[3.5] Slay's LL GC/Arc Miner. 2.5+ shapers per second

My IGN: SlayBrand (you can add me and ask questions, but I would prefer if you leave questions on this thread)

🔥Build revolves around crazy conversion mechanics that betrayal introduced.
🔥It is using GC and Arc at the same time, thus removing all the downsides of GC clear and Arc boss DPS.
🔥Most of the gear is either easy-to-get uniques or multimodded rare items, not a single item is worth more than 20ex. The more you invest, the more you will get.
🔥Gif below shows what 100ex~ of gear is capable of. (3rd week in Betrayal)

YouTube Link

Pros/Cons
Spoiler
+Highest dps possible in league?
+INSANELY Tanky
+Very decent clear speed with pseudo 5l Arc
+Not extremely expensive like most dps showcasing builds
+Does all map mods
+Bosses are a joke
-Slower than top clear speed builds

🔥The build🔥
Path of Building
The POB of the character from GIF above

https://pastebin.com/qmdQ7mYF

NOTE: I really hate the concept of linking POB in guides, please don't follow it mindlessly.
Only use POB to min-max your own damage/defences.

Things that POB doesn't calculate:
-Only shows damage per 1 mine
-Doesn't calculate GC overlap, you will almost always overlap at least twice, if u learn to position properly you can overlap GC 3 times(with conc).

Passive Tree
http://poeurl.com/cfZ4
-At lvl 94 take ES at the witch start
-At lvl 97 take Snowforged pathing through cold dmg
-At lvl 100 take 3 more ES nodes above scion or celestial judgement

Gear

Weapon:

To get weapon like this I suggest looking for weapons with both of these mods and just annul them, its much cheaper on average than buying pre-made one.
#1 Priority - Get t1 Elemental as extra chaos
#2 Priority - If you only have t1 ele as extra chaos, multimod with same mods and craft crit chance for spells on top of it.
#3 Priority - Damage pen is very good as well.

Note: If you want to shield charge you can use sceptres but because of the way conversion works wand is little bit more dmg as it has spell dmg implicit rather than ele dmg.

Just so you understand how stupidly broken the multimodded weapons this league are:
Spoiler
The wand above is more damage than this sceptre from standard:

Shield:

#1 Priority - have open prefix for non-chaos as extra chaos craft.
#2 Priority - Try to get as much es+defences+crit chance for spells+spell dmg

Helmet:

Put pseudo 5l Arc in Helmet for easy clear speed (its much better than GC clear even at 5l!)
#1 Priority - Place an additional mine mod
#2 Priority - 40% GC conversion enchant (its insane dmg boost if you drop 2 GC jewels)
#3 Priority - Good ES

Amulet:

No choice here, you are low life, you have to use it. Build is unplayable without presence.

Rings:

Dream fragments is probably one of the best rings in this game. Don't underestimate the value of Cannot be chilled and cannot be frozen! Mana regen is key for this build as well!
Only get the hatred corruption if your overcapped on cold.

Rare ring
#1 Priority As much resists as possible
#2 Priority flat ES
#3 Priority Open prefix for %DMG or faster start of es recharge craft (whichever you prefer, IMO this build has enough dmg so I would go for more defence)

Gloves:

#1 Priority 40+ Dex
#2 Priority Good resists
#3 Priority Good ES
#4 Priority Spell dmg base

Belt:

Shaped crystal belt - Dense fossil crafted (DON'T GO STYGIAN!)
#1 Priority - Flat ES
#2 Priority - ES%
#3 Priority - ES recovery rate
#4 Priority - Resists
#5 Priority - Open prefix for 14% flask effect craft
#6 Priority - Reduced extra damage from crit strikes (its one of the best defence mods in the game, you can only die from crits, 30% reduced crit is very noticable)

Body Armour:

No option here, you have to go Shavs for Low life.
Corruption priority:
#1 +2 Aoe gems (about 20% dmg increase)
#2 +1 socketed gems (15%~ dmg increase, have to use empower 4)
#3 Reduced extra damage from crit strikes (don't buy this implicit alone, only in combination with +2 Aoe or +1 Gems)
Best Double corruption = +2 aoe and reduced extra crit dmg

Boots:

#1 Priority - 10% Pen enchant
#2 Priority - Good ES
#3 Priority - Strength/qual craft
#4 Priority - Good resists
#5 Priority - movement speed

Flasks:
You have to use these flasks! (you can switch quicksilver for something but I would highly suggest not to!)

Don't forget to have perfect rolls on atziri's promise and taste of hate

IMPORTANT NOTE:
You have to use Saturated Eternal Mana flask (with as much quality as possible). If you use other affixes like Cautious (100% inc recovery on low life) you will oversustain and it stops working once you reach max mana. You want to recover as much mana as you spend, not more, not less.

Jewels:

Watcher's eye:
#1 Priority - Hatred Crit
#2 Priority - Clarity ES
Not suggesting triple modded as they cost x3 the cost of the whole build only giving marginal dmg increase.

Socket near templar Pen ring, easy 40% multi
Get corrupted blood implicit on it.

Energy from within - put near melding

Unnatural is not required, its actually less dmg than good double multi+es+dmg jewel, but it gives some other benefits like movement speed, i suggest getting it at the very end

Rare jewels:
#1 Priority - ES%
#2 Priority - Crit Multi
#3 Priority - Area/spell damage

Use 2 GC conversion jewels until you get enchant.

Links

CWDT-IC-INC Duration (your arc doesn't shatter, you don't wanna die from porcupines)
Blood Magic (lvl 20) - Hatred
Vaal Discipline-Vaal Clairty-Vaal RF-Inc Duration
Flame Dash(lvl 20) - Faster Casting - Arcane surge(Lvl 7) - Portal

Helmet:
Arc - Minefield - Lightning penetration - Contrlled Destruction

Note: You could have noticed that I use minefield in Arc setup but not in GC, the reason is that you want as many arcs as possible for clear even if u sacrifice dps, but for GC u just want as much dmg as possible.

Body Armour:
Glacial Cascade - Remote Mine - Concentrated effect - Trap and mine dmg - Hypothermia - Cold to fire

Note:
#1 You don't want to use minefield for GC as its lower dps on avg.
#2 You only use Cold to fire when you have 100% of GC conversion (which you should as you use jewels if u can't afford helm enchant), as well as having at least 30%~ of elemental as extra chaos (from weapon/shield). Replace it with Controlled destruction if you don't meet those requirements.

Bandits
Alira!

Pantheon
This one is a little tricky.
Major God:
For most of the time Soul of Solaris should be the best
For Uber Elder I highly suggest taking Soul of Lunaris with all the upgrades.
Minor God:
Soul of Tukohama (upgrade!)

Last note:
I got really tired of builds suggesting unoptimal setups as well as fully investing into Arc. Its useless to invest in skill that clears on 4l, rather go full boss dmg, you won't notice any clear differences anyway.
If you guys will enjoy the build, I ll keep adding more flavor to it :P
@slaykor

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Last edited by slayk0r on Jan 25, 2019, 2:05:27 AM
Last bumped on Feb 4, 2019, 5:58:05 PM
10/10 build i think its OK
@Axdie
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2076866 >>> Wolves of Wraeclast <Wolves>

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2093385 >>> Morbid Torc | Old #1 Howa Amulet
Last edited by Axdie on Jan 21, 2019, 12:27:27 PM
Love it. Should CWDT/IC both stay level 1?
"
Vedders91 wrote:
Love it. Should CWDT/IC both stay level 1?
Your only use for it is to avoid porcupines and other on-death effects as u clear with arc, so i would keep it as low as possible.
@slaykor

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Managed to put this together yesterday for under 15ex

Gonna work on getting boots lab enchant today.
Last edited by Vedders91 on Jan 22, 2019, 12:54:00 PM
"
Vedders91 wrote:
Managed to put this together yesterday for under 15ex

Gonna work on getting boots lab enchant today.

Yea, I have checked your gear already. Make sure to quality your mana and other flasks, its very useful. Buy 20/20 gems for now, they are like 20c~ each. Swap ES craft on belt for flask effectiveness, 20 flat es is nothing compared to 10%+ flask effectiveness. I wouldn't enchant this boots, rather buy sorcerer boots with enchant already or enchant them yourself and craft better once with dense fossils.
@slaykor

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
One more question, I see that we run 3 vaal auras. What is the optimal time to activate them? or are we just trying to keep all 3 up all the time?
Managed to get up to 720k per mine on GC at lvl 93. Hoping to get more as I lvl a bit more. Managed to 1 shot shaper and got a flask drop. Only 8.8k es at the moment and it can feel a little squishy vs some of the tougher syndicate guys, any tips for defense? Obviously I can craft higher es boots which would get me another couple hundred es, dont really want to swap out the HH cause it is very nice for mapping with the movespeed buffs and occasional huge ES boost.

IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
Last edited by demondied1 on Jan 23, 2019, 7:06:15 AM
"
demondied1 wrote:
Managed to get up to 720k per mine on GC at lvl 93. Hoping to get more as I lvl a bit more. Managed to 1 shot shaper and got a flask drop. Only 8.8k es at the moment and it can feel a little squishy vs some of the tougher syndicate guys, any tips for defense? Obviously I can craft higher es boots which would get me another couple hundred es, dont really want to swap out the HH cause it is very nice for mapping with the movespeed buffs and occasional huge ES boost.

Open prefix on ring, I would swap sin trek for sorcerer with 10% pen enchant, no curse immunity, 10% craft on shield. You get insane amount of ES from shaped crystal, unless you want to swap HH, I don't see other options to improve defences.
@slaykor

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Have you some leveling tips or route? Skills/Tree/Gear? Thank you:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info