[3.10] Spidermancer | Arakaali's Fang Necromancer | Everything dead in 3ex | Level 100 reached

I know these kind of posts might be tedious but I'd love some guidance as in what I need to sort out with my gear,

Obviously 6L with correct gems and all. I also wonder when/why do I go Withering Touch in the arakaalis fang?
And I do feel like I die easily to hard hits, maybe I need to drop my sheild for a elder CWDT Shield?

Spoiler
"
I know these kind of posts might be tedious but I'd love some guidance as in what I need to sort out with my gear,

Obviously 6L with correct gems and all. I also wonder when/why do I go Withering Touch in the arakaalis fang?
And I do feel like I die easily to hard hits, maybe I need to drop my sheild for a elder CWDT Shield?

Spoiler

You dont need a 6link in the chest.
You have Solstice Vigil, so what is the point of orb of storms?

ALso you have aspect of the AVIAN. You want Aspect of the SPIDER. We are a Spider build after all. But for real, you want ASPECT OF THE SPIDER.

Withering Touch is just plain more Dmg if you account for the main source of the dmg: Poison.

If you have some more currency you could min max and get some stats on rings, belt and boots while keeping your resistances capped, that would save you some points on the tree and get some more dmg elsewhere.
Idealy you also would want minion movement speed on the rings. That would make the build stronger and feel more smooth.

Would I want to swap any gem combos over my gear though? I feel like I need CWDT in order to dodge some 1 shot mechanics.

Also, about me running spectres, I've realised that I dont need em when I run Victarios Charity,
I do still need the orb of storms to apply the EO.

Ive tried getting spider craft myself but failed it early on this char and lost all the curr. Been a little lucky past day so I got about 6 ex worth to sell.

My main question would be. How do I make my character better and what are the steps to do so?

What do I change first and so on so I know where to set my goals.

Edit Ive also noticed that hatred has been swapped for Malevolence on the creators character. is that something Id want to do as well? and replace the melee phys in my weapon with Withering Touch?

Edit 2:

I just crafted this, holy shit :D

Even got an imprint on CWDT + 102 hp left over
Last edited by BertilFalukorv on Apr 6, 2019, 1:23:38 PM
Is EE a left over from when we were using hatred? Not sure I see the need for it anymore.

Also curious if specters are even worth it since they were nerfed.
Hey man, since we using malevolance and withering isint it better to swap all phys dmg from abys jewels to chaos damage?
Also, what watcher eye on malevolance is worth taking with haste? Or some good clarity perk?

"

Edit 2:

I just crafted this, holy shit :D

Even got an imprint on CWDT + 102 hp left over

GZ

"
Also, about me running spectres, I've realised that I dont need em when I run Victarios Charity,
I do still need the orb of storms to apply the EO.

EO? As in Elemental Overload? Doesnt do anything for us.

EE? Elemental Equilibrium? We no longer use hatred and thus do no longer profit from triggering EE.
"
Would I want to swap any gem combos over my gear though? I feel like I need CWDT in order to dodge some 1 shot mechanics.

what we COULD do is get a second curse and apply it either through Blasphemy or Orb or Storms. If dmg is an issue Enfeeble would be a good choice.

"
Ive tried getting spider craft myself but failed it early on this char and lost all the curr. Been a little lucky past day so I got about 6 ex worth to sell.

As Ive said before your ring has Aspect of the AVIAN. That is NOT ASPECT OF THE SPIDER. You NEED Aspect of the SPIDER. Do this ASAP.

In case you are not familiar with how to do this:
Get a ring with an OPEN SUFFIX. Buy a captured spider from the market, use it to add it to your bestiary, put the ring, belt or bloots you want to add it to into the altar, defeat it in the arena (if you cant do it yourself bring someone who can, CI characters have an easy time with it), to add the Aspect of the Spider stat to your ring.

This should not cost you more than 40c for the Spider. The ring should be affordable and by that i mean 1-20c. NOT MORE if it isnt an essence crafted ring or one with at least 4 T1 rolls.

"
My main question would be. How do I make my character better and what are the steps to do so?

What do I change first and so on so I know where to set my goals.

Edit Ive also noticed that hatred has been swapped for Malevolence on the creators character. is that something Id want to do as well? and replace the melee phys in my weapon with Withering Touch?

1. Swap melee physical damage for withering touch. With makes the enemy take more chaos dmg and reduces their speed, so it isnt just supperiour dmg, its also supperior defense.
2. Swap Hatred for Malevolence in the Helmet.
3. Get Aspect of the SPIDER. I'd put this first but the other two changes take you seconds and should cost nearly nothing, while this is a few minutes work and requires some currency.
"
Hey man, since we using malevolance and withering isint it better to swap all phys dmg from abys jewels to chaos damage?
Also, what watcher eye on malevolance is worth taking with haste? Or some good clarity perk?

Poison is an ailment that is calculated from the hits physical and chaos dmg. Minions dealing additional chaos instead of chaos dmg wouldnt yield greater poison Dmg if the flat amounts of added dmg werent higher.

Sadly the Watcher's Eye Mods dont do much for us. I was wondering if the Malevolence Mod works for us, but it doesnt seem the case. It's not on PoB yet, so I can't say for sure.

I think the Watcher's Eye just isn't doing enough for us on this version of the build. I'd love to be wrong about this though.
Awesome guide! I've been trying a LL variant of this on Occy, been pretty fun so far!

I have a few questions regarding spectres because I'm not used to how they work. I heard somewhere that the zone level that you summon the spectres from will effect how strong they are? Is that outdated info? (The Act 2 one i get seems to die super quick, but might be cause my spectre gem is still low level)

Also is there either a way to see the name of the spectre I summoned, or some way to confirm if i have the right spectres?

Edit: Additonally, is there a trick to making sure you summon the right spectres? I think i've seen the correct ones but it's hard to make sure to raise the correct one

EDIT2: Found this really helpful guide on how to raise spectres, helped me solve all my questions above. Would highly recommend putting this somewhere in the guide, to help other readers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bZuHDW73w

Alternative Question!

Occasionally when summoning the spiders with Descrated ground + Flask, I run into this situation where only 15-16 spiders get summoned. Does anybody know why this happens? is it because my character is not close enough to the corpses?

Last edited by itsT on Apr 10, 2019, 2:27:28 AM
@Rakschas666 And anyone else for that matter

I've followed your advice and sorted some of the gear, I'll post an update of it in the spoiler below

Spoiler

I managed to craft this:
on my first essence and I guess that's good enough, I guess I'll just add life to it, if not what else should I look for.

Regarding the shield I crafted (Linked above, don't have it in my inventory atm can edit it in this post when possible) I wonder what I should do with it? Before I can use it I need to sort my other ring to balance the resists as I'm quite starved on it atm. Maybe I need to get a new set of boots but that's a bit problematic as I rely a lot on its nice dex boost.

Best regards.

Edit: I'm now wearing the shield and I readjusted my tree to look liek yours, now I got problem reserving my last aura and I dont see why, I'm running the same gem setup as you and I got the exact same mana reserved nodes as you do. What am I doing wrong?

Edit2: Changed back tree so I got Leadership node (just above necromantic aegis) I still don't understand how you can reserve an aura more than me though.

Edit3: Apparantly I had clarity on lvl 3, which was my problem. Still curious as what to do with my shield:

Last edited by BertilFalukorv on Apr 10, 2019, 12:59:22 AM
"
1. Swap melee physical damage for withering touch. With makes the enemy take more chaos dmg and reduces their speed, so it isnt just supperiour dmg, its also supperior defense.

withering touch only makes them take more chaos dmg. it doesn't reduce enemy speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info