[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

With x2 Lifespigs and Tabula all 6L dmg gems with Runebinder learned, at level ~20 i feel sooo weak, i deal twice as much dmg with a freezing pulse 0links.
What the hell :D

I used storm brand to level up last league and it was way more useful. Now i'm not sure if it ever will be as good as any other skills dps wise on higher levels, especially hearing about bad results from the previous poster >_<
For me the build was a lot more difficult to level (largely due to increased rare mob hp), but once i got into maps and unlocked the 3 ascendancies it became easy again. Currently on an investment of about 30c (6-link, res+life gear) and easily pushing yellow maps damage wise. Struggling a little with life leech though.
I played the elementalist version back in 3.5 and it was pretty awesome. I'm trying this version now.
Some things I wanted to mention - it's actually faster to level with armageddon brand when you get it at level 28 - then you can switch back to storm brand around maps.
Also - as for getting brand recall as low as possible you can grab this thing

I managed to get the best possible corruption here but even without it I think it's pretty good - with empower inside the level of brand recall is level 14 I believe. Possibly higher if you get a higher level corrupted brand recall.
Might be worth it looking for some cheap talisman as well - they can have some really nice combinations.
THat's the one I used before
and I only paid 3c for it.
I'm enjoying the build thus far, and didn't have any of the issues with leveling that other people are reporting.. Then again, this is the first time using a brand skill so I don't have a previous season to compare it to.

That being said, I'm doing just fine through yellow maps... Found this from a random legion drop. Wondering if it's worth using over my Choir of the storms for the potential permanent leech(?) Would this work?

I am guessing that the loss of damage from my amulet would (long term) keep me from pushing into Elder/Shaper/etc.. I was hoping to kill them for the first time this League using this build. :)

EDIT: POB seems to show that I lose about 2500dps only, so it might be worth swapping until I find a better one.. I feel like the leech is a good way to go now that Warlords Mark doesn't work.
Last edited by Rigapples on Jun 12, 2019, 2:34:58 PM
Why don't you just get Vessel of Vinktar and Atziri's Promise? You can get both for around 2-3c and it gives you tons of leech.

As for damage - you can try what I'm doing. I'm dropping acro and all the nodes leading up to it and I'm taking the minion damage nodes instead. Gonna make you more rippy but if you know what you are doing you should be totally fine. Especially with mom.

I do have a single conundrum - Atziri. This is probably my favourite fight to farm. I always do a ton of them and I always get filthy rich off of mortals or doryani's (well okay - this league doryani's is pretty much given out for free on poe.trade so that one is out but still...) and then the uber stuff. Can I do it without ele reflect tho? I think it's possible - if you are careful with brands and when she goes into reflect stage you can just recall the brand as far away from the mirror as possible and then plant two brands on a viable clone - it shouldn't have enough range to instagib yourself. Shouldn't. I'm gonna have to try it today soon as I reach level 68-70.
Last edited by werchiel on Jun 13, 2019, 5:08:55 AM
"
werchiel wrote:
Why don't you just get Vessel of Vinktar and Atziri's Promise? You can get both for around 2-3c and it gives you tons of leech.

As for damage - you can try what I'm doing. I'm dropping acro and all the nodes leading up to it and I'm taking the minion damage nodes instead. Gonna make you more rippy but if you know what you are doing you should be totally fine. Especially with mom.

I do have a single conundrum - Atziri. This is probably my favourite fight to farm. I always do a ton of them and I always get filthy rich off of mortals or doryani's (well okay - this league doryani's is pretty much given out for free on poe.trade so that one is out but still...) and then the uber stuff. Can I do it without ele reflect tho? I think it's possible - if you are careful with brands and when she goes into reflect stage you can just recall the brand as far away from the mirror as possible and then plant two brands on a viable clone - it shouldn't have enough range to instagib yourself. Shouldn't. I'm gonna have to try it today soon as I reach level 68-70.

I'm walking through T9 maps with no issues whatsoever.. I have Atziri's promise but the leech seems pretty lackluster most of the time. I don't seem to have an issue with damage, but I wonder if I start having issues with red maps.. Should reach them this weekeend with my schedule and sort it out. At that point I'll either do something like you suggest with the minion damage/Spiritual keystone and/or maybe go down to the life wheel and grab the Brand nodes on the way.. I'm in the low 90s now and the build feels just fine.. and I still need to optimize my gear significantly and haven't picked up a Loreweave yet. Great starter build this season :)
If Loreweave seems a bit expensive atm, i can recommend picking up an Inpulsa's and 4 link it, they're around 20c atm :)
Last edited by Aeqz on Jun 14, 2019, 1:10:57 PM
Added Deathless Uber Elder Gear Snapshot.

Some modifications/additions to the guide. Mention of Chain Support for clearing. Mention of Temple/Deleve Lightning Leech mod. Mention of Orb of Storms with Mana Leech for utility.

"
i am about to start with storm brand , only thing i am wondering is if i should go elementalist or hierophant just for the leech node since warlords doesnt work any more

would like to hear any suggestions

thx

ps i prefer inquisitor only wondering about leech
I would still start inquis personally but Elementalist and Hiero are also great choices for storm brand and are briefly mentioned in the guide.

"
Still viable after nerf? Returning to the game after skipping last league, looking for a good starter.
Yes.

"
how leech life after nerf Warlord's Mark???
Added section for Lightning Leech delve/temple mod.

"
Playing this build as Starter.

Currently lvl 53, starting act 8, i feel like i need much more damage and im really squizzy, specially against powerful monsters.

All resists 75+

Love Storm Brand so i will start mapping with it, but in the past league i used Elementalist Storm Brand and i was feel much more comfortable at this point.

Very very good and deep guide, thx man for the work.
Great to hear you are having success.

"
With x2 Lifespigs and Tabula all 6L dmg gems with Runebinder learned, at level ~20 i feel sooo weak, i deal twice as much dmg with a freezing pulse 0links.
What the hell :D

I used storm brand to level up last league and it was way more useful. Now i'm not sure if it ever will be as good as any other skills dps wise on higher levels, especially hearing about bad results from the previous poster >_<
"
For me the build was a lot more difficult to level (largely due to increased rare mob hp), but once i got into maps and unlocked the 3 ascendancies it became easy again. Currently on an investment of about 30c (6-link, res+life gear) and easily pushing yellow maps damage wise. Struggling a little with life leech though.
Try Chain Support.

Any thoughts on Mind Over Matter having the three nodes behind it removed? It appears to be a 50% drop in bonus mana from the tree without those nodes (currently on a level 75 character). Is MoM still feasible?
Not sure if it is mentioned but what about the leech enchant then?

This one is from merc lab and it is exceptional. Also good for sustaining MoM in a sticky situation. I use this one pretty much whenever I can so I didn't think to mention it earlier.

PS.
Don't look at those boots - the only reason I have them is because of the enchant.
Last edited by werchiel on Jun 15, 2019, 5:53:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info