[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

"
Tried this as a ssf league starter. feels so shit compared to literally anything else.

You clearly have a lot of experience, so i am wondering if you are just not making full use of Brand Recall. Once you have full brands down, you can WB into the next pack, drop BR, and the pack will explode, WB to the next pack and repeat. If you have packs close together, you can get 4-5 packs with one set of brands (even 6-7...)

On the other hand, the passive leveling sequence is not designed for max EHP early. If you don't move enough, you will die. And you have to pay attention to brand expiration. If you go a pack too far, find the brands are gone, and don't get out quickly enough, you will die.

It's a different play style than my toons from Betrayal (which was my first PoE) but I have enjoyed figuring out how to play it.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Mar 14, 2019, 7:50:00 PM
"
thi3n wrote:

Act 9 - Target Tree

Act 10 - Target Tree

The Act 9 Target Tree paths into the Shaman's Dominion cluster. That cluster is missing in the Act 10 Target Tree, which instead has MoM cluster plus the Quick Recovery cluster right underneath.

Thanks for the guide. It's helped me jump back into the game after an extended absence.
2 divinarius are ok while i farm currency to get good weaps?
Is there also a mf version of this build?
If yes, what do I need to change gear wise or skill tree wise?
Why in god's name wouldn't you use flame dash accompanied with the inquisitor cons. ground mechanics that procs for 4 seconds everytime you flame dash? Especially in this league?

Augury of penitence is absolutely useless for the Storm Brand playstyle because of "nearby" requirement. Seems to me like Augury & IoV are absolutely useless compared to going Pious Path.
Last edited by Zykor on Mar 15, 2019, 7:09:36 AM
"
kavinsky30 wrote:

Divinarius is more DPS than I have atm and I'm not having any trouble with tier 4 maps. Need 2 more trials for uber Izaro, but Merciless was no problem at 66 with my gimpy paring knives.

:-)
"
Just my .02 leveling with this as my league start. I couldn't find a good fireball build which I wanted to start with so it was maybe divine ire totems and this fell with almost the same tree. I like that later I can reallocate some points and be set if I wanted (thought I like the brands so far).

- Dark Arts is a great wheel for my dual wands and flame dash.

- Switched my ascendancy to take Pious Path. Immunity to elemental ailments is huge at least for me. CG proc's on the delay between each flame dash so up time is almost 100%

- Caucus Jack saved this build for me. Wasn't so much the damage improvement but the area. The brands move from pack to pack easily now were before it was a lot more casting.

Thanks to Thi3n, I played your Elemental Hit build and it may still be my favorite - you do good work.
You sound like an advanced player and I do like a lot of the leveling quality of life of dark arts and Elemental Overload

"
Do you have CI version of this build ? and if you dont can you make one ?
I don't and no.

"
Would there be a way to integrate consecrated ground into this build? I’m playing with two friends. Would it be worth it?
You could argue for any of the two ascendancy points we have to be dropped for conc ground. I like the 4 that I have chosen for my playstyle but the fact that it's close between them and the Conc Ground nodes means it's great game design.

"
Tried this as a ssf league starter. feels so shit compared to literally anything else.
That sucks. There are plenty of builds out there - hopefully you find something that works for you.

"
While I do like the guide, especially for new players, I have to say that, for me, brands have the same effect on me as totems have: Utter boredom. Even leaving out that the damage and speed is ok, I cannot play this :/
That sucks. There are plenty of builds out there - hopefully you find something that works for you.

"
How can i get/make a weapon with that non-chaos damage as chaos damage mod?
It's a veiled mod.

"
I tried something really stupid. I took the consecrated ground nodes and got a gifts from above because I was curious about the new mechanics.

It turns out that with consecrated ground, you have enough Regen to dual wield shimmerons @3 power charges without killing yourself. It's worked surprisingly well as a weapon swap so far.
That's awesome if it's working out for you. I actually encourage people to take the guide and use it as a guideline. Try out different things to make it your own!

"
How is this build vs T15+ bosses? s how safe? how fast can they kill ?

Ty
For the next 60 days my vods will be up on my twitch where I league start from scratch I obliterate all map bosses on fairly modest gear and kill uber elder on day 3 of the league.

"
The Act 9 Target Tree paths into the Shaman's Dominion cluster. That cluster is missing in the Act 10 Target Tree, which instead has MoM cluster plus the Quick Recovery cluster right underneath.

Thanks for the guide. It's helped me jump back into the game after an extended absence.
Fixed.

"
I get asked about this item a lot. It's price point is nice but honestly rares with multi are better for most builds.

"
Why in god's name wouldn't you use flame dash accompanied with the inquisitor cons. ground mechanics that procs for 4 seconds everytime you flame dash? Especially in this league?

Augury of penitence is absolutely useless for the Storm Brand playstyle because of "nearby" requirement. Seems to me like Augury & IoV are absolutely useless compared to going Pious Path.
The guide is simply a guideline, don't feel like you need to follow it strictly. If you want to use the new Consecrated Ground nodes then try it, I encourage you to. I simply presented what I feel are the best nodes for the build and what I've been able to do and how I have success with my gear snapshot/skill tree.

The thing is if you go the wrath route the suggested nodes make more sense, if you go the zealotry route the other two mods make more sense... that’s how this game works though. Most importantly though if the guide suggests going one direction you can’t fault it for suggesting the companion direction somewhere else. I have always had better luck finding/buying good wands than daggers so I tweaked my tree to fit that slightly different role. That doesn’t mean that the guide is wrong, this isn’t Enki’s Arc witch guide that spoon feeds everything anyway even though it is a very good guide.
thanks !
What is the use of attack speed in this build? Simply a QoL for whirling blades? Or does it affect storm brand in any way?

ty!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info