[3.9] Holy Totem Chieftain * Cheap & Strong League Starter with new holy spells! All content!

Yeah Infused Channeling looks like it'll be a good replacement for Controlled Destruction. You lose 5% more damage but you get a bunch of effective crit chance back. I figure running: Holy Flame Totem - Multiple Totems - Elemental Focus - Fire Pen - Increased Critical Strikes - Infused Channeling will be what I run.

Also as a note for those wondering what kind of damage we'll have. I've currently got my PoB setup with the old gem and getting 80k dps per totem. So I'll have 4 totems (5 if I'm lucky with a shaper shield) which means I'm at 320k shaper dps. So this is looking really strong.

As a side note I wish the new gems where in PoB cause I want to figure out whether Zealotry would out perform Anger for this build.
"
Splifus wrote:
SSF viable? doesn't seem to require any specific unique, I would give this a try when the league start.

Yeah you don't need any unique.

"
Regards wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Regards wrote:
Obviously things are still up in the air, but how are we feeling about Infused Channeling support gem? Seems like it could be strong with the totems.

Does not work with Totems.

Infusion doesn't work with the totems, but the damage on the gem still does.

I don't think the gem is worth it without infusion.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Hello,

What do you think about using martyr of innocence and take serpent stance node ?
So the 6 link could be on weapon and you could go for Kaom's Heart.
Also I would like to point out that Elemental Overload doesnt work with totems, so crit in my mind is pretty much mandatory.

In another topic, what do you think in going dual wield wands since this is a league starter character you want to progress and farm fast. Wands have the stat "increased projectile speed" that if it works like the previous interaction of flame totems will increment significantly the clear speed of the build.

I made my own tree if you can check it out and give me your opinions, I don't use much critical chance in the tree since the passive of holy flame totem should help a lot, I want to use the curse immunity from them but the soul mantle doesn't look good for me (increased mana, maybe going BM?)

https://pastebin.com/yT6phJ6N

Edit: After writing this the idea of a BM DW Crit Soul Mantle Chieftain, started making a lot of sense to me to use all the tools the totems give us (maybe we can drop, multiple totems for higher damage since without it we got 3 totems).

Essence worm and Self Flagellation is going to sky rocket our damage.

Edit 2: So you can use EO but only with OoS, somehow I forgot that you can crit with other skills but can´t do damage with them so it counts for EO. thx to the post bellow for clarifying it.
Last edited by Nonaco on Mar 7, 2019, 2:57:08 PM
"
Olystar wrote:
Hello,

What do you think about using martyr of innocence and take serpent stance node ?
So the 6 link could be on weapon and you could go for Kaom's Heart.

Definitely my (half-)endgame plan. It should beat dual wielding everything but very high tier wands/sceptres for this, and as you mentioned, lets us use Kaoms Heart.

Maybe if I decide to stick with the build for longer I will switch to using 2 wands/sceptres with fire to spells, spell crit, spell/fire damage and maybe a nice shaper mod. But that would be a huge investment for low gains.

"
Nonaco wrote:
Also I would like to point out that Elemental Overload doesnt work with totems, so crit in my mind is pretty much mandatory.

Of course EO works for this build, you obviously just have to proc it yourself with Orb of Storms or whatever you want to use. You can still crit, even with Ancestral Bond.

EO has always been an alternative to crit for totem builds.

To OP:

I guess HoP is only there for comparison purposes in the PoB? As we only get a little part of what it usually does, the flat phys to spells. Not worth it imho, even more so because we can not run a 50% aura plus two Heralds if we want to 6-link our totem. Even with an Enlighten 4 it wont work.

HoA on the other hand is a no-brainer, it is absolutely huge for "Holy Flame Totem".

But the main point of contention is: With the for non-cold skills nerfed Hatred and the buffed Anger, I am pretty sure Anger will give us more damage. At least without the crit Watchers Eye for Hatred.

Another thought that might be overlooked a bit, hits against enemies around our totems will have 100% increased critical strike chance. So even without Point Blank, use the Ele Hit Totem way of placing your totems near the enemy :D

Also, get the 15% Totem Placement node on the way to Ancestral Bond. It makes placing the totems 10% faster. I am even thinking about going for Totemic Zeal because the slow totem placement of Chieftain is really annoying when compared to Hiero.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 7, 2019, 3:54:32 PM
How is HoA a no brainer? New to totem builds... Also, has anyone taken OPs POB and specified it to flame totem (OP is keeping his build open to test out the other phys spells)?

thanks
"
Mecielle wrote:

To OP:

I guess HoP is only there for comparison purposes in the PoB? As we only get a little part of what it usually does, the flat phys to spells. Not worth it imho, even more so because we can not run a 50% aura plus two Heralds if we want to 6-link our totem. Even with an Enlighten 4 it wont work.

HoA on the other hand is a no-brainer, it is absolutely huge for "Holy Flame Totem".

But the main point of contention is: With the for non-cold skills nerfed Hatred and the buffed Anger, I am pretty sure Anger will give us more damage. At least without the crit Watchers Eye for Hatred.

Another thought that might be overlooked a bit, hits against enemies around our totems will have 100% increased critical strike chance. So even without Point Blank, use the Ele Hit Totem way of placing your totems near the enemy :D

Also, get the 15% Totem Placement node on the way to Ancestral Bond. It makes placing the totems 10% faster. I am even thinking about going for Totemic Zeal because the slow totem placement of Chieftain is really annoying when compared to Hiero.

No I plan to run HoP... imo it is very strong because the totems proc the sentinenels what is great for survivability and dps.

Placement speed hm... yeah I guess we gonna see maybe we need to invest a bit into that. Point Blank would be great but not sure how to get it without crazy investment.

"
NSUCK wrote:
How is HoA a no brainer? New to totem builds... Also, has anyone taken OPs POB and specified it to flame totem (OP is keeping his build open to test out the other phys spells)?

thanks

I plan to run other holy spells too but It is pretty much optimized for Holy FLame Totem but as soon as the skill 3.6 are integrated into PoB I will make a new optimized PoB file and check all possiblities.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
NSUCK wrote:

thanks

HoA gives us the same or even more than the 50% auras. 15% phys as extra fire and 12% more spell fire damage.

I made a PoB, all that is left to do is edit it to your plans. I will go for the Martyr of Innocence staff, so if you want to go wands/sceptres, take out the staff nodes in the top-left of the tree and put in example items.

Also need to put in Holy Flame Totem as soon as it is added to PoB, so we can actually see all the damage from that nice phys to fire scaling thats going on.

My links for Holy Flame Totem:

Holy Flame Totem, Combustion, Immolate, Added Fire, Controlled Destruction and Multiple Totems.

Anybody got a better idea?

Here is the PoB up to now, still subject to change of course:

https://pastebin.com/wKZFPb4w
"
PaRadoX125 wrote:
Elemental Focus

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think Elemental Focus is compatible with the Tawhoa ascendancy point,
we need to ignite the mobs (ailment) so they take burning damage (dot) :

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning

"
bashtart wrote:

No I plan to run HoP... imo it is very strong because the totems proc the sentinenels what is great for survivability and dps.

Since when do Totems proc the Summons? Did they change that and I overlooked it? Last I checked it definitely does not work for totems.

Also, did not say to get Point Blank, that would be impossible, I said to do the same as if you have Point Blank, and place the totems close to the enemies for the added crit from consecrated ground.

"
oui000 wrote:
"
PaRadoX125 wrote:
Elemental Focus

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think Elemental Focus is compatible with the Tawhoa ascendancy point,
we need to ignite the mobs (ailment) so they take burning damage (dot) :

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning

Yea, no Ele Focus for us :D Immolate and Combustion are the way to go. I posted my proposed 6-link above your comment, but not 100% sure about all of them yet, Faster Casting might be better than Immolate. At least for clearing.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 7, 2019, 4:28:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info