[3.6] Winter Orb Dancing Duo Herald of Purity & Agony Ascendant

"
Yarik85 wrote:
A very interesting build. Thinking about trying it out myself.
Just want to clarify. It doesn't look like the stats of the sword matter for the build. Is that correct? (Edit: it seems like nobody knows for sure :) )

Edit: And also, is there room for a movement skill, and which one would be best?

Edit 2: What exactly is the point of Spiritual Aid's damage being applied to me?
Which of MY damage does it boost? Or what exactly does it do if all the damage is being done by the swords/pets.

This build uses each socket it can get and I would not recommend to replace something with a movement skill against really tough foes (e.g. Uber Elder).
However, if you really want, you can use a movement skill for mapping omitting, e.g., the Raise Zombie-setup, the Curse On Hit-setup or the Cast When Damage Taken-setup. My choice would be Phase Run, since it only requires one socket, and the build doesn't offer much cast speed.

Spiritual Aid mainly offers damage and accuracy for your minions. The part where the damage is applied to you is just needed if you are leveling the build with a self-cast spell/attack and doesn't matter later on.

"
ZaarLan wrote:
Viable in HC?

Definitly!
Please help to fight the climate change!
How does it do in reflect maps? minions all die to phys reflect and you self die to elemental reflect because of winter orb?
"
Trevelina wrote:
How does it do in reflect maps? minions all die to phys reflect and you self die to elemental reflect because of winter orb?

Quite the opposite..
The dancing derwishes and the agony crawler are basically immortal! And the sentinels of purity easily survive reflect maps too.

Your own life also remains basically untouched in reflect maps since we are using a level 1 winter orb which does nearly no damage which could be reflected.
Does the poison linked to Herald of Purity actually add anything useful to the build? Or is it just because it was there on the gloves you purchased/crafted.

Cheers.
"
BigMazza wrote:
Does the poison linked to Herald of Purity actually add anything useful to the build? Or is it just because it was there on the gloves you purchased/crafted.

Cheers.

The poison slightly increases the damage of the sentinels of purity (keep in mind that the inflicted poisson damage is also scaled by minion damage modifiers) but it's probably the least important gem and could easily be omitted/replaced.
hi, i visit your account and find you not play this season. So can you confirm that this build still work this season? I know you write 3.6 on title, just double check with it. Cuz i already rerolled many characters this season and waste a lot currency and time, so i do need a build that can do everything.
thanks bro
"
Maxhzalot wrote:
hi, i need a build that can do everything.
thanks bro

I did this kind of build again to try and mess with the new rings. Yes, it works for all content. I clear any mod red tier maps, 8 mods, whatever. My version is a bit different, but you're welcome to look at my account, I am trying a few odd ideas out with it. I'll be messing around for a while with this one. I have it set for Shaper/boss damage. Agony about 1.5m and the swords an extra 150k dps. I hover between 6.5k life and 7k life. Swap in minion speed gems while doing maps. Goodluck dude.

PoB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/yaeb9yFx

Edit: You can wear 2 circle rings for 80% reservation of herald of agony, if you had a helm with 30% reduce reserve...I mean. With just 2 rings I'm able to have it at 8% in a 6 link. Also these rings can have up to 100% increased damage done by the agony crawler. Thats 200% inc dmg and 80% reserved mana. Just from rings. This leaves a lot of room for other options. I'd love to hear if you have any ideas.
Last edited by Dopesick21 on Apr 1, 2019, 7:15:58 PM
"
Maxhzalot wrote:
hi, i visit your account and find you not play this season. So can you confirm that this build still work this season? I know you write 3.6 on title, just double check with it. Cuz i already rerolled many characters this season and waste a lot currency and time, so i do need a build that can do everything.
thanks bro

Even though I don't play the character this league (since I always try to create new builds ;) I am pretty sure that the build works just as well as last league, since nothing related was changed.
Also thanks to SoggyDorito for his confirmation!

"
"
Maxhzalot wrote:
hi, i need a build that can do everything.
thanks bro

I did this kind of build again to try and mess with the new rings. Yes, it works for all content. I clear any mod red tier maps, 8 mods, whatever. My version is a bit different, but you're welcome to look at my account, I am trying a few odd ideas out with it. I'll be messing around for a while with this one. I have it set for Shaper/boss damage. Agony about 1.5m and the swords an extra 150k dps. I hover between 6.5k life and 7k life. Swap in minion speed gems while doing maps. Goodluck dude.

PoB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/yaeb9yFx

Edit: You can wear 2 circle rings for 80% reservation of herald of agony, if you had a helm with 30% reduce reserve...I mean. With just 2 rings I'm able to have it at 8% in a 6 link. Also these rings can have up to 100% increased damage done by the agony crawler. Thats 200% inc dmg and 80% reserved mana. Just from rings. This leaves a lot of room for other options. I'd love to hear if you have any ideas.

Hi, nice to hear from somebody else who's exploring the potential of these builds. Your version seems pretty decent! The curse-on-hit-ring is a nice feature which adds some interesting options to alter the build (and gem setups) and of course aspect of the spider is always nice to have ;)

I definitely also thought about the new rings. For my version of the build the increased damage for the sentinels of purity seems to be the best mod - besides the reduced mana reservation mod of course. But then I would have to get my resistances from somewhere else or omit the hungry loop which might be hard to do without sacrificing other aspects of the build (e.g., its defences or the avaidability on a low budget). But I can't comment more on this since I didn't try it for myself.

As your build focuses more on the agony crawler the circle of guilt is not that useful to you. But the agony crawler already gets a lot of increased damage from the virluence stacks, so I'm wondering whether the increased damage from circle of nostalgia really makes a difference?
You could also think about omiting the lightning golem for a 4th herald of purity support. I think the sentinels of purity are really underrated concerning their boss killing potential.
And war banner is a nice, cheap (in terms of mana) damage boost.
Last edited by limonenovecento on Apr 2, 2019, 6:14:26 AM
Yeah I've been using lightning golem just out of habit, and it can taunt. Honestly I have been using the purity minions to just debuff maim. I haven't actually looked at herald of purity minions, mostly focusing on the agony crawler since its just such a powerhouse. I will look into bettering my purity minions. I kind of feel like I need another defensive layer as I push higher content. Not sure what to add/remove.

The circle rings damage increase is the same as more damage(100%/50%/25%), roughly 140k extra fully buffed. Its not like incredible, but I wanted to use the ring so I could use the spider aspect, only out of sheer luck I ran into the spider to do it. I can't stuff a banner in, out of lack of gem slots currently. I really like blind on winter orb, and the vaal cold snap is nice to slow enemies down. I thought about using vortex. I'm still not sure how to do it. You have to be pretty close to enemies for winter orb to hit, and helm 9% inc phys dmg taken. So I've considered having a useful weapon swap on bosses. Using my 2 flasks to cause rampage in rooms with no minions kind of really sucks balls. Thought about running 3 jars and just lose the movement flask (gross). I'm just kind of not sure. Thought of adding zombies or spectres. I have no +spectre gear/passives so I'd just use the ape from act 2 to put frenzy charges on my minions, but he died even with minion life link and created in shaper map. He randomly would get 1 shot on 8 mod maps. Which makes it unreliable for bosses as well. Accepting ideas. Lol

EDIT: also thought about taking Arrow Dancing, since its mostly spells or projectiles that hit like trucks. I'll probably level my CWDT+IC higher and add inc duration. That may help more than I'm imaginging, not sure. Have a good life pool though.
Last edited by Dopesick21 on Apr 2, 2019, 6:03:53 PM
I'm really interested in trying this build as it sounds really fun. Anyone who has played it, can you tell me a little about the playstyle of the build? I've never played HoA or dancing duo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info