[3.10] Spidermancer | Arakaali's Fang Necromancer | Everything dead in 3ex | Level 100 reached

Great build and feedback. I've used your build as a starting point for blight and have had great success.

Question on aura and minion mechanics for you. How would Anger stack with the minion speed in comparison to dread banner's impale bonus?

I was running Malevolence, Hatred(free), clarity (lvl 1 with watchers eye mom), dread banner, haste, and aspect of the spider. I then managed a level 4 enlighten and a reduced malevolence reserve helm enchant that allows me to drop dread banner for an additional 50% aura. Anger would work well with EE, but I'm not really stacking ele in any other way.

I also lose a level 4 empower against Malevolance and haste by adding in Anger, so the math gets tricky. Interested to hear your thoughts.
Last edited by Vakence on Nov 1, 2019, 9:16:38 PM
Spoiler
"
Vakence wrote:
Great build and feedback. I've used your build as a starting point for blight and have had great success.

Question on aura and minion mechanics for you. How would Anger stack with the minion speed in comparison to dread banner's impale bonus?

I was running Malevolence, Hatred(free), clarity (lvl 1 with watchers eye mom), dread banner, haste, and aspect of the spider. I then managed a level 4 enlighten and a reduced malevolence reserve helm enchant that allows me to drop dread banner for an additional 50% aura. Anger would work well with EE, but I'm not really stacking ele in any other way.

I also lose a level 4 empower against Malevolance and haste by adding in Anger, so the math gets tricky. Interested to hear your thoughts.

If you want to run another aura i'd do skitter bots, better than flat added fire that anger offers. shock wont speed up pack clears much, just help with rares/bosses.

First thing you should consider is go get grip of the council gloves, you are missing out on 20% phys as added cold then that cold scales more with hatred that you are already running and the EE on top.

If your goal is more damage, swap in frenzy+power ape spectres, drop victaros flight and pickup a cheap 5-20c Citaqualotl mod 70%+ minion damage, 5% minion double damage scepter with open suffix, craft minion attack speed.

You could double your dps if you need it but you have 4m shaper dps and thats not bad,more than enough to clear all content. Maxed out spiders can hit 15m shaper dps

example gloves and scepter
Spoiler
Thanks for the response! I've been running anger for a bit just to see how it looks. Right now, it's not a big boost. I'm very slot starved, or I'd run some defensive auras just to help with survivability instead along with dread banner.

I have a nice set of council gloves in stash, but my resists ride the edge so I haven't been able to swap them in. Both fire and lightning are barely maxed. If it's worth dropping the shield for, I could swap out charity for a nice defensive one and likely be able to pull them in. Didn't make it a priority as I was clearing content, but it wouldn't be hard to manage.

I'm assuming grip is a higher priority than the charges from charity? I'll miss my glowing minions though ;)
You will still get power and frenzy charges if you use specters (apes) so you still get the glow.

If resists are an issue look for a scepter that has a resist roll or 2 on it as well to help, changing it out in place of a victarios charity frees up skill points that you can place into defense and boosts your dps by about 25%.
Grip of the council will give you about a 8-9% dps increase so you get more out of dropping the shield for a damage offhand
Great build.

I have made some adjustments so I don't have to do the worm trick to raise spiders. I am using the Speaker's Wreath so my minions can not kill enemies, and I put zombies gems on my body armor, with poison support so the DOT kill the enemy and count as a kill for me (and raise a spider).

Also I use Mon'tregul's Grasp so I raise 4 giant zombies that almost never dies. The zombies are usefull because they are slower than the spiders, thus they stay closed to me and protect me while the spider clear the map. And when the spiders timeout, they raise new one I don't even notice.

I still use Desecrate to get corpses to raise the first zombies.

My favorite build so far! Thanks Skyscan
"
the_potatoe wrote:
You will still get power and frenzy charges if you use specters (apes) so you still get the glow.

If resists are an issue look for a scepter that has a resist roll or 2 on it as well to help, changing it out in place of a victarios charity frees up skill points that you can place into defense and boosts your dps by about 25%.
Grip of the council will give you about a 8-9% dps increase so you get more out of dropping the shield for a damage offhand

Thanks for the advice. You were certainly right about the charity/aegis not really adding much. I swapped out the shield for a minion damage one-hander I had up for trade and then upgraded once something with some suffix resists came available. In all, with the extra skill points and the freed resists, I was able to increase minion attack speed by 12% (after deducting the frenzy loss) and minion damage went up ~100%.

I don't use spectres at all, so apes don't help me. I'm 100% spiders, auras, and curses with some CODT and a movement skill thrown in. I have a vaal skele on standby if I mis-click a spider spawn.

At this point, it's not clear to me if swapping to grip is worth it. I lose about 50 base life by doing so and I'm enjoying running around with about 10.5k effective life. I likely won't try it out until I ding 97 and get another free skill point to play with.

Right now, both clear speed and bossing are very smooth. Can really feel the difference with the extra damage.

Thank you for this build and this discovery in my case. But I have some small problems to make spiders appear from Desecrate. Can you detail the procedure to follow to obtain a constant result? Thank you
"
KaféNoar wrote:
Thank you for this build and this discovery in my case. But I have some small problems to make spiders appear from Desecrate. Can you detail the procedure to follow to obtain a constant result? Thank you

1) Link Desecrate-Spell Cascade.
2) Cast Desecrate.
3) Pop Writhing Jar.
4) YOU have to kill the worm. If minions kill it then it won't count. Spell or basic attack works.
5) Spiders pop out from corpses.

As for me:
I've always hated spectres, but I'm bad at PoB so I'm afraid I'll mess the whole build up if I start tinkering. I also am a fan of unique-heavy builds and I saw a lot of those in recommended gears.

If budget's no problem, could someone give me a pastebin link with:
1) as many uniques in as possible without harming the build
2) NO SPECTRES (sorry but I can't stand these things)

Also,I'm really interested in that Speaker's Wreath variant but I have no idea how to build it. Help please?
Last edited by sqvirel on Nov 14, 2019, 8:41:03 AM

Thank you for your answer, but how to kill worms? We have any Hit Skill .....

"
KaféNoar wrote:

Thank you for your answer, but how to kill worms? We have any Hit Skill .....

We do, it's mentioned in the "Gem Guide" section:

Temporal Chains - Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Inc AOE

I do it like this:(in order)

Desecate -> Orb of Storms -> Writhing Jar

This way when I pop worm it lands in the area of OoS and dies immediately. I don't always get full 20 spiders, more like 18, but I get the remainder when I'm on map. (mind you, I'm still below lv 70 and I don't have all equipment yet)
Last edited by sqvirel on Nov 15, 2019, 3:35:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info