[3.7] Vaal Spark Pathfinder - Just run through content (MF Option)

"
Erayo wrote:
Fml.. Still debating on this vs a ts build.

Vaal spark is so fucking nice. Just cruising through maps without the cobstant stuttering of bow attacks.

But I am still kind of concerned how it works vs legion monoliths. I mean, you don't generate any charges from the "frozen in time" mobs, right?

So you need to clear a bit, stack up 5 charges and then pop the monolith?

Not entirely. You can run a chill of corruption and when you are breaking out the guys they can still shatter and generate charges. I am still leveling the build, but ~45 atm and I am able to clear the monoliths with 2-3 vaal sparks just off the charges from chill of corruption and the soul catcher. Seems like it should probably wreck low tier monoliths for what I have planned if it is already doing it with leveling gear and less than half the talents.
"
MrPersona wrote:

Hello again,

Today I went and finished Uber lab,got myself another -20% vaal cost and changed the flask for one with 40% and boy oh boy, this build is FAST, I don't know if I have enough finger to keep spamming flask and charges of spark. I still need a 6L QotF, and some better dagger, but I can sure do maps T5~T8 with no problem.

Don't mind the guy talking sh*t, he don't have currency to bank the itens, is quite a expensive build (6~8 ex ish).

Again, thank you for the guide and for your time answering the forum post.

May the drops be on your side.

Thanks! Glad to you see you're enjoying the build! :D

"
Erayo wrote:

Vaal spark is so fucking nice. Just cruising through maps without the cobstant stuttering of bow attacks.

But I am still kind of concerned how it works vs legion monoliths. I mean, you don't generate any charges from the "frozen in time" mobs, right?

As SyntheticTim said, you'd need a Chill of Corruption Jewel for the build to generate vaal charges during the first phase of the monolith (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chill_of_Corruption).
Several people reported that this is working so you should give it a try (I haven't played the build in Legion yet). :)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
"
SyntheticTim wrote:
"
Erayo wrote:

Not entirely. You can run a chill of corruption and when you are breaking out the guys they can still shatter and generate charges. I am still leveling the build, but ~45 atm and I am able to clear the monoliths with 2-3 vaal sparks just off the charges from chill of corruption and the soul catcher. Seems like it should probably wreck low tier monoliths for what I have planned if it is already doing it with leveling gear and less than half the talents.

That sounds fucking awesome!

I'll put my ts deadeye on hold then.

So, staff or dual daggers? I ran dual daggers in synthesis. But I'd imagine a 6l staff would be nice for a 6l storm call setup for the tougher rares in the monoliths.
"
Erayo wrote:
"
SyntheticTim wrote:
"
Erayo wrote:

That sounds fucking awesome!

I'll put my ts deadeye on hold then.

So, staff or dual daggers? I ran dual daggers in synthesis. But I'd imagine a 6l staff would be nice for a 6l storm call setup for the tougher rares in the monoliths.

I am running staff and the single target poofs T10 bosses with any map mods (I am not running MF gear though). It also gives you the "Serpent Stance" wheel above MOM.

Additionally, I am not running chill of corruption, yet seem to somehow generate charges on the "frozen in time" mobs.
hey im running this as a trickster.
i want to have:
bleed curse freeze schock immunity + sould catcher.
AND movement speed on my movement speed flask.
is there any way to get schock/freeze immuity somehow?
besides cannot be frozen on boots ?
i only find like 2 pair on poe trade and they suck :>
thanks alot
Last edited by trytoownyou on Jun 26, 2019, 2:37:16 PM
"
is there any way to get schock/freeze immuity somehow?
besides cannot be frozen on boots ?
Inpulsa for shock, dream fragments for freeze if you really want to get easy immunity.

You can also craft cannot be chilled on boots but it's a veiled mod and has less movespeed than normal boots (and cannot be crafted on movespeed boots) so it's not that great.
Even if i'm not fully transited to Vaal Spark (that's my goal here), today was a little bit of frustration...
Until i get my QoTF 6-Linked i keep my Eternity Shroud, and still using Spark for the moment.

But today, i got obliterated (really obliterated) by thoses Spikes (who's spit chaos spikes i guess?) in Alva temple. I mean, almost every single encounter... Entering a room, one step.. PEW. Opening a door... PEW, at one point and after around 6 deaths, i really though i was gonna smash my desk. Not usually my style to get that tilted.
I'm not fully optimized or whatever, that's a thing but still. How do you approach temple? (because they are pretty regularly here)
More chaos res? Just based on evasion and yolo?

edit : Oh, and Spark not casting ANY spooders when you're too close to a wall, that's a pretty nice thing too... especially on a small bridge, trying to reach the other side to hit targets... <3
Last edited by Ae_Evo on Jun 27, 2019, 11:34:48 AM
"
Ae_Evo wrote:
But today, i got obliterated (really obliterated) by thoses Spikes (who's spit chaos spikes i guess?) in Alva temple. I mean, almost every single encounter... Entering a room, one step.. PEW. Opening a door... PEW, at one point and after around 6 deaths, i really though i was gonna smash my desk. Not usually my style to get that tilted.
I'm not fully optimized or whatever, that's a thing but still. How do you approach temple? (because they are pretty regularly here)
Same happened to me on my ranger so I started digging around on reddit, found some posts back from incursion times, apparently these pests cast spells that are physical partially converted to chaos, so the only things that help is chaos res, physical damage reduction in any form or spell dodge, evasion doesn't work because it's not a ranged attack, it's a spell.
hello OP , would this also work on a SCION ? im trying to reroll my 93 scion, and im not sure whether i desperately need a ranger? if possible could you or someone else link me a scion version POB pastebin ?
"
Ae_Evo wrote:
Even if i'm not fully transited to Vaal Spark (that's my goal here), today was a little bit of frustration...
Until i get my QoTF 6-Linked i keep my Eternity Shroud, and still using Spark for the moment.

edit : Oh, and Spark not casting ANY spooders when you're too close to a wall, that's a pretty nice thing too... especially on a small bridge, trying to reach the other side to hit targets... <3

Maybe when you fully transition to Vaal Spark it would be better. The spiders are fast with the helmet enchant, so maybe they could freeze the mobs before they hit you ^^'

"
hello OP , would this also work on a SCION ? im trying to reroll my 93 scion, and im not sure whether i desperately need a ranger? if possible could you or someone else link me a scion version POB pastebin ?

I wouldn't recommend doing it on a scion. Pathfinder is just so much QoL!
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info