[3.6] ScourgeAgony - The Scourge + Herald of Agony Jugg -::- Fun, Cheap, 3M+ DPS, 5L Uber Elder Down

"
puregeneex wrote:
5 off colors chest is hard. Does anyone know how much damage loss would be by using Physical to Lightning instead of lv3. empower(can't afford lv.4 yet)?

Yah, it took me quite a few jeweller's, that's all part of the game.

Comparing gems is what PoB is for. You import your toon and see the difference between one and the other there.

GL
Has anyone tried this build compared to the scourgeagony?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2277556/page/1
"
orangebread wrote:
Has anyone tried this build compared to the scourgeagony?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2277556/page/1

Don't get me wrong it's a fine build and guide, but IMO bow HoA builds while seemingly convenient, end up lacking.

Why?

Because although bow builds can stack virulence quicker than I can, they aren't optimized for crawler attack/movement speed. HoA is very similar to Cyclone, in the sense that it needs to be speed optimized in order to not feel clunky.

Passing up on granting Frenzy charges to Crawler is a huge loss that you WILL notice both in trash clear speed and boss killing speed as they apply at a significant bonus to minions:

Keep in mind 40 Virulence is not needed for trash packs, just to shoot a lot.

You do need it for T16+ bosses, in which case you need 3 things for max DPS:

1) 40 Virulence/9 Poison
2) Fast Crawler Attack Speed to take advantage of those stacks
3) Tankiness to be able to gain stacks, grant Frenzies and keep the Crawler within Point Blank range

Evidence wise, I've had 2 friends that were doing bow HoA builds switch over to mine and like it a lot more. We've run a few maps for comparison and their Crawler seemed like a mentally challenged version of mine. While mine was clearing the entire screen and shooting non-stop, theirs appeared to only be taking a couple of shots here and there.

This is why you may see comments on reddit that HoA clear speed is bad; this is not the skill's fault, just as is it isn't Cyclone's, you just need to optimize it properly.

Going back to the facetanking thing, I'm also not a big fan of the huge life/shield pool approach. What good is it to have 9k life or 30k shield if you can't facetank Mino? Compare that to my Jugg that while only at 6k+ can comfortably stand in Mino's slam, facetank and take him down in a few seconds:

It could be that that build CAN facetank Mino. But I am always suspicious of builds that don't show T16 Mino and other guardian kills. From experience it's usually because they have to run around a lot to stay alive.

Uber Elder video evidence is fine, but as we've seen, even a lvl 36 can do it, if you just never get hit:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/370031280

Now show me that lvl 36 kill Mino deathless in that tiny doughnut arena and I'll be really impressed! Anyway, point is that one of the best build testbeds is T16 Corrupted Mino, so compare any other HoA Mino kill video you can find to mine and you'll get an idea of what I mean.

And to close this rant, anyone is welcome to hit me up in game to run a map together, so you can judge my HoA for yourselves.

GL!
I really appreciate the detail of your response. From what I've seen on your demo runs and over all build -- it does seem superior; you are right about my crawler being handicapped.

Am in the middle of switching right now. Thanks again bruh
"
orangebread wrote:
I really appreciate the detail of your response. From what I've seen on your demo runs and over all build -- it does seem superior; you are right about my crawler being handicapped.

Am in the middle of switching right now. Thanks again bruh

Sure thing!

Please, do let me know your thoughts after the switch. After all, I am slightly biased ;)

One last... Looking over that build's tree, not sure why it doesn't take advantage of Elemental Equilibrium, when it can easily apply some elemental damage opposing the crawler elemental damage to proc it.
Quick 3.6 Weapon/Ring Update!

Friend of mine pointed out a nice claw could be crafted with a single "Bound" fossil:

Total cost: 1vaal (claw), 1c fossil, 4c minion atk spd craft

It's a bit more DPS than Scourge:

Ideally you wanna get an "attack speed" roll on it for faster whirling/Molten Strike.

Also, can get Shock on ring for 20% more dmg:

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Mar 26, 2019, 12:28:10 AM
Quick 3.6 HoA gem update

Been testing GMP instead of Faster Attacks for trash:

It works pretty well, though you really need a lot of density for it to make a big diff, since the spread gets pretty big at long range. Also, only 4 projectiles will Pierce, unless the mob happens to also be affected by the CWDT+Proj Weakness.

Either one works, as we've seen faster attacks on 73% extra life T16 trash is pretty decent, but it is nice to have 9 projectiles and it does look pretty cool ;)

Anyway, just something else to play around with...

GL
Last edited by corosou on Mar 27, 2019, 10:53:47 PM
great build, tried it out and its doing nicely. i dont understand your helmet fossil craft, why -9 chaos res? how are you making the minion deal chaos damage?
and why not craft with bound fossils for minion modifiers?
"
Swagalina wrote:
great build, tried it out and its doing nicely. i dont understand your helmet fossil craft, why -9 chaos res? how are you making the minion deal chaos damage?
and why not craft with bound fossils for minion modifiers?

Thanks )

1) HoA has a "Chaos" tag and the Crawler has implicit 40% Chaos dmg conversion. This isn't mentioned on the Skill itself; yet another example of GGG no displaying all relevant information to players.

You can find this being mentioned in ZyggyD's original 3.4 video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ax1_cOgcjM

And in PoB GitHub it's answered by OpenARL:
https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/issues/1241

You can see in the PoB Calcs page what portion of dmg is Chaos:

2) Already answered and I said to use bound only on Elder bases:

Bone Helmet Crafting Fossils:
Pristine, Frigid, Aberrant, Bound (If using Elder base for +Minion dmg ilvl 68+, 75+ or 83+)

GL
3.6 Herald of Agony Wiki Page Update

The Herald of Agony wiki page was severely lacking in basic information.

This is literally all it said:

I figured since I've done a bunch of research anyway, might as well populate it with the little I know to help out the HoA community:

Hope it helps...

GL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info