[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

If MOM is 30% of your health and your rocking 2,1k ES wouldn't be better to maybe swap things around like Area of Effect and Increased Area of Damage be better for your amulet compared to the 20% ES?
Last edited by mrwiggiiles on Jan 1, 2020, 1:07:28 AM
Yeah I mentioned already that some of that ES doesn't help against one shots. The amulet is corrupted (it being a rare talisman of course) so I can't change the crafted modifier... Last time I got the jorgin t2 bench I wanted, my upgrade bricked into this garbage:

Trading away 8% max life for a tiny AoE craft on a non-talisman rare would not be a good move.

It's not like extra ES is completely pointless. Life is recovered at a significantly faster rate than ES after a hit, especially due to instant life flasks and energy shield recharge delay. The residual ES left over will certainly be put to use often from smaller hits that arrive later. Even for boss fights like Sirus, there aren't many slams (Meteor if you fail the maze is one I guess?) and most bursts of damage can be potted in between (bursts of his beam).
Last edited by Aerobus on Jan 1, 2020, 7:59:05 AM
Why not taking a Ice golem instead of the lightning one, as we're a crit build and lightning golem's just giving us attack and cast speed which are only useful for placing our brand storm and whirling blade. Isn't ice golem better ?
Had a lot of fun with this build, but finally made it into the low tier red maps and have to say I have hit a bit of a wall as well. Hit 89 some time yesterday and I am still basically at 0% experience because I've been dying too much now. Have been trying a lot of gear and skill gem variations after looking at what people have been posting in this thread the past week but it seems I would need to farm a lot of currency to make any kind of a meaningful gear upgrade at this point.
"
CosmoOx wrote:
Why not taking a Ice golem instead of the lightning one, as we're a crit build and lightning golem's just giving us attack and cast speed which are only useful for placing our brand storm and whirling blade. Isn't ice golem better ?

Because castspeed affects brands and you should have enough crit anyway.
Purity of flesh seems to be easy chaos res/hp in the passive tree if got nowhere else to put
"
Sticklit wrote:
Does this build only use 5 brands, or am I missing something?

It does use 5 but from my clicking in PoB you'll lose a lot of DPS switching to Hierophant

"
MucchoBalls wrote:
Purity of flesh seems to be easy chaos res/hp in the passive tree if got nowhere else to put

Agreed
How is the single target on metamorphs?
"

4L Lightning Spire Trap feels mandatory for the build this league due to it being a boss league. Preloading Lightning Traps on Metas/Bosses and popping Vaal RF makes full goo metas pop pretty quick.

This build is glass cannon so we have to max DPS to live and engage our other mechanics in the build like ES Leech and Lighting Dmg as Health Leech.

Long story short...single target feels great (so far up to T12) with 4L Lightning Spire + Vaal RF + Saving Flasks for Metas/Bosses
"
SockFight wrote:
"

4L Lightning Spire Trap feels mandatory for the build this league due to it being a boss league. Preloading Lightning Traps on Metas/Bosses and popping Vaal RF makes full goo metas pop pretty quick.

This build is glass cannon so we have to max DPS to live and engage our other mechanics in the build like ES Leech and Lighting Dmg as Health Leech.

Long story short...single target feels great (so far up to T12) with 4L Lightning Spire + Vaal RF + Saving Flasks for Metas/Bosses

Are lightning spire traps still good in the end game? Like they scale back to normal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info