[3.9] Holy Totem Chieftain * Cheap & Strong League Starter with new holy spells! All content!

"
Mecielle wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:

No I plan to run HoP... imo it is very strong because the totems proc the sentinenels what is great for survivability and dps.

Since when do Totems proc the Summons? Did they change that and I overlooked it? Last I checked it definitely does not work for totems.

With my RAT ele hit chieftain it worked.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Sorry I was assuming HoA meant Herald of Agony as it has been more popular recently, was double and triple reading its description trying to figure out how it was a no brainer lol. Herald of Ash makes total sense.

For you PoB guys, would a Str stacking Shaper's touch/Geofri's sanc/Doon Cuebiyari/Iron will ES/CI/Ghost reaver scale DPS wise for end game? It should be able to get to 12k es pretty easily, 15k + with better gear.
Last edited by NSUCK on Mar 7, 2019, 4:46:12 PM
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:

No I plan to run HoP... imo it is very strong because the totems proc the sentinenels what is great for survivability and dps.

Since when do Totems proc the Summons? Did they change that and I overlooked it? Last I checked it definitely does not work for totems.

With my RAT ele hit chieftain it worked.

Are you sure? Because I am ingame right now and it sure doesn't work for either RAT ele hit totems or flame totems. Also, every single source I find says it does not work with totems. And of course, the wording on all the Heralds is very clear, they proc only when YOU hit or kill.

But even if it worked, which it doesn't, would you give up 15% phys as extra fire and 12% MORE spell fire damage for some minions?
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 7, 2019, 5:00:19 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
NSUCK wrote:
How is HoA a no brainer? New to totem builds... Also, has anyone taken OPs POB and specified it to flame totem (OP is keeping his build open to test out the other phys spells)?

thanks

HoA gives us the same or even more than the 50% auras. 15% phys as extra fire and 12% more spell fire damage.

I made a PoB, all that is left to do is edit it to your plans. I will go for the Martyr of Innocence staff, so if you want to go wands/sceptres, take out the staff nodes in the top-left of the tree and put in example items.

Also need to put in Holy Flame Totem as soon as it is added to PoB, so we can actually see all the damage from that nice phys to fire scaling thats going on.

My links for Holy Flame Totem:

Holy Flame Totem, Combustion, Immolate, Added Fire, Controlled Destruction and Multiple Totems.

Anybody got a better idea?

Here is the PoB up to now, still subject to change of course:

https://pastebin.com/wKZFPb4w

Why Controlled Destruction in a crit build? Why not Fire Pen?
"
Thraesh wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
NSUCK wrote:
How is HoA a no brainer? New to totem builds... Also, has anyone taken OPs POB and specified it to flame totem (OP is keeping his build open to test out the other phys spells)?

thanks

HoA gives us the same or even more than the 50% auras. 15% phys as extra fire and 12% more spell fire damage.

I made a PoB, all that is left to do is edit it to your plans. I will go for the Martyr of Innocence staff, so if you want to go wands/sceptres, take out the staff nodes in the top-left of the tree and put in example items.

Also need to put in Holy Flame Totem as soon as it is added to PoB, so we can actually see all the damage from that nice phys to fire scaling thats going on.

My links for Holy Flame Totem:

Holy Flame Totem, Combustion, Immolate, Added Fire, Controlled Destruction and Multiple Totems.

Anybody got a better idea?

Here is the PoB up to now, still subject to change of course:

https://pastebin.com/wKZFPb4w

Why Controlled Destruction in a crit build? Why not Fire Pen?

Because Fire Pen is ~9% total DPS lower for normal mobs and 2% lower for Shaper. Also, why not Controlled Destruction for a crit build lol? It is a staple in crit builds since forever. It takes like 5% effective crit chance away for 44% more spell damage. That is never a bad trade.
"
oui000 wrote:
"
PaRadoX125 wrote:
Elemental Focus

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think Elemental Focus is compatible with the Tawhoa ascendancy point,
we need to ignite the mobs (ailment) so they take burning damage (dot) :

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning

I have no intention of taking Tawhoa, Forest's Strength. It's much safer to go for the totem nodes in the Chieftan Ascendency. It's also greater QoL since you gain the placement speed for those nodes as well. Having totems taunt is much safer and being able to run reflect maps while having your totems be tankier is much more desirable in the long run.

"
Mecielle wrote:
Because Fire Pen is ~9% total DPS lower for normal mobs and 2% lower for Shaper. Also, why not Controlled Destruction for a crit build lol? It is a staple in crit builds since forever. It takes like 5% effective crit chance away for 44% more spell damage. That is never a bad trade.

I feel like it isn't worth it to lose that crit when you could use the Infused Channeling support for a 5% loss.
Last edited by PaRadoX125 on Mar 7, 2019, 5:58:15 PM
infused channeling can't be used on totems, says right at the very top of the gem
Not true. It says that totems cannot gained the "Infusion" buff. Totems will still gain the 39% more spell damage from the gem.
Last edited by PaRadoX125 on Mar 7, 2019, 6:13:29 PM
"
PaRadoX125 wrote:
"
oui000 wrote:
"
PaRadoX125 wrote:
Elemental Focus

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think Elemental Focus is compatible with the Tawhoa ascendancy point,
we need to ignite the mobs (ailment) so they take burning damage (dot) :

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning

I have no intention of taking Tawhoa, Forest's Strength. It's much safer to go for the totem nodes in the Chieftan Ascendency. It's also greater QoL since you gain the placement speed for those nodes as well. Having totems taunt is much safer and being able to run reflect maps while having your totems be tankier is much more desirable in the long run.

Went the opposite way last league. Used the taunt in the beginning, noticed it is absolutely not needed and skilled into the other two. And I mean not needed at all, not even for very deep Delves and Uber Elder. Overall I felt safer with the 10% phys as fire, the huge amount of regen and the free ECs for very long IC.
"
Mecielle wrote:

Have you factored in it will be 100% conversion on the totems? Also for that same reason, why added fire and not something like power charge on crit or faster casting as with the totems getting consecrated ground crit will be huge for them.

I'm not trying to deter the choices I'm only asking as I want to know why those choices is all to maybe help my own decisions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info