[3.5] Flicker Striking VENDIGO Spectres! Crazy strong, crazy fast, crazy fun! - T16 video added

"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
Is there a guide to which spectres spawn where? The POE gamepedia page doesn't describe where Vendigos spawn.

They spawn in the L40 area "The Ascent" (in Act 4) and the L61 area "The Descent" (in Act 9).

Thank you!

I can probably go figure out how to get level 84 versions of the spectres eventually by reading up some more on summoners.
Hi Grebble, I'd love to know your thoughts on this build for 3.6. I stole a peak at your current character and noticed you've dropped skellies and are using bane as well as MOM rather than CI. Is the build performing like you want? Do you miss the skellies? Thanks for writing such a fun guide!
I was pretty excited for Synthesis because I found another Flicker Strike spectre with even better base stats than the Vendigo, the Deadly Tarantuala. It uses Flicker Strike at range and Viper Strike up close, which I figured would be awesome for dropping high health bosses, and it was pretty cool watching the damage ramp up as the poison dots stack. I seven linked by putting the spectre gem in some Elder gloves with Faster Attacks, Poison, and Additional Accuracy supports for socketed gems, and I used the usual VC shield with a 90%+ minion damage weapon in other hand.

I tried some different things with it. Wither totem for CC and chaos debuff, Bane for applying Despair and Temp Chains curses, and Malevolence for more nasty poisons stacks. I also went hybrid life/es with MoM. Was still deciding on what was best setup when I ran out of gas at level 89.

Unfortunately, I found that the Deadly Tarantula can't be Desecrated because it is event spawned like all statues and the library reliquarians. You first encounter it in the Jungle Valley boss room in T3, though I did see it in a later map also, but you are stuck with it at the level in which it appears and it will never be a level 84 Shaper realm summon.

I ended up replacing the tarantula with Crypt Ambusher, a spider that spawns in the Act 7 Crypt under Fellshrine. It also uses Flicker Strike and Viper Strike like the tarantulas, but it's base stats are much lower than the tarantula and vendigo. It worked. It was fun. It just wasn't all I hoped it would be.

Oh, well. There's always another spec out there...
Last edited by Grebble on May 16, 2019, 12:45:45 PM
Hybrid summoner for 3.7?

Flicker stricker with Vendigo spectres that also flicker along side with you :)

Last edited by CoolColJ on Jun 4, 2019, 6:09:21 AM
Dominating Blow + Vendigo Specters OOF.
"
Graiaule wrote:
I've always wanted to try a spectre build, but I haven't been able to figure out how you get your spectres! Do you need to kill them first (using your old spectres I assume) ?

-------------

Huh? You use desecrate? I thought you actually had to kill the monsters, and then resurrect them. Aha.

Is there a guide to which spectres spawn where? The POE gamepedia page doesn't describe where Vendigos spawn.

a bit late but since 3.7 is flicker friendly it might be relevant.
Vendigos spawn in Ascent after you beat Malacai in A4.
If you have vendigo spectres they will keep the level you got the corpses so it might be weak soon. To negate that you can use desecrate to spawn fresh/current level vendigo corpses if you have at least one folowing you as spectre.
you then just use raise spectre on that corpse and you have high lv vendigo spectre
"
mietek1991 wrote:

I thought of this when reading patch notes, is that doable with this build guide?
"
Maximus87 wrote:
"
mietek1991 wrote:

I thought of this when reading patch notes, is that doable with this build guide?

I am gonna move spectres to head for pseudo 6-link and dominating blow to chest. You would want worm flask to start with dominating blow.

Edit: there is also option of using Chaber Cairn 2h mace, but we lose charges, unless we grab 1-2 chieftains plus vendigos.
Edit2 : Undying Graplers?
Last edited by mietek1991 on Jun 6, 2019, 3:37:13 AM
I made a few changes and it's quite fun. Using shift-smite instead of ARC for free wrath aura, lgoh and poison sustain for HoAG. It's fun but you're more susceptible to attacks since minion speed is still the limiter on spectre "agressive-ness"

minion flat phys jewels scale incredibly well and are cheap. I'm still not tanky enough but I'm clearing maps very quickly.
Last edited by Mysticcal on Jul 6, 2019, 8:08:46 PM
"
Grebble wrote:
but you are stuck with it at the level in which it appears and it will never be a level 84 Shaper realm summon.

I may be unaware, but did you try an Elder Jungle Valley map? You may have to buy the map when one dies but that would be a way of getting level 83 spectres, and based on their base stats, may be more powerful than vendigos in 84.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info