[3.10] 🐉 Dragon's Breath Elementalist - Incinerate

Made it to level 80. But I die a lot on red maps, especially to Legion rare-mobs. It feels like they just delete my life in a fraction of a second. Damage is good.

I do have 6.3k life, capped resis, done all the labs and fully upgraded my pantheon.

Am I missing some line of defence?
Is my gear simply not good enough?
Do I need more levels?

My gear:

Spoiler

Edit: My post sounds like I'm dying all the time and that I'm not having fun. This is absolutly not the case. This build is super fun and I'm relly enjoying it. Only the one shots are a bit annoying.
Dont mind the -5 Mana Costs on amulett its only becaue I can't do T2 craft on rings yet.
Map: "Area is inhabited by Goatmen"
Templar: "Heavy breathing"
Last edited by Noodlez on Jul 4, 2019, 2:12:29 PM
"
Noodlez wrote:
Made it to level 80. But I die a lot on red maps, especially to Legion rare-mobs. It feels like they just delete my life in a fraction of a second. Damage is good.

I do have 6.3k life, capped resis, done all the labs and fully upgraded my pantheon.

Do I need more levels?

Edit: My post sounds like I'm dying all the time and that I'm not having fun. This is absolutly not the case. This build is super fun and I'm relly enjoying it. Only the one shots are a bit annoying.
Dont mind the -5 Mana Costs on amulett its only becaue I can't do T2 craft on rings yet.

It will be better with more levels and more life. You should be at 7k life at least.
Also change jade flask for quartz for more dodge chance and dont forget to activate vaal grace when you are fighting legions.
Use Sand Stance always!
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jul 4, 2019, 2:41:58 PM
ok Torstein.. ;)

something you said last night got me searching for every way to change my attack mods to spell damage mods (with my limited funds).. if this is the case that the attack mods don't help us, that makes 100% sense on why I can't gain damage as I try to swap gear

Since the great nerfing of 2019, I've lost (depending on what weapon and rings) anywhere from 20k to 50k in initial hit damage. I was barely at 100k before all the nerfs to begin with.

something like this would be better, yes?

Hypnotic Eye Jewel
--------
Adds 16 to 21 Fire Damage to Spells
+31 to maximum Life
Adds 10 to 14 Chaos Damage to Spells while wielding a Two Handed Weapon
Damage Penetrates 2% Elemental Resistance if you haven't Killed Recently

and for anyone else reading this that plays standard (yea, i know.. ) is it even possible to actually find stuff to sell to make any currency in game? I'm between a rock and hard place.. I can't afford to craft things that people would want as I have no money, and I can't afford things that would REALLY crank my up damage so I possibly wont die literally every day from trash mobs with lucky hits

I would LOVE to have 49 ex to buy a new watchers eye, that has both Penetrates fire resists, and increased fire damage from Anger. in my 2000+ days of my character, I've never had a total of 49ex lol
This might seem silly but the 100 POB has all the 5% nodes grabbed in the life box area but next to devotion there's a 6% that could be grabbed instead.
I feel I should comment on this build finally. I had originally made an incinerate build that focused on burning/ignite damage but this build is sooooo much better. im currently lvl 88 in legion and this build is probably one of the most successful builds ive ever had. deff the best non tank build I've ever done. to the guy who said he keeps dying, this is one build I don't seem to ever have that problem, once I got the dodge nodes on the tree things really pick up and I only have like 5.6k life. I hardly ever die and I just hit t11 maps ( I think the steelskin gem saves my ass sometimes though ). Im working on crafting my staff now, I got the 100% to crit mod staff and landed the +2 to fire gems + got a +26% cast speed mod on the regal hit and then hit the annul so now just need to multi mod craft and go from there. will up date soon. Thanks again for the build its awesome!
"
ok Torstein.. ;)

something you said last night got me searching for every way to change my attack mods to spell damage mods (with my limited funds).. if this is the case that the attack mods don't help us, that makes 100% sense on why I can't gain damage as I try to swap gear

Since the great nerfing of 2019, I've lost (depending on what weapon and rings) anywhere from 20k to 50k in initial hit damage. I was barely at 100k before all the nerfs to begin with.

something like this would be better, yes?

Hypnotic Eye Jewel
--------
Adds 16 to 21 Fire Damage to Spells
+31 to maximum Life
Adds 10 to 14 Chaos Damage to Spells while wielding a Two Handed Weapon
Damage Penetrates 2% Elemental Resistance if you haven't Killed Recently

and for anyone else reading this that plays standard (yea, i know.. ) is it even possible to actually find stuff to sell to make any currency in game? I'm between a rock and hard place.. I can't afford to craft things that people would want as I have no money, and I can't afford things that would REALLY crank my up damage so I possibly wont die literally every day from trash mobs with lucky hits

I would LOVE to have 49 ex to buy a new watchers eye, that has both Penetrates fire resists, and increased fire damage from Anger. in my 2000+ days of my character, I've never had a total of 49ex lol

Yeah that Hypnotic Eye Jewel will work.

You don't need at all Watcher's eye with 2 Anger mods, only fire penetration.
"
combinesd wrote:
This might seem silly but the 100 POB has all the 5% nodes grabbed in the life box area but next to devotion there's a 6% that could be grabbed instead.

corrected, tnx :)
"
Mordoth777 wrote:
I feel I should comment on this build finally. I had originally made an incinerate build that focused on burning/ignite damage but this build is sooooo much better. im currently lvl 88 in legion and this build is probably one of the most successful builds ive ever had. deff the best non tank build I've ever done. to the guy who said he keeps dying, this is one build I don't seem to ever have that problem, once I got the dodge nodes on the tree things really pick up and I only have like 5.6k life. I hardly ever die and I just hit t11 maps ( I think the steelskin gem saves my ass sometimes though ). Im working on crafting my staff now, I got the 100% to crit mod staff and landed the +2 to fire gems + got a +26% cast speed mod on the regal hit and then hit the annul so now just need to multi mod craft and go from there. will up date soon. Thanks again for the build its awesome!

Ty you for feedback, i'm glad you like it :)
"
Noodlez wrote:

Do I need more levels?

My gear:

Spoiler

Shield and archer mobs (no matter what army) are busted, specially the shield one with the auto tracking shockwave. In red map with no damage or crit mod they smoke me with ress capped and near 8k life, both need to be toned down a lot, and when the maps is fucking nutty they are the aspect of death walking on wraeclast. For both of them is better to dodge them in circles, the shield one near them so they don't use the shockwave when you are outside of melee range. Is funny how they are the most cancerous instead of the whole Maraketh army
Hi guys,

so I took this build to the next level and min/maxed it.
Any other upgrade would cost around 20-30ex per item and only be a marginal improvement.

I sofar did all content deathless including uber elder.
This variation of this build has such good defence it doesn't even die on the hardest maps.

Currently those stats:
~16.3m selfbuffed shaper dps
7000k life
900 es
perma fortify
50% dodge vs attacks (no vaal grace; with vaal grace max 75%)
52% dodge vs spells (no vaal grace; with vaal grace max 75%)
balanced Wise Oak
perma blind on enemies
Sick aoe!!!

I'll leave my pastebin here. But keep in mind its a TRICKSTER :)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/FYB9pJJa

If you have intressted some of simlar gears I use hit me up I got few worse peaces for sale.

Everyone enjoiy the build. It's great anmd alot of fun.

- Skalpo
Mirror Service for No.1 Harbinger Bow, Leg Multi Quiver, Zodiac Leather, Exquisite Blade and more: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/773474

Items Im looking for: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1232835

ign: Skalpo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info