[3.10] Spidermancer | Arakaali's Fang Necromancer | Everything dead in 3ex | Level 100 reached

"
Keyen wrote:
"
NecropK wrote:
Ya i dunno, I guess when I read his guide/setup I took his word thinking that chaos conversion may be best for this build in its current state. Maybe the builds just dead I dunno, as much as I hate to say that because I really wanted to play it. Maybe I will just stay with golems they way everything is now sounding.

Chaos conversion is bad for several reasons:
-It's a huge pain to reduce chaos res (He doesn't even try in his build). While he is right about elemental res being higher than chaos res, he conveniently forget about means to reduce elemental res are just everywhere. On a minion build, it's incredibly easy to get 90%+ elemental res reduction. Meanwhile, for a chaos build, once despair (-10% chaos res) is used... you have basically nothing else easily available.
-The reflect is pointless if we are talking about arakaali
-Wither is shit compared to impale + increased physical taken or compared to hatred + cold pen.
-Bypassing ES is cute, but completely anecdotical (and end games bosses have chaos damage which doesn't bypass ES).

The build is far from dead, it just need evolution, and none of the guides currently done here exploit properly cluster jewels. I mean, look at the pob, look at the dps it does, look at the conditions required to deal this dps, and try to find flaws. I won't say there is none, but everything is here.

I agree with most of this, but realistically how many cluster nodes can we get? And with however many, how much defense or life are we dropping to reach them. And then even after all that, is it going to even be better or able to compete with other summoner builds?
Last edited by NecropK on Apr 2, 2020, 6:08:17 PM
"
NecropK wrote:
"
Keyen wrote:
"
NecropK wrote:
Ya i dunno, I guess when I read his guide/setup I took his word thinking that chaos conversion may be best for this build in its current state. Maybe the builds just dead I dunno, as much as I hate to say that because I really wanted to play it. Maybe I will just stay with golems they way everything is now sounding.

Chaos conversion is bad for several reasons:
-It's a huge pain to reduce chaos res (He doesn't even try in his build). While he is right about elemental res being higher than chaos res, he conveniently forget about means to reduce elemental res are just everywhere. On a minion build, it's incredibly easy to get 90%+ elemental res reduction. Meanwhile, for a chaos build, once despair (-10% chaos res) is used... you have basically nothing else easily available.
-The reflect is pointless if we are talking about arakaali
-Wither is shit compared to impale + increased physical taken or compared to hatred + cold pen.
-Bypassing ES is cute, but completely anecdotical (and end games bosses have chaos damage which doesn't bypass ES).

The build is far from dead, it just need evolution, and none of the guides currently done here exploit properly cluster jewels. I mean, look at the pob, look at the dps it does, look at the conditions required to deal this dps, and try to find flaws. I won't say there is none, but everything is here.

I agree with most of this, but realistically how many cluster nodes can we get? And with however many, how much defense or life are we dropping to reach them.

In the pob, I have 3 clusters, 157% life from the tree, and 9 additional jewel sockets (so 9*7% increased life in it, so the life is not that low). We are basically dropping very little defenses or life. In exchange, we get two additional defenses, first, endurance charges permanently, and second, a huge life regen on command (1500-2000 hp/s), with a cd inferior to the duration. And unlike most people, I live by bone offering, so I don't need flesh offering to inflate my pob dps.

For the question if it's going to be performing better than other summoning builds, I will just point out three huge advantages:
-Minions are invulnerables, and in delirium, it's a huge boon
-Spiders are crazily aggressive, and will look out for enemies even out of the screen (unlike most minions, especially with feeding frenzy basically dead in a main link)
-You are clearing like crazy with abyssal cry.

Maybe it won't be "the best" minion build (and I don't pretend it would be), but the dps is great, the conditions very low, and the build is not that expensive.
Last edited by Keyen on Apr 2, 2020, 6:15:14 PM
Is that the pob you linked earlier? I def wanna check it out. Prolly give it a go and see how it feels vs the golems i run now. Which passives did you go with on the clusters? Also how much ehp?
Last edited by NecropK on Apr 2, 2020, 6:56:09 PM
using it right now, it feels fine for me. still have to fight sirus with it tho
"
painangel wrote:
using it right now, it feels fine for me. still have to fight sirus with it tho

Sirus this season is actually pretty tough. Im glad im playing sc this league because I usually play hc league and only boss that ripped me was UE because of a dumb mistake. Sirus was a joke but now his last phase is no joke. And getting off screened by his die beam is really dumb.
Last edited by NecropK on Apr 2, 2020, 10:09:53 PM
So I am currently trying keyens version of the build going all clusters, with some slight changes but not much. TBH it actually feels very good. Clear is really good with cries, and bosses go down pretty quick. Mapping feels really good including bosses. I also just killed shaper guardians and shaper pretty easily. Ill throw a link up to the shaper fight if anyone cares to see how his version plays. Trying to spawn Sirus 8 now and want to do elder and ue to see how they feel. I think I would like to get some more ehp though.
Last edited by NecropK on Apr 3, 2020, 3:01:35 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
"
NecropK wrote:

Ya I am playing a stone golem build right now. I switched to spiders for a bit hoping they would be ok, but didnt feel good for the most part. I am actually about to try the spiders again with full chaos conversion with 4 white triad grips and saqawals nest with aspect of avian to get 25% chance at dealing double damage. This combined with baron and 6 linked zombies. I think it was angry rollplayers build. But this is pretty much last resort for spiders I think. Because if this doesnt work I just dont know what would. And really only going to try this because I got a bottle faith drop from cortex last night and can fund it.

I'm posting it here as well (since it looks like you don't see any possibilities with arakaali), but I believe going full cluster jewels is the way to go right now. Like REALLY going full cluster jewels (aka zero minion nodes in the regular tree). The spider nerf was really significant in 3.10 (-38% damage), but you can do much higher damage than before with cluster jewels (aka rotten claws, cry wolf and renewal, lot of copies). I'm hitting 13M dps after removing a lot of damage from my initial draft (no spectre, no carrion golem, no feeding frenzy, no other minion at all btw. I was over 16M dps at first, but the defenses and QOL sucked hard) and with very few requirements (basically, you being close enough for pride, war banner and some hits for maim). The "in fight summon" is also very easy since you have no other minions. Just pop desecrate, the jar and cyclone and it's done.

The build also feature:
-Elemental ailment removal on writing jar (and some passive charge regen even without ryslatha)
-High uptime 40% less damage fortify and adrenaline (if you remove generosity on banner, lowering the damage to 12,4M). If you get high roll perfidy, it's actually close to 50%.
-A very good life regeneration (around 1K5-2K) and the possibility to play with bone offering on top of that.
-No switch required between clearing and bossing...
-Because the clearing is done with abyssal cry (dealing 65% mob life on explosion, with 270% increased aoe), triggered by al dhih (which is not a dead weapon, as it gives a fair amount of damage, attack speed and life regen), which is incredible in delirium.
-However, a shield switch for bossing is very easy to do and won't hurt the build at all (well, maybe the regen a bit)
-I don't think it's very expensive, as you don't even need 8 passives large jewels, the 9 passives are working almost the same (you lose 5% increased damage per large jewel, 15% total).
-A version without war banner and perfidy is also possible (for instance for a 25% increased offering effect to try to reach the block cap), but you will lose even more damage. May be worth it in some case.
-As cons, it has a lot of buttons to push all the time (warcries, especially), so some people may dislike that. I tried to automate as much as possible.

https://pastebin.com/cTNJUCLM (Generosity disabled)

For the (quite cheap) price, the build has almost twice the dps of every arakaali build posted on this forum currently (and tbh, I found the build from
angry rollplayer quite mediocre since the chaos conversion is really bad compared to physical/cold). And it's without frenzy charge or other highly theorical buff (given the life expectancy of specters in delirium) on spiders x)

Here is the full shaper run from start to finish. Im still getting used to the build and everything so not perfect. But easily deathless. The video might still be loading.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15UzXwIfU6EkY8BpCCevh1azaMLNv2oUr/view?usp=drivesdk
Last edited by NecropK on Apr 3, 2020, 4:33:39 PM
Wait, you are not using rallying cry? That's 615% increased damage for your spiders. It will feel like day and night (it's the core of the build dps). It will also pump abyssal cry explosion by a lot.

Edit: Nvm, you do use it, but you should aim for 100% uptime. It's the most important factor to improve here, and the duration is high enough so you don't have to bother much about it^^

BTW, you don't need anti freeze flasks, writhing jar remove elemental ailment with essence extraction.
Last edited by Keyen on Apr 3, 2020, 5:25:01 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
Wait, you are not using rallying cry? That's 615% increased damage for your spiders. It will feel like day and night (it's the core of the build dps). It will also pump abyssal cry explosion by a lot.

Edit: Nvm, you do use it, but you should aim for 100% uptime. It's the most important factor to improve here, and the duration is high enough so you don't have to bother much about it^^

BTW, you don't need anti freeze flasks, writhing jar remove elemental ailment with essence extraction.

Ya, wasnt 100% on flask setup. Kinda just threw it together. Also I never play cries so ya I need to keep them up for sure. And I want to switch gear out to get more chaos res and vulnerability ring.
"
NecropK wrote:
"
Keyen wrote:

Ya, wasnt 100% on flask setup. Kinda just threw it together. Also I never play cries so ya I need to keep them up for sure. And I want to switch gear out to get more chaos res and vulnerability ring.

Anyway, well done, that was still very good.

I will be able to start maps tomorrow, so I will be able to see the potentials problems and try to correct them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info