[3.6] Winter Orb CWC Ice Spears. 8.6k hp ,slayer leech, 9.8-10.7 mil dps ,Depth 749, easy Uber Elder

I'd also be interested in seeing suggestions for how to start this and transition towards the "real" build in a new league.
"
CallOfTheVoid wrote:
I'd also be interested in seeing suggestions for how to start this and transition towards the "real" build in a new league.

I'm thinking about trying this for my league starter next league. Most of the tree could be pretty easily setup for an early Storm Brand build, then transitioned into the CWC Winter Orb setup later. They both share a very similar skill pathing.
I am kinda new, so I would also be interested in a league starter version of this (assuming it works as a league starter). :)
Looks a fun build. one question: WM+projectile weakness, dual curse but didn't see where the +1 curse comes from.
"
wxn7465 wrote:
Looks a fun build. one question: WM+projectile weakness, dual curse but didn't see where the +1 curse comes from.

I am currently using a setup that doesn't require warlord mark by getting leech on rings via fossil crafting!
http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg
Last edited by TheVengefulOne on Mar 4, 2019, 7:32:48 AM
Wouldnt be more convient to craft flat lighting/cold instead of focus for shocks(I know its less damage but way more convient to play) and drop 18% flat damage on ring for +1 minimum frenzy charge becouse not always you will have them on bosses up from blood frenzy? As I said for more convient play then damage buff
Is this a build that will struggle with leech changes?

Or, is the leech a bit of a luxury and it's just fine, possibly with a different Ascendancy node choice?

Thoughts?
"
CallOfTheVoid wrote:
Is this a build that will struggle with leech changes?

Or, is the leech a bit of a luxury and it's just fine, possibly with a different Ascendancy node choice?

Thoughts?

I wanted to start this in the new league.

WO = Nerf
Scion Slayer = Nerf

I am not worried about WO. The nerf will come BUT it will be countered by the new nodes they are adding into the witch and templar area.

They are adding more ele damage nodes, MORE staff nodes that increase AoE and they are adding two clusters of channeling nodes that apparently add DPS and Survival.

With all the above changes as well as the new synthesis items I am sure WO CWC Ice Spear will be fine.

The problem is the Slayer leech nerf.

I am not sure what the exact impact is but I assume a single hit can leech for 5 seconds on top of that we are down to 5% of the initial hit instead of 20% (I think it is 20%).

So that means that packs we should still be okay if we are moving between packs at a decent speed. This build is also tanky without stupid leech but I think bossing will be a problem with overleech.

Anyone else have any idea as I really want to play this next league?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think most builds operate fine without slayer leech and this build will be no different. It certainly has enough dps to murder everything around us quickly! When I was still using warlord's mark for leech I did quite a few no leech guardian maps and it was alright as long as I vaporize the bosses

It might however be better to drop a vitality( inc life recovery ) watcher's eye for a life gain on hit(+ 30 life gained on hit) one with the clarity mod (They also mentioned lowering the mana cost of channeling skills so not sure if we still need this).
We do hit a lot every second(about 34 projectiles a second? which will result in 1k hp gained / second on top of our vaal pact/leech and 1500 with soul of arakaali) but I am not sure if all winter orb projectiles will overlap without some investment in AoE nodes ... but then again they are also tweaking AoE numbers so there are a lot of unknown factors at this point in time. Shaped opals will be more accessible next league too with the new zana mod so that's potentially double the life gain on hit if we get 15 life gained on hit with spells on each ring

The winter orb nerf shouldn't affect this build too much too since it is only used for clearing and if the mana cost of the skill goes down enough for us to have room to slot in another dps mod on our rings or free up the need to use a clarity watcher's eye it can in fact be seem as a buff >.> We will see tmr
http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg
Last edited by TheVengefulOne on Mar 5, 2019, 6:28:47 AM
"
I think most builds operate fine without slayer leech and this build will be no different. It certainly has enough dps to murder everything around us quickly! When I was still using warlord's mark for leech I did quite a few no leech guardian maps and it was alright as long as I vaporize the bosses

It might however be better to drop a vitality( inc life recovery ) watcher's eye for a life gain on hit(+ 30 life gained on hit) one with the clarity mod (They also mentioned lowering the mana cost of channeling skills so not sure if we still need this).
We do hit a lot every second(about 34 projectiles a second? which will result in 1k hp gained / second on top of our vaal pact/leech and 1500 with soul of arakaali) but I am not sure if all winter orb projectiles will overlap without some investment in AoE nodes ... but then again they are also tweaking AoE numbers so there are a lot of unknown factors at this point in time. Shaped opals will be more accessible next league too with the new zana mod so that's potentially double the life gain on hit if we get 15 life gained on hit with spells on each ring

The winter orb nerf shouldn't affect this build too much too since it is only used for clearing and if the mana cost of the skill goes down enough for us to have room to slot in another dps mod on our rings or free up the need to use a clarity watcher's eye it can in fact be seem as a buff >.> We will see tmr

yeah tomorrow will be a day full of theorycrafting. We can meet back here to share our thoughts.

WO itself wont be too bad with the new nodes and remember staves are getting inc aoe nodes added which is great.

Maybe the Ascendancy may be tweaked i.e. Templar + Witch.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info