[3.10] Ice Golem Golemancer Build -DELIRIUM-BALANCED- ALL CONTENT -Everything Dies-Huge Damage

"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Vertal0 wrote:
Carrion golem damage feels very close to ice golem damage. The current POB numbers are definitely wrong, so it's hard to say for sure right now.

Hopefully they are equal since the carrion golem has better aoe and all of it's abilities scale from melee damage while the ranged one from the ice golem doesn't. The bone spikes look cool too.

To be fair, ranged attack of the ice golem isn't an argument, because due to its AI it will not use it, unless it's in very specific range, and cyclone on cooldown, which with cooldown of 1.4 sec not gonna happen almost ever.

Also those bone spikes actually a bad thing for a clear. While ice golem cycloning moving in the front attacking at the same time, bone spikes make carrion golem to stop in the place. If it will start attack when last enemy already dying and you start to run forward, that pause will make it slightly late to the next point. Leap slam is good though.

But of course it is just from watching 1 video, until i play it yourself, it doesn't really mean much.
But still, want to ask. Why using concentrated effect as last link? It's not gonna apply to default combo attack, and i don't think that it spam cascade spikes indefinitely. And even that bone spike move will be smaller in radius, isn't it better to use something else as damage link?

It's possible that my links are not ideal. Concentrated effect should buff both the leap slap and bone spikes, the two main abilities. Whatever the CD of bone spikes is, it's low enough so that the golem uses it every attack.
"
Vertal0 wrote:
It's possible that my links are not ideal. Concentrated effect should buff both the leap slap and bone spikes, the two main abilities. Whatever the CD of bone spikes is, it's low enough so that the golem uses it every attack.

I suppose it's due to multistrike. In PoB cooldown is about 0.93 sec, and attack time 0.28, so 3 attacks - 0.84. Indeed, there is no actual need to care about normal attacks.
Is it always use bone spikes? Even in melee range? For example, ice golem can't use cyclone unless there are some small distance. If they can reach with normal attack - they will do normal attack. Might be another reason to switch them, if so. Would be good to get actual result on damage dealt, and if they will be good, maybe get rid of primordial chain to get zombies/skellies and sweet sweet 80% more damage. If so, would be good to get animate guardian with kingmaker for perma fortify.

P.S. Also, probably will add additional primordial harmony instead of eminence, so normal attacks will never be used. With those numbers, while cooldown is slightly longer than 3 attacks, it will still probably start doing triple normal attack right after, and then bone spike again. But that is a matter of finetuning, that we can't do unless we absolutely sure that numbers are legit.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Sep 9, 2019, 2:18:12 PM
With the buffs to minion accuracy I've dropped command of the pit gloves and gone with rare gloves + 20% minion damage craft.

I've also dropped warbanner and switched to precision.

Anyone messing with elemental army support? I've got it linked to my stone golem to apply -10% resist which according to the description should be applied to cold damage taken.
Last edited by elbowfrag on Sep 9, 2019, 6:06:29 PM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
I feel like I'm struggling majorly with this build. It's my first minion build, and I feel like I'm just caught between two builds at the moment. I don't know how people already have all their primordials and primordial chain, I'm LVL 76 and just barely was able to afford two Eminence and a Tabula after doing some resist balancing. I know some of my gear isn't the best, but I feel like I have to save everything to get the jewels (just getting anima stone is going to cost like ~110c). Any tips/suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Profile should be public.

I'll start with the sad facts first. That league is freaking expensive!
Primordial chain that last league was couple of chaos (or even 1 alch, don't remember), now cost freaking exalt. Looking at my other build, their astramentis also cost the fortune, for some reason.
Jewels also, well... they always kinda costly, but not on that level costly. Atleast we don't need the most expensive "might" anymore, and just using feeding frenzy in gem-link, but anima stone and 8 harmonies gonna strip from you everything you have.
So, just a small advice - don't rush it. Slow and steady collect currency and buy all of it one by one. Luckily, our ascendancy is quite universal, with just dual clayshapers and skilltree we can have 6 golems, that already grant us 120% increase damage if you are using some other skill, or 120% golem damage making golems not really that bad. Buffs from golems also would be boosted for atleast 370%, so flame golem will grant you "94% increased damage", instead of just 20%. Etc etc. As long as elementalist have golems, it can do anything.
Just mention though - don't even think about ice golems until you have your shit together - use flame golems with "spell echo + gmp".

Ok, now i covered basics, lets look at your gear.
- You shouldn't have allocated necromantic aegis, when your shield still not something that minions can appreciate.
Might be better to just go with dualwielding clayshapers for now, that shield is absolutely useless right now. With necromantic aegis allocated, you are not even gonna have resistance from it.
- As i already said - scrap ice golems for a moment, and use flame golems.
- why do you have conductivity curse? Well, change it to elemental weakness or flammability when you are using flame golems. Will change into vulnerability when return to ice golems.
- elemental damage with attack skills is useless. It only applies to your attacks, that build use spells. And minions are separated completely. So your first ring only usefull mod is life that you crafted, might as well have blue ring with more health, it would be better.

For now, that's all, i guess.

Ok, I'll take those suggestions. What should I put in Tabula? Flame golems? And what should balance be? 3 flame, chaos, lightning, and stone?
Finally got a good one:
"
Finally got a good one:

Wooo! Where'd it drop for you?
"
"
Finally got a good one:

Wooo! Where'd it drop for you?

Drop an ex in Delve and immediately bought it. The stat is perfect.

Checkout the Ravenous Horde too
"
Minions deal 20% increased Damage
Minions have 5% increased Attack Speed
Minions have 5% increased Cast Speed
Minions have 20% increased Movement Speed
Minions have 10% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill
"
elbowfrag wrote:
With the buffs to minion accuracy I've dropped command of the pit gloves and gone with rare gloves + 20% minion damage craft.

I've also dropped warbanner and switched to precision.

Anyone messing with elemental army support? I've got it linked to my stone golem to apply -10% resist which according to the description should be applied to cold damage taken.

Why do you switch to Precision? War banner increases both accuracy and damage taken by enemy. Why is Precision better?

I think the biggest factor to use command of the pit is because it has better life (100 from jewels + 6%), and minions have % chance to taunt/hinder/blind enemies.

"
Ok, I'll take those suggestions. What should I put in Tabula? Flame golems? And what should balance be? 3 flame, chaos, lightning, and stone?

Well, as long as you don't using primordial harmony, we don't really have that much reason to keep support golems and boost the diversity of the golems.
You can as well go full damage, and just make 6 flame golems. Chaos is good for survivability though, but at this point you should just be "don't get hit and you will be ok". Luckily, summoners builds are quite adept at this. Stone golem though is quite usefull to not mind some small scratches, so they heal by their own, so me myself will probably go with 5 flame + 1 stone, just because QoL.
Lightning is boosting our attack and cast speed, at this point is useless, and will be the first type that you cut off if anything happens.
"
Finally got a good one:

I decided to put "Golem Commander" on the Amulet.
I thought it was a better approach since it saves me 5 points to get more jewels/life earlier.

Is "Ravenous Horde" still better instead of 5 passive points?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info