Boss fights? I'm still learning this game and its mechanics. I was hoping that the Power/Frenzy charge gain on channeling from Swift Killer (in our case that would be Blight) would actually proc off of the use of Blight in our totem setup. Yes/No?
"
Reactor52 wrote:
I was hoping that the Power/Frenzy charge gain on channeling from Swift Killer (in our case that would be Blight) would actually proc off of the use of Blight in our totem setup. Yes/No?

This is just an educated guess...

It should definitely apply if you are channeling Blight yourself.

It probably wouldn't apply if your Blight is on a totem since it's the totem doing the channeling, not the player.

Easy enough to test!
Last edited by GreyLensman on May 17, 2019, 12:40:57 PM
Deleted
Last edited by Farbod on May 17, 2019, 9:35:57 PM
"
Reactor52 wrote:
"
"
Reactor52 wrote:

OK. I see that now. But that basically adds another 8% chance to the 15% from Swift Killer. Which is still a chance on Kill. Great for mapping where you are mowing down lots of groups. But, useless on Boss fights? I'm still learning this game and its mechanics. I was hoping that the Power/Frenzy charge gain on channeling from Swift Killer (in our case that would be Blight) would actually proc off of the use of Blight in our totem setup. Yes/No?

Also, never having used Intuitive Leap, does it pull up all passives in its range, including Notables and Keystones as well as the regular nodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info