Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
Außenseiter wrote:
I dunno why people are so up in arms against syndicate going core.
It's literally bestiary with dudes instead of beasts. Literally boss enemy or two spawns in the middle of the mission and you beat them for extra crafting recipes and rewards.
It's the same thing.
What's the problem?

probably because of the intervention part that you can't escape until either you or they are dead
Last edited by dachoppa on Feb 22, 2019, 9:42:38 PM
So let me get this straight...

We now have a 100% chance to roll a syndicate insta gank should they appear on a map while you haven't addressed a SINGLE issue that made betrayal a hot mess.

*MM fight not worth rewards

*MM fight still screws your syndicate setup

*Syndicate do not scale properly on maps at all and out rank map bosses in terms of power.

*Still more worthwhile to farm syndicate at harbor bridge levels than maps because of lackluster rewards and intel farming. See also scaling.

*Syndicate items can create insane encounters due to scaling. See any member with the insta shock item with how shock's damage multiplier works. On top of OP mobs (cougharchrscough)

But you can make sure we see 3 of this crap league a map, but you still can't get us 3 sulphite nodes with niko?

Seriously GGG Screw you and the choice to make this core.

#moardelveplz

Last edited by Dragonkat42 on Feb 22, 2019, 10:32:36 PM
"
Dragonkat42 wrote:

We now have a 100% chance to roll a syndicate insta gank should they appear on a map while you haven't addressed a SINGLE issue that made betrayal a hot mess.

*Syndicate do not scale properly on maps at all and out rank map bosses in terms of power.

*Still more worthwhile to farm syndicate at harbor bridge levels than maps because of lackluster rewards and intel farming. See also scaling.

*Syndicate items can create insane encounters due to scaling. See any member with the insta shock item with how shock's damage multiplier works. On top of OP mobs (cougharchrscough)

But you can make sure we see 3 of this crap league a map, but you still can't get us 3 sulphite nodes with niko?

#moardelveplz

GGG screwed itself with delve mechanic. It would fit right at home in regular single player/co-op game, but if you just let people delve freely in f2p, they will simply ignore the rest of it, and it will severely hurt their business model.
Therefore more gating, less sulphite and less delve for you.
Last edited by Außenseiter on Feb 22, 2019, 10:55:06 PM
Would have preferred the confusing and clunky betrayal system to NOT be core.

I love the voice acting/lore additions, but this is one league mechanic I would have been happy to not be a mandatory experience (for optimal rewards) in the game going forward.

Put betrayal rewards elsewhere.
Last edited by Nicksiren on Feb 22, 2019, 11:18:05 PM
"
Dragonkat42 wrote:

#moardelveplz

As much as I enjoyed this league (I really did), even after nerfs syndicate is just too rippy. T14 Rank 1 and 2 members with no items are harder than T15 bosses. And much less predictable, visible, and more spike damage. Leveling to 97 in maps and delve I just didn't enter research. Not sure I could level to 97 with these changes.

I guess just interrogate everyone so so they stay low rank? Which also removes weapons. Dunno, rippy maps intervention can still be absurd.

And yes, mastermind encounter is still a bad idea to do.

GGG is doing good things, please re-evaluate syndicate as a core mechanic.
"
Dragonkat42 wrote:

#moardelveplz

I agree with almost everything in this post.

Also it's not about syndicate being too difficult, it's that going through those dangerous syndicates in 8 mods t16 elder map is as unrewarding as going through harbor bridge a single time in terms of reward.

This is simply brain-dead bad design with no merit, no way to defend it.

If ggg couldn't come up a way to make Syndicate mores rewarding in end game contents, don't put in then. You risk 10% of xp for nothing , while bridge farming can do everything with 100 times the speed and 0 risk.

How about grant 3 times more progression points in red map, twice in yellow maps? It's still pretty bad , but at least it's something.

Also remove useless / even harmful options like "remove all rival on the board" already. There's nothing worse than deleting all your hard work because of a single misclick/ misjudgement.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Feb 23, 2019, 10:02:28 AM
This is disappointing. Betrayal is the first league that I've disliked completely. It's just too hard to fight the syndicate members.
I don't wish this at all, not even on my worst enemy.

The syndicate is fun only because I figured it was temporary, but we should be able to do a mission at the start of the game to disable it, and another mission to enable it, etc, because it's truly a pain.
OK
☣ 𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖆 𝖌𝖎𝖋𝖙 ☣

«𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖈𝖗𝖚𝖊𝖑 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖆𝖋𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖜 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖋 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙» — Diablo II LoD Manual
Last edited by Berserk_AMG on Feb 23, 2019, 3:55:34 AM
i'm waiting to see this happen.
ggg makes delveing easily accesible and reduces rewards.
fuck delve, it doesnt drop anything worth the time now - playerbase

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info