[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
Brenovisky wrote:
Some people are picking minions nodes in the tree, why? Am I missing something?

The node spiritual aid on the far left makes minion damage apply to you
Really enjoying this build so far!
Running a 5L QOTF.
I'm at high tier maps - 15/16 and a few bosses one shot me.
Any advice on what I could switch up / upgrade to help survivability?
I've been a little lazy on some gems and have some spaces, so any advice what could go in to improve further.
Have about 400c to spend..
"
hc14 wrote:
Really enjoying this build so far!
Running a 5L QOTF.
I'm at high tier maps - 15/16 and a few bosses one shot me.
Any advice on what I could switch up / upgrade to help survivability?
I've been a little lazy on some gems and have some spaces, so any advice what could go in to improve further.
Have about 400c to spend..

I'm assuming your resistances are capped, so not going to bother doing the arithmetic for that.

1. Get some more +life on items that have a low amount (or even none).

2. Get the Devouring Diadem, use it for your auras. With an Enlighten gem and the Clarity cluster of passives, you can run a third 50% aura. Devouring Diadem gives you EB for free, which means that with some rerouting, you gain 3 passive points to spend on something else. Move auras into your Diadem, put Bane into your boots and move CwDT/ImmoCall to a wand.

3. Replace the mana craft on your left ring. You should have barely any unreserved mana, so things that affect mana pool or mana regeneration do nothing.

4. Benchcraft something in your right ring.

5. Consider getting non-ailment chaos damage over time (NACDOT) multiplier crafts on your wands. Point-for-point it's far more powerful than increased spell damage or increased chaos damage. Use PoB for exact figures.

6. Link CwDT/ImmoCall to Increased Duration Support. This support can be level 20 (isn't affected by the CwDT level restriction).

7. If your Energy Shield is fairly high compared to your life pool (for one-shot protection, a 7:3 ratio between life and ES is optimal), if you manage to squeeze in some 40 unreserved mana, you can add a level 1 Clarity and combine it with a Watcher's Eye that gives you a mini-MoM effect for 6-10% while affected by Clarity (on top of the 30% you already get from the MoM keystone).

8. If you still need more tankiness, consider switching to 1H + shield. The combination of Cerberus Limb with Lioneye's Remorse gives you quite a bit of life and ES. Instead of LR, you can also use Ahn's Heritage with 2 Fragility jewels and get +3% maximum resists and permanent Onslaught.

I've built my Trickster to be fairly tanky, considering I'm going for level 100 with a lot of solo play and as such don't want to get hit by the experience penalty too often. You can take a look at my profile for ideas. The only expensive items in there are the 6L chest (4 ex) and the Diadem with Soulrend enchant (5 ex). Everything else I got on a budget (each item below 100c, some way below).
Hello guys,

The guide is great, I'm trying to do uber elder but I think I might be lacking some damage. What would you recommend to upgrade next?

Thanks!
"
fa_cassegrain wrote:
Hello guys,

The guide is great, I'm trying to do uber elder but I think I might be lacking some damage. What would you recommend to upgrade next?

Thanks!

Some of your gear choices are really wonky.

For the wands, +1 to Chaos helps Essence Drain only, but losing that for increased DOT hurts Soulrend DPS. I really hope you didn't actually multimod the other wand, and the trigger on it is a wasted slot which could be another arcane surge/hybrid or pure cast speed.

Chest is okay, could be a bit more defensive if you went with Perfect Form, but you might have trouble balancing resists already since you have Atziri's Step. Speaking of boots, you probably want to enchant that with something useful and maybe get a better gloves enchant.

Belt is really weak and you should look for a better one to at least help balance resists more across your gear. Open affixes on belt and rings could then be used to craft increased damage. The abyss jewel only really gives you life and you should aim to get phasing or onslaught on the jewel.

Flasks are another issue. I typically prefer Bubbling or Seething for life flask prefix. You want Alchemist's on Jade Flask for more evasion but Experimenter's is okay. Alchemist's on Stibnite is wasted as I don't think it increases the evasion it gives and also cuts the duration. You want Experimenter's there. Get heat or adrenaline at least on quicksilver flask. Atiziri's Promise only has one useful mod in the Chaos leeched as life but you already have Trickster nodes and ED for that sustain so that is also a bit of a waste. If you want the chaos res, you're better off using a magic amethyst flask and if not aiming for chaos res then getting a sulpher, quartz, or silver flask for general mapping or an aquamarine flask for the Uber Elder fight would be better.

Jewels on tree could be improved. Either with higher life. Unless you fossil craft the jewels, you get more damage from regular jewels otherwise and can get increased DOT, Chaos, Spell damage as well as NACDOT. It would be good to get a Watcher's Eye with NACDOT for Malevolence as a big DPS increase if you have the currency for it.
Spoiler
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
fa_cassegrain wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks!

Some of your gear choices are really wonky.

For the wands, +1 to Chaos helps Essence Drain only, but losing that for increased DOT hurts Soulrend DPS. I really hope you didn't actually multimod the other wand, and the trigger on it is a wasted slot which could be another arcane surge/hybrid or pure cast speed.

Chest is okay, could be a bit more defensive if you went with Perfect Form, but you might have trouble balancing resists already since you have Atziri's Step. Speaking of boots, you probably want to enchant that with something useful and maybe get a better gloves enchant.

Belt is really weak and you should look for a better one to at least help balance resists more across your gear. Open affixes on belt and rings could then be used to craft increased damage. The abyss jewel only really gives you life and you should aim to get phasing or onslaught on the jewel.

Flasks are another issue. I typically prefer Bubbling or Seething for life flask prefix. You want Alchemist's on Jade Flask for more evasion but Experimenter's is okay. Alchemist's on Stibnite is wasted as I don't think it increases the evasion it gives and also cuts the duration. You want Experimenter's there. Get heat or adrenaline at least on quicksilver flask. Atiziri's Promise only has one useful mod in the Chaos leeched as life but you already have Trickster nodes and ED for that sustain so that is also a bit of a waste. If you want the chaos res, you're better off using a magic amethyst flask and if not aiming for chaos res then getting a sulpher, quartz, or silver flask for general mapping or an aquamarine flask for the Uber Elder fight would be better.

Jewels on tree could be improved. Either with higher life. Unless you fossil craft the jewels, you get more damage from regular jewels otherwise and can get increased DOT, Chaos, Spell damage as well as NACDOT. It would be good to get a Watcher's Eye with NACDOT for Malevolence as a big DPS increase if you have the currency for it.

Jolo, another question for you:

For soulrend dmg, chaos and spell dmg are equals? Or chaos does outperform spell dmg?

Quick question: Would a 8% non-ailment better than 42% increase spell damage as an implicit? Thank you!
"
Brenovisky wrote:
Jolo, another question for you:

For soulrend dmg, chaos and spell dmg are equals? Or chaos does outperform spell dmg?

I believe they should be more or less equal. If you have a source of decay, I don't think the spell damage would benefit the decay damage.

"
Silvragon wrote:
Quick question: Would a 8% non-ailment better than 42% increase spell damage as an implicit? Thank you!

This depends on how much of each you already have. For me, dropping my 12% NACDOT on wands for 42% spell damage is roughly equal. You should plug the numbers in POB to see what it turns out.
So I upgraded my weaponry to these beauties:

Since I am mfing, can anyone tell me what to upgrade next? I thought about getting Diadem (I am still getting EB via my passive tree) and Empower 4:

What do you think?
Last edited by Edeka on Apr 11, 2019, 3:02:53 AM
So after playing this character for nearly a month, and it approaching pretty much its final form, I thought I should share the endbuild / itemization I went for before I roll a different character.
I already posted my build before about 2 weeks ago, and I got alot of whispers and questions about it. A quick reminder for anyone the PoB was this, and the original post was around page 74 I think:
https://pastebin.com/z6aRBMdA

So the items and build I have now, is pretty much endgame, so its more a guideline for those people who really like the character have enough currency to sink into it. My estimation that the total sum of the gear is around 60-80 ex

PoB link: https://pastebin.com/LBgJQgag

The only thing I still want to do is make a talisman out of my amulet after divining it, and double corrupting the chest, just have not seen a corruption chamber for a month.

I have seen people ask why they should go the Perfect form + Atziri's step route.
The way I can illustrate is best is two-fold.
Whenever I pick a build as a leaguestarter I am looking for a couple of things. Can it do most/all of the content. Are the key items for the build easy to acquire? Can it also map T16 at a fast speed and is tanky enough to require low attention.
To my surprise this build and trickster pretty much can do all the things listed above.
Note that the most expensive item in its basic form of this build is the Perfect Form. Which at the start of league went for about 2 ex, and now is around 4-5 ex 6-linked. Which is very little for the kaliber in this build performs.

One of the key strengths of a trickster is its mobility through extra ms and casting speed, plus its massive survivabilty through Escape Artist and Ghost Dance. The best aspect of this build is that it builds on those, and I can literally run any map blind without doublechecking the mods. Also the fact that I did not even bother to slot a Cast when Hit setup but instead went for farming more gems for currency is a big statement how survivable this build is. And it clears most maps between 1-2 minutes.
I hit 97 without putting actual effort into it, and just playing the game. So no pure breachstone or other xp farm shenanigans. The character just barely dies to anything aside from Uber and Cortex encounters, which are mostly reliant on personal skill.

In any case I recommend this spell-dodge setup to anyone. Being able to run 5 aura's around lvl 95 is just an amazing feeling while being up 75% spelldodge, nearly 75% attack dodge and still being able to run with 2 quicksilvers.
I vorici'd my Perfect form in such a way that I can slot empower and greater projectiles in and out if I face bosses or if I am just mapping/delving/nexus.

Any other questions, just throw me a whisper ingame or in the forums. I might be on my inquisitor soon from now, so try me there too if I dont seem to be online.
Cheers.
Last edited by Fluxje on Apr 11, 2019, 11:57:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info