Reflecting on Past Releases: Part 3

I really hope they decide on more delve with less rewards.
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
I dont know how they will make Betrayal part of future leagues. Without them being in every zone it will take far too long to fill up the progress bars. I guess they could make the encounters similar to how you get 4+ beasts per zone, 3 Sulphite loads, and 3 Incursions per Map. However, this could go horribly wrong.

The progress bar for the safehouse/mastermind encounters are just values; they can easily adjust the amount of needed intelligence, or the amount you get from the syndicate encounters to fit the 'desired' time gap...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
we had to develop a very complex procedural generation system that guaranteed connectivity by nesting different-sized spanning trees together.

Compared to my experiences in the delve league, it seems that now my mine has much less connections between parts of the tree?! (10 and more nodes, even in low depth)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
https://youtu.be/ljxcN9-BFlA
You will never have a better trailer. This story is something special.

"We play for loot and RNG, not for the story" they say, but I am happy to be reminded that the expansion does, in fact, have a good story.
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Jan 10, 2019, 4:16:42 AM
Best patches for me was Prophecy and Breach in my opinion, thanks "Wilson Christ" and angelic dev's xD
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Interesting, so you admit to lying in this manifesto where you say you won't be adding Bestiary to core. Sure it's filled with weasel words, but the message was pretty clear: bestiary would be a pain to support going forward so it's not being added.
Well, that was wrong wasn't it? You added it anyway and probably won't touch it again like every other league mechanic that's ever gone core, and if this news post is to be believed then it was always going to go core, so your manifesto was straight up PR lying for "look how mature they are!" points.
Fucking hell I'm tilted.
Last edited by Hemmingfish on Jan 10, 2019, 6:08:48 AM
Amazing work, dear GGG! Last 3 leagues were just insane in terms of content. POE has never disappointed me since closed beta and now I put all my trust in you, dear GGG! Don’t let the mobile audience and all those shitty pay-to-win practices to take over and I will continue to support you like never before. Cannot wait for 4.0 announcements! I hope we all will have a great journey in 2019, Exiles!
Well done!

About the Delve discussion: Just make niko spawn 3 times each map and lower the sulphurite gain per spot. Even if the average Sulphurite per map keeps the same, it will feel way more rewarding, because you dont have this only-1-spot-disapointment.
Besides that the Sulphurite gain would be a little more constant and less RNG dependant.

/edit:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Interesting, so you admit to lying in this manifesto where you say you won't be adding Bestiary to core. Sure it's filled with weasel words, but the message was pretty clear: bestiary would be a pain to support going forward so it's not being added.
Well, that was wrong wasn't it? You added it anyway and probably won't touch it again like every other league mechanic that's ever gone core, and if this news post is to be believed then it was always going to go core, so your manifesto was straight up PR lying for "look how mature they are!" points.
Fucking hell I'm tilted.

I've just read that post, and i think the important part is written here:
"
As well as not retaining any elements of the league in the core game, you will likely not see Bestiary as a Zana option in the future. However, there may be some parts of Bestiary we will use in future content, and it is possible we would bring Bestiary back for short term events.

They have decided that this "Parts" includes nearly the whole league mechanic.
Besides that, I can't really understand why you are that pissed, because they revised one of their own decisions. Opinions can change, as well as the enviornment.
Maybe the cash flow has become better than expected (maybe tencent is involved here) and they can afford the extra work now.
I like the fact that they have brought beastary back, without its mayor drawback, the nets. They even made jokes about their own mistakes "why have you no nets, exile?".
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on Jan 10, 2019, 8:12:56 AM
"
Hemmingfish wrote:

Direct quote from GGG:

"
While the Bestiary league took a lot of effort to make, and we spent a lot of time improving the league after its release, we have decided not to retain any element of the league in the core game for now.

It's pretty clear that GGG reserved the option of reintroducing bestiary into the core game in the future, which they did in 3.5. It was a welcome addition too, especially now that we'll be able to trade captured beasts after the next patch rolls out.
yes I remember I have all the t-shirts Too bad I wore an washed the Grand Masters one a few times I sure wish I could get it replaced ! Can't Wait till the Hoodie gets here :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info