[3.5] Dyg's NoLyco Cospris Life/CI - 15-20M REAL Shaper DPS - [All Content ezpz] - Low/High Budget

"
roQs wrote:
Hey Dyg,

just started this build by rebuilding my former Shadow Flicker.

Spent about 10ex so far and feels pretty solid already.

This is what I put on so far:
https://pastebin.com/SfX7yRJK

Really basic stuff here (especially chest, rings, belt). Some are leftovers from other chars.

Only concentrated on a decent Cospri's, decent Shaper Ring and Pandemonious since I won't change these in the nearest future.

I'm even missing two jewels, my Gloves and Boots are not correctly socketed... etc etc.

Really just wanted to get the mechanic going and... it didn't. Didn't crit, didn't do any damage as a result of that UNTIL I noticed that it might be a good idea to actually run Lab again and get the new Ascendancy Class *facepalm.

Anyway, now it rocks already with that shitty stuff I gave poor Apextor to wear. Just ran T10 Belfry and failed the boss a bit, but T11 Mesa was a piece of cake, even Abyss and Breach.

Maybe you want to take some of my gear for the low budget variant, changing stuff here and there ofc.

Anyway, thanks so far, very enjoyable! Always made my way around cyclone, but it's actually quite nice :)
Keep it up and thanks for the detailed build!

roQs

Awesome man, glad youre enjoying it.

Ill update soon with more options for the high budget and the lower budget trees for both ci and life <3
swwet build man, cant wait to try!

eager to see your low budget life varient!

also I know you say that MF is doable but hard. What exactly do you mean by that? What would you say is the max MF pieces you can run whilst doing t16 maps?

finally could this build be a league starter since 3.6 is coming soon?
Hi again,

got a quick question. You mentions base APS of 1,5 is crucial on the dagger. Why is that exactly? Couldn't be 1,45 and some more attack speed on passives be just as effective?

Thanks for clarification of the mechanics again...

roQs
"
roQs wrote:
Hi again,

got a quick question. You mentions base APS of 1,5 is crucial on the dagger. Why is that exactly? Couldn't be 1,45 and some more attack speed on passives be just as effective?

Thanks for clarification of the mechanics again...

roQs

This helps us keep the cyclone proc rate high enough to stay at cap. You could drop to 1.45, but as we arent taking any attack speed locally on the dagger, and we dont have a massive amount from the tree, I personally prefer the 1.5.

If your tree varies from mine 1.45 might not be an issue. PoB it, and as long as you are between 3.7-3.9 (CDR for 3.9) youre set <3
"
bankai1009 wrote:
swwet build man, cant wait to try!

eager to see your low budget life varient!

also I know you say that MF is doable but hard. What exactly do you mean by that? What would you say is the max MF pieces you can run whilst doing t16 maps?

finally could this build be a league starter since 3.6 is coming soon?

Should be up soon. Been swamped the past few days, but I have a lot of info to post when I have a minute. Im also looking over all the trees and gearing options to ensure they are min.maxed for high budget and effective for low budget.

MF is a toughie. You can do the following:

If you swap out both rings, either drop an aura and blasphemy or CWDT your warlords. You could even Flame golem GMP CoH Warlords. None of these options appeal to me, but that gives you double ventors or double pariah, or a combination. Can also just drop mark and run a ventors/pariah.

If you are willing to sack pandemonius, maybe just to swap back on at boss, shaper neck or eyes of the greatwolf with quant are an option. Shaper neck might be useful if running a scuffed ventors and need the res. This also can provide life or ES, depending on your build.

Sadmimas doesnt feel worth, and unless you have good res on chest, might be hard to fit. Doable maybe easier if you are life based.

Goldwyrm I would prefer over sadimas, if I am having to decide between the two. Possible on life or ES, especially if your boots are holding a single fire res roll then its an easy swap.

All in all, I would say that MF is -doable- but at what cost to the clear speed, survive, and play style. I personally dont like gear swapping at the end of each map, and again for the beginning of the next- personal preference.

You could run double ventors for 20q, or double pariah for 30, goldwyrm for 20, and a neck for 10-20 based on what you go with, and possibly sadimas. This puts you at a min of 30Q and a peak of 80Q depending on your budget and ability to swap. Its not bad on paper, but I think mileage will vary in game. I also dont like dying, which I feel will happen quite often even if youre skipping bosses. Keep in mind this would probably be a large dps loss, especially if you need to sac jewels to cap res. T15/T16 viable for sure, but O_o

Lastly div dist doesnt feel like its an option, we should cap life and mana way too often through all of our various layers of regen/lgoh/esoh/leech. If you ran flask effect, soul catcher, and vaal clarity its possible, but what a pain. This could, however, put you at 103Q with perfect quant div dist. Add another 15% if you want to moonwalk backwards with greeds for a min/max of 118Q.

Final note: While this seems juicy in theory, there are so many better builds to run this level of quant with, I highly expect this to be more hassle than its worth, and I expect many free trips to hideout compliments of dangerous map mods that now streamroll you. Should you accept this mission, please cast on death portal to save your sanity <3

It could be amazing though xD

As a league starter the core will be expensive. Cospris is still expensive this late in league, and a lot of the items that youll want are also going to be many ex early. Cospris, Lyco, Pandemonius, etc will be available, but at what price... Id highly suggest another coc variant, or a currency generating build, then transition or reroll into this.

We also dont know where master mods will sit next league, what we are keeping/losing, so its possible we dont have hits can't be evaded as a craft- that would blow :(
Ran the calcs. Build does 9.08m damage WITH Frost Bomb, about 7.8m without. On Lv 103 skill tree. Need to revise that header + the Real True DPS thing.

I'll leave OP to clarify, discourse is always good to push builds further.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Feb 8, 2019, 9:55:09 AM
"
primaeva wrote:
Ran the calcs. Build does 9.08m damage WITH Frost Bomb, about 7.8m without. On Lv 103 skill tree. Need to revise that header + the Real True DPS thing.

Id love to see how you arrived at that math, as I clearly explained mine.

My chest nova alone does nearly as much as that, before factoring in proc'ing on frostbolts. I am up to 550k on chest nova, pushing for 600-700k with some gear upgrades. Based on how fast I kill pure chayula, shaper, etc, I can assure its much higher than your math.

Please let me know.
Last edited by styyled on Feb 10, 2019, 5:08:55 AM
"
styyled wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

My chest nova alone does nearly as much as that, before factoring in proc'ing on frostbolts. I am up to 550k on chest nova, pushing for 600-700k with some gear upgrades. Based on how fast I kill pure chayula, shaper, etc, I can assure its much higher than your math.

Please let me know.

I already replied to you on Reddit, but in case you 'didn't see' it:

TL:DR:

1) You counted your procs thrice instead of twice. How does this even happen for someone who 'hates bloated PoBs'?

2) You assumed 100% crit and hit without squaring the hit chance to get a coefficient for actual crit.

3) Contrary to what you stated earlier, Cospri's 'on melee critical hit' is local, so you have to halve your MH procs as well.

And here's the reply in full.

Spoiler
Your 20-25M DPS numbers has these fatal assumptions which are wrong.

1) You use 100% hit in calculating your sheet DPS. The correct is to use 92% for the Frostbolts/Cospri's Ice Nova and average it to 96% for the Chest CoC. Effectively giving you multipliers of 84% for all Cospri's calculations and 92% for the chest triggers.

2) Cospri-fired spells are based on a global 'on melee critical strike'. This is incorrect. Lostartz, the Cospri creator himself, has clarified this. They are local to the weapon. Since Cyclone has you hitting with main hand then offhand, your proc rate is not 8 spells per second, but 3.74.

I'm also wondering why the proc rate is 8 when it should be 7.5, but eh.

Therefore your build does:

Chest Ice Nova: 410k

Cospri Ice Nova: 160k

Cospri Frostbolt: 145k

Procs per second (w/ CDR): Ill use 8 flat.

Damage Calculation:

Chest Ice Nova: 410k x 8 = 3,280,000

Chest Ice Nova (On both Frost Bolt Proj): (400k x 2) x 8 = 6,560,000

x96% modifier = 6,297,000

Cospri Ice Nova: 160k x 8 = 1,280,000

Cospri Ice Nova (On both Frost Bolt Proj): (160k x 2) x 8 = 2,560,000

Frost Bolt: 145k x 8 = 1,160,000

**x92% modifier and divided by 8/3.74 = 1,599,990 for all Cospri's procs.

Total = 6,297,000 + 1,599,990 = 7.86m.

Holy crap, I just realised your Total Peak DPS of 14,840,000 triple accounts for what is only a double-proc. Ice Nova does not fire three times, it fires twice.

Your build caps at 7.86 mill, I threw Frost Bomb in there for 16.9% bonus - grats, you arrived at 9.18m.

That's a little shy of the pledged 14.8m and 20m with Frost Bomb.

I return again to

a lot of the information you have been given by some of the responses here is not correct.

I knew something was up...

EDIT: Whoops, I used 92% mod instead of 92% squared for your Cospri procs. 0.846/0.92 = 0.91956. So your build does even less at.. just 100k less at 9.08m.

Oh hey, lets not forget that the PoB has 126/123 skill points.

EDIT2: Oh shit, I used 96% instead of 92% for the Chest Procs. I guess you could be happy with a 8.5m-ish build.

Would the irony be that Lyco would have been more DPS because you don't alternate hits, so you get a full 7.5 APS with 100% multipliers on your chest and Cospri's procs? Oh man. I'll leave you to do the math.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
primaeva wrote:
"
styyled wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

Please let me know.

I already replied to you on Reddit, but in case you 'didn't see' it:

TL:DR:

1) You counted your procs thrice instead of twice. How does this even happen for someone who 'hates bloated PoBs'?

2) You assumed 100% crit and hit without squaring the hit chance to get a coefficient for actual crit.

3) Contrary to what you stated earlier, Cospri's 'on melee critical hit' is local, so you have to halve your MH procs as well.

And here's the reply in full.

Spoiler
Your 20-25M DPS numbers has these fatal assumptions which are wrong.

1) You use 100% hit in calculating your sheet DPS. The correct is to use 92% for the Frostbolts/Cospri's Ice Nova and average it to 96% for the Chest CoC. Effectively giving you multipliers of 84% for all Cospri's calculations and 92% for the chest triggers.

2) Cospri-fired spells are based on a global 'on melee critical strike'. This is incorrect. Lostartz, the Cospri creator himself, has clarified this. They are local to the weapon. Since Cyclone has you hitting with main hand then offhand, your proc rate is not 8 spells per second, but 3.74.

I'm also wondering why the proc rate is 8 when it should be 7.5, but eh.

Therefore your build does:

Chest Ice Nova: 410k

Cospri Ice Nova: 160k

Cospri Frostbolt: 145k

Procs per second (w/ CDR): Ill use 8 flat.

Damage Calculation:

Chest Ice Nova: 410k x 8 = 3,280,000

Chest Ice Nova (On both Frost Bolt Proj): (400k x 2) x 8 = 6,560,000

x96% modifier = 6,297,000

Cospri Ice Nova: 160k x 8 = 1,280,000

Cospri Ice Nova (On both Frost Bolt Proj): (160k x 2) x 8 = 2,560,000

Frost Bolt: 145k x 8 = 1,160,000

**x92% modifier and divided by 8/3.74 = 1,599,990 for all Cospri's procs.

Total = 6,297,000 + 1,599,990 = 7.86m.

Holy crap, I just realised your Total Peak DPS of 14,840,000 triple accounts for what is only a double-proc. Ice Nova does not fire three times, it fires twice.

Your build caps at 7.86 mill, I threw Frost Bomb in there for 16.9% bonus - grats, you arrived at 9.18m.

That's a little shy of the pledged 14.8m and 20m with Frost Bomb.

I return again to

a lot of the information you have been given by some of the responses here is not correct.

I knew something was up...

EDIT: Whoops, I used 92% mod instead of 92% squared for your Cospri procs. 0.846/0.92 = 0.91956. So your build does even less at.. just 100k less at 9.08m.

Oh hey, lets not forget that the PoB has 126/123 skill points.

EDIT2: Oh shit, I used 96% instead of 92% for the Chest Procs. I guess you could be happy with a 8.5m-ish build.

Would the irony be that Lyco would have been more DPS because you don't alternate hits, so you get a full 7.5 APS with 100% multipliers on your chest and Cospri's procs? Oh man. I'll leave you to do the math.

I initially thought you were being helpful, turns out just pompous, condescending, and sarcastic. I guess thats what you mean by 'discourse helps push builds further'.

As I stated in the guys post, I rarely read reddit. I was looking at something else I was linked to on discord, scrolled down, replied in his post. In case you 'selectively read' the parts of the post where I state that so it suits you better.

I would like to see where it is "clarified" that Cospri's procs are local, then I will be happy to adjust.

While you would be right on hit chance if you were say auto attacking and alternating attacks, you are completely foregoing the mechanics of cyclone just to further your own point. Cyclone rolls at the beginning of the attack to determine if its a hit or miss, crit or non-crit. Therefore, all subsequent attack from that chain are decided from the initial roll. Your math and perspective is based on those attacks being independent, and they are not. Next youll say spectral throw hits are independent too.

The passive tree has extra points to path to a jewel socket, which provide no dps increase. The jewel socket is used to show the dps provided by the exact same jewel in the offhand. Its much easier to make it seem like im doing something sketchy than it is to read what i clearly state below the finish tree.

I find it interesting that you think adding lyco would somehow increase the amount of chest ice nova procs we get... I guess, even if cospris proc rate is half, that our cyclone should be too? I was not aware it mattered for our chest cyclone whether we crit with offhand or mainhand, nor that we would lose any proc rate from our chest cyclone simply because we crit with the skill with our offhand. Ill leave you to do the explanation on that one.

As far as your dps calculations, interesting. Im sitting at 562k ice nova dps in just my chest, and if it only procs twice per cast, and only 15 times at 3.7aps because I didnt swap flasks, its still a touch under 8.5M shaper for just the chest nova. No bonechil vortex, etc. Awkward.

I appreciate the pompous, sarcastic, and selectively factual feedback though.
"
styyled wrote:

I would like to see where it is "clarified" that Cospri's procs are local, then I will be happy to adjust.

A simple google search brought me here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/50qq6v/a_few_updatesclarifications_regarding_cospris/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info