plz allow us to sacrifice incursions for a reroll

i would really love a feature,but ofc to make it not too powerfull it needs some rules.

these could be:

-killed architects are dead and cant be rerolled
-you can hit the same room again

i´m not sure if this would be enough to even remotely balance it,but i cant think of anything else that would make it "worse"
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2019, 4:42:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What exactly is being "sacrificed" here? I'm all for more flexibility in temple creation, but this is pretty vague.
"
What exactly is being "sacrificed" here? I'm all for more flexibility in temple creation, but this is pretty vague.

I'm assuming, based on the title, is that the sacrifice is you giving up 1 of your 11 incursions to reroll a room you want. That means you get less rooms overall, but more choice in the rooms you want improved.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"

I'm assuming, based on the title, is that the sacrifice is you giving up 1 of your 11 incursions to reroll a room you want. That means you get less rooms overall, but more choice in the rooms you want improved.

yes thats how i meant it,since incursions arent in every area (like in the league) it can take a lot more time to get a full tempel.
so you would give up quantity for quality with still a big rng factor.

in the mainleague this would have been way to broken,but i dont see a problem with it in its current form.

so you would have a 3rd option when you talk to alva show/enter/reroll,to make it more safe they could add a pop up like when you tp out of lab.
Or just remove the Incursion cap and let players make decisions
"
FathomWheel wrote:

that would be pretty broken since you get a full t3 tempel,which is too rewarding imo.
"
FathomWheel wrote:

+1

That would be the best.
We dont have decisions now.

That "one from 2 you dont really need" - doesnt count as decision at all.
"
ciel289 wrote:
yes thats how i meant it,since incursions arent in every area (like in the league) it can take a lot more time to get a full tempel.

in the mainleague this would have been way to broken,but i dont see a problem with it in its current form.

so you would have a 3rd option when you talk to alva show/enter/reroll,to make it more safe they could add a pop up like when you tp out of lab.

I've realized that rerolling when you don't know what goes next is less useful that you might think.

And I'm still not sure which way it's meant to go. I can see two ways:

1) You sacrifice one of your 11 incursions limit to replace current incursion with another random one. This, apparently, is your intention.
Consider this: you can't know what next incursion is going to be. So rerolling current one is no different from just skipping to next one.
In other words, aside from small details, this option is no different from just entering and leaving without doing anything. You don't get any additional control, you just get less opportunities.

2) You sacrifice current Alva spawn. In other words, you refuse to do this incursion, you can't use this spawn/altar again, and you can go find Alva elsewhere (another altar on the same map, or a mission on another map). You don't use up any of the 11 incursions limit.
This does give you more control in exchange of needing more missions to complete a temple.
And there's already a way to do that - just ignore Alva if you don't like what she's giving you. Of course, this also makes you lose all remaining incursions on a map as well as mission/objective completion. So this option would be a more convenient and less wasteful way to do the same.

Meanwhile, I have another idea.
i) Give the player two rooms to pick from, each with its own pair of architects. I don't think I have to explain how this lets you shape the temple more to your liking. And you still can get 2 bad rooms, or get 2 good rooms and be forced to decide.
Although this might be too good. Or not.
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
FathomWheel wrote:

that would be pretty broken since you get a full t3 tempel,which is too rewarding imo.

I don't believe it would be. Temples take a non-negligible amount of time to set up and run. On average, you have 1/3 chance of finding a master; 1/4 chance that it will be Alva for 1/12 total chance. Alva gives up to 3 spawns per site, so effectively you're getting 1 Incursion every 4 maps.

Compare to Incursion league when she appeared literally every map and the game didn't break despite being able to do 4x as many temples in the same number of instances.

Not to mention there would be a very real opportunity cost in continuing to build a temple vs running what you have and starting fresh. It should be within the player's control.
Last edited by FathomWheel on Jan 18, 2019, 4:35:01 PM
"
"
ciel289 wrote:

I've realized that rerolling when you don't know what goes next is less useful that you might think.

And I'm still not sure which way it's meant to go. I can see two ways:

1) You sacrifice one of your 11 incursions limit to replace current incursion with another random one. This, apparently, is your intention.
Consider this: you can't know what next incursion is going to be. So rerolling current one is no different from just skipping to next one.
In other words, aside from small details, this option is no different from just entering and leaving without doing anything. You don't get any additional control, you just get less opportunities.

2) You sacrifice current Alva spawn. In other words, you refuse to do this incursion, you can't use this spawn/altar again, and you can go find Alva elsewhere (another altar on the same map, or a mission on another map). You don't use up any of the 11 incursions limit.
This does give you more control in exchange of needing more missions to complete a temple.
And there's already a way to do that - just ignore Alva if you don't like what she's giving you. Of course, this also makes you lose all remaining incursions on a map as well as mission/objective completion. So this option would be a more convenient and less wasteful way to do the same.

Meanwhile, I have another idea.
i) Give the player two rooms to pick from, each with its own pair of architects. I don't think I have to explain how this lets you shape the temple more to your liking. And you still can get 2 bad rooms, or get 2 good rooms and be forced to decide.
Although this might be too good. Or not.

i meant option 2 using the 1 alva spawn to reroll so you can use the remaining spawns on the area.

i have no idea how you came up with option one since this one doesnt make any sense,you would lose the 1 room either way so you could just do it.

while your idea would work for more control as well,its not very appealing to since it makes the whole tempel thing a bit more "complex".
another thing with this would be the "power creep" since you would encounter alva 11 times for 44 choices.

my option would give you more comtrol but it would cost you "time" since you need to find her again and i really like the idea of "a dead architect cant spawn again",which wouldnt be possible for your option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info