Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.6] Winter Orb Dancing Duo Herald of Purity & Agony Ascendant

I'm enjoying this build with maybe 4-600c spent. Sounds like a lot but all in small increments. Permaflask makes it fast and you just need to stop occasionally to channel winter orb near rares. Keeping rampage up is fine, I was a bit worried about this initially. Mainly just run around and pick up loot. I've not run a Pathfinder before and having flasks recharge so fast is really cool.

I'm using a 20% HoA hat enchant, so much cheaper and I can still run HoP with no mana issues. Dunno if I'm missing something the 30% would give me. Gems haven't even hit 20 yet, still feeding my hungry loop so no CwDT yet.

A bit of trouble surviving t14+ with 5.5k hp but I just fixed my jewels (taunt, blind, minion dmg, some hp) so hopefully that'll help. Also added a granite to my quartz + quicksilver combo.

I levelled with Quill Rain, Rain of Arrows and Lesser Poison. Tried Arc traps and Toxic Rain, didn't work as well.
OMG!
"
I kind of feel like I need another defensive layer as I push higher content. Not sure what to add/remove.

"
A bit of trouble surviving t14+ with 5.5k hp but I just fixed my jewels (taunt, blind, minion dmg, some hp) so hopefully that'll help. Also added a granite to my quartz + quicksilver combo.

I really don't remember having any survivability issues with this build. With a bit of positioning your dancing derwishes clear any trash mobs before they get to you and the multitude of defensive layers takes care of tougher foes.

@SoggyDorito: I think upgrading your body armour should give you a huge defensive boost. E.g., the perfect form adds another 20% spell dodge and 12% less fire&physical damage taken which are definitely appreciable. But there are some other reasonable options as well. Of course, this might require you to change your gem setup a bit :(

Also I don't know the range of aspect of the spider. If you would have to get to close to the enemies for its effect, this might bring more problems than it solves?

Btw, your minions should already blind resilient rares quite reliable, don't they?

@Ixsli: What threatens your life pool the most at the moment? A cwdt-setup definitly makes a difference in some situations, e.g., a room full of porcupines..

You guys could also give vaal grace a try to improve your survivability.
Please help to fight the climate change!
Last edited by limonenovecento on Apr 3, 2019, 9:17:31 AM
"
LoneWoodstock wrote:
I'm really interested in trying this build as it sounds really fun. Anyone who has played it, can you tell me a little about the playstyle of the build? I've never played HoA or dancing duo.

Hi, I couldn't describe it any better than lxsli did:

"
I'm enjoying this build with maybe 4-600c spent. Sounds like a lot but all in small increments. Permaflask makes it fast and you just need to stop occasionally to channel winter orb near rares. Keeping rampage up is fine, I was a bit worried about this initially. Mainly just run around and pick up loot. I've not run a Pathfinder before and having flasks recharge so fast is really cool.
hi,
First, tks a lot for that under-estimated build!
I can see in the discussion that many peope are curious with that build but are not sure if it will be reliable. As a beginner I had the same doubt, but decide to give it a try that league. I did well :)

I love that build because:
-cheap (exept helmet enchant, note that hoP enchant is cheaper than the hoA one)
-can run all tier map with all mod, really.
-easy to play: derviches do the job for you, just focus on positionning (very good when u want to learn game's mechanics)
-pleasant to play: smooth moves, no zoom-zoom, the auto-fill potion is just amazing; I feel like cheating when farming lab! :)
-very good survavibility! i see that some people have trouble with it, i don't understand..if you don' run into melee and always keep moving it's more than fine!

One last more thing for beginners who are wondering about aspect of spider: you can do it if u want of course but u don't need it... because you already have it in a cheap and efficient version: temporal chain to slow down and war banner for dammage boost. If u want to play for cheap and level quickly, you can just trust limonenovecento and stick to the build, i did that and it works really well. You can try other gems, tree or equip later on when richer..

I reached level 94 with no difficulties (i'm beginner) and spent 300 chaos on it maximum (but i can see that prices on trade are each week more expensive)

Just wanted to say I'm using this build and it's pretty great. My DPS is not so great in anything past T14, but survivability is good, clear speed is great, and playstyle is fun. I could probably be doing better damage wise if I wasn't plopping 7% life jewels in all the sockets, but that's on me. I've invested maybe 100 chaos worth of investment into the char and to be clearing this fast is a great bargain build. I've easily made back my investment 2 or 3 fold already.
Abstract thoughts
Spoiler
In the photos you can see these are difficult maps for a lot of builds, not this though. I'm pretty well finished with my variation of this build, I think it has become an absolute solid end game boss killer while keeping the fast clear speeds. I swapped a few very key pieces which was difficult to figure out how to go about doing so. This build is so strong I am having issues even considering making another build this league. I don't die, like ever. Everything else dies. I killed Shaper in the time he cast 2 beams, then dead on the last phase. Deathless. 1000 rampage as well because, why not.

Shaper with 1k rampage lol/Uber Elder Deathless
Spoiler

Accidental breach boss in t16, died instantly.
Spoiler

Guardians -Died to Hydra, I walked in a straight line, bad idea lol / lvl 83 Temple Boss
Spoiler

Vaal Temple t16 / Chayula Breachlord (Almost 1k Rampage)
Spoiler

Memory Boss
Spoiler

Tooltip/Stats
Spoiler

Playstyle
Spoiler
This build you can walk into huge packs on red tier maps with 8 mods and then start channeling winter orb. You can take some pretty serious hits. Why would you do that? I am really lazy, so that is a big thing to me. I run a phase flask to help with this playstyle even more so you can run through the mobs into a better spot to begin your winter orb channel. That's why I say it plays a lot like a melee build.

Focus
Spoiler
This build version focuses much heavier on bossing with maxing out your Herald of Agony minion to be a god. Using ideas from this build combined with celestial bob. Creates amazing clear speeds and instant boss kills.
Runs any 8 mod red maps/guardians because we focus more on Agony Crawler damage running hard red maps where mobs have increased HP pools is where you shine. Low tier maps swap in minion speed gems in all 3 minions, I do this up to t12-13.

Defensive/Offensive
Spoiler
Arctic Armour is of course huge.

CWDT+IC+Duration+Flame Dash (swap Flame Dash for whatever, golem, Spirit/Flesh Offering, teleport).

Infused Channeling with Winter Orb for 8% phys + cold reduction while channeling.

Writhing Jar flasks maxed out for more HP/reduce charges used is h.u.g.e. I carry a 3rd in my inventory if I lose the rampage going into a boss. Then swap it back out once rampage starts.

Poacher's Mark curse on ring for Frenzy charges to minions is incredible dps increase. Unset ring if you can to stuff in Arctic Armour.

Jugg has near constant up-time of Endurance charges so every cwdt+ic proc is 3 charge duration if needed.

Armour on belt alone adds +500 which is nice.

Spider on belt is solid dps increase if you have the mana reserve.

I found with this setup having a minimum of 45-50+ mana was enough to channel winter orb for up to 25 seconds straight if you wanted to. Mana refills in under 1 second.

You could drop spider and take MoM probably for more defense but I don't see it working as well overall using precious passive points to take the mana nodes behind it.

Large damage increase from helm enchant +2 projectiles to Agony Crawler. I don't know how to add this damage into Path of Building, but I'd estimate it well over 2 million when everything is going.

Having Blind on your Winter Orb is the single biggest defensive probably, its also on 2 of my minion jewels as well as Taunt on 2. This may be overkill, but it takes away a lot of the randomness. Everything Blind.

This build does not shy away from being closer to melee range for the added -9% phys debuff on helm. You can survive a lot more than you think with this build at 7k-7.5k HP and 500 ES. This is the reason behind me using infused and more blind/taunts.

This version uses the Dancing Dervish minions to apply Wither stacks on bosses, and the Herald of Purity adds to debuff with Maim. This frees up your Herald of Agony to be purely focused on damage output. Orb stacks the Poison quick enough you can get to 8-12 stacks and 40 Virulent easily. Making Vile Toxins very powerful, try for a level 21 as it goes from 9 max to 10 max stacks so 5% dmg increase. Storm Brand is also able to stack super fast, but felt clunky to me, I do recommend trying it though.

I don't think my version is different enough to warrant it's own build guide, I think Limon has done amazing.

This took me roughly 100 hours of theory crafting in the end. And I still have more I'd like to try for fun.

I ramble, I'm aware, I'm sorry. Lol.

Their is so much more room to improve and explore alternative options its a really wonderful feeling! Like looking toward anger/hatred generosity auras, with using a watcher's eye or aul's neck. So I thank you for making this great guide, its saved myself a lot of headaches. Lol.

Here's the finished build, at 93. If you ever come back to playing this build @limonenovecento please do tag me in future leagues! Seeing this build min/maxed further would be an interest.

-Dancing Agony- Boss Variant, Path of Building <3
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/mT7tyCFB

Dope_Agony is the character name, account is SoggyDorito. Public.
Last edited by Dopesick21 on May 27, 2019, 9:36:36 PM
my first scion build, really good. thx for the guide :)
Thanks everybody for your kind feedback! It's really a heart-warming feeling when you see that people are enjoying your build! ;)

@SoggyDorito: It's nice to see how far this build can be pushed damage-wise with more investment - your character has some really interesting tweaks. (Btw, is the frenzy charge generation from poacher's mark also helpful against endgame bosses?) And as you said, there is still much more room to increase the DPS if you have the currency.
On another note, I thought about linking your pictures in the build guide (as long as I don't have any videos) if you don't mind?
Last edited by limonenovecento on May 6, 2019, 12:04:52 PM
Hi, thanks for the most enjoyable build I have played yet. Just have 1 question, how are you keeping rampage up with the writhing jars? I can't make it happen and am not sure why? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
You can keep rampage up with 2 jars, because we take increased flask nodes. You regen charges every few seconds like 4. However! In some maps it drops or I forget to keep it up some times. I keep a 3rd Jar in my inventory and use all 3 jars to get rampage started, then swap my other flask back in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info