Need help for Uber Lab (lvl 84 Berserker)

Boots has strength which means an extra melee physical damage.
Dropping Quick recovery can´t make any significant difference but you have changed boots = life lost.
boot swapping costed me only around 300 life, that alone cant make the difference. i died 3 times yesterday, compared to no times the last three days.
i noticed a big difference even in the lab. last days i could run straight trough the traps, without any noticable damage. now i often need life flasks.
i think that could have to do a bit with the speed dropping from +30 to normal.
but that factor shouldnt count in maps.

i dont completely rule out that it were just maps with unfavorable parameters. and it was one Tier 11 besides the normal Tier 10 maps. didnt felt any different till i got to the bossfight.

tomorrow i will test my actual boots and kaoms roots to compare. just standing in the labs mob and see if it makes a difference.
propably invest "heavy" (have 300 chaos to spend) in another body armour.
will also check for better flasks

at least that makes my decission easy how to spend the next passives.
will all go to life or life leech.
damage is now at 260k buffed, even with a few lvl 18/19 games with 0% quality (and still endu on hit).
so there is room to improve
Last edited by LoTharios on Jan 18, 2019, 3:47:04 AM
"
Completed 16 ChallengesLoTharios wrote:
boot swapping costed me only around 300 life, that alone cant make the difference. i died 3 times yesterday, compared to no times the last three days.
i noticed a big difference even in the lab. last days i could run straight trough the traps, without any noticable damage. now i often need life flasks.
i think that could have to do a bit with the speed dropping from +30 to normal.
but that factor shouldnt count in maps.


I think you got it.
Btw link leap slam with faster attack to move faster.

Btw I would save currency for Loreweave chest.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jan 19, 2019, 9:13:35 AM
I don’t think anybody told you how to make lab traps a lot easier. Set your Pantheons to Soul of Arakaali (5% reduced DoT) and Soul of Ralakesh (25% chance to avoid bleeding and 25% reduced physical DoT while moving). That’s 30% less damage you take while running through all the moving traps. That and a staunching quicksilver get me through traps on pretty much every build. And don’t skip any darkshrines. One is 50% less trap damage and one is disable traps in final fight. Odds are good you’ll get one of those if you get all the darkshrines.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jan 18, 2019, 2:26:02 PM
hello
i cant siwtch my pantheons skills.
i would loose to much power for my build only to deal with the traps.

dont get me wrong, i have no problems at all to farm uber lab now.
i just noticed a difference after switching a few passive points and boots.
beforep i would loose 5% life running through the traps.
after switching it was around 20%. so easy managable even without lifeflasks.
just felt less tankie and i wanted to know why.

i want to understand how the mechanics work to make less mistakes at future builds.
f.e. whats the difference between more life vs higher resistances vs more lifeleech.
right now i do what rakiii teels me or what i learn on build guides.
but honestly, i often just have a grasp of an idea how it works, far away from knowing.
thats why im asking nooblike questions for tiny "problems" i face.


but anyway, thanks for your reply!
"
Completed 16 ChallengesLoTharios wrote:
hello
i cant siwtch my pantheons skills.
i would loose to much power for my build only to deal with the traps.


You can switch Pantheon in town whenever you want (by not during the fight yes).

"
Completed 16 ChallengesLoTharios wrote:
i want to understand how the mechanics work to make less mistakes at future builds.
f.e. whats the difference between more life vs higher resistances vs more lifeleech.
right now i do what rakiii teels me or what i learn on build guides.
but honestly, i often just have a grasp of an idea how it works, far away from knowing. thats why im asking nooblike questions for tiny "problems" i face.
but anyway, thanks for your reply!


Are you familiar with Path of building planner? (if not download it and try it)
It´s pretty good tool to test things before changing them in the game (easy to upload a build and test different things).

You can find lots of good info (about defense, leech, …) on the Wiki (usually accurate).

Life vs Resistance comparison is quite easy.
Lets pretend 1000 elemental damage taken (physical damage works in a different way)

75 resistance - 250 damage taken
50 resistance - 500 damage taken
0 resistance - 1000 damage taken
Having 75 resistance (soft capped) is four times better than having 0 resistance.

In other words

Having 10 000 life and 0 resistance is equal having 2500 life and 75 resistance
or 1000 life with 90 max resistance (having max resistance requires specific things).

Loreweave chest with 80% maximum resistance (ele res is capped at 80) would be an extra 20% elemental mitigation for your build! (also less life degen from the weapons)
75% elemental resistance vs 80% max resistance (5% max over softcap)
yep, have pob and know that i COULD change pantheon. what i meant is, that i favor other skills more than the anti trap and anti dot skills.

i also understand the basic concepts of life/resistance and ev/es/armour.
but i would lie if i say i know in which situation is what the best.
lot to learn i have... :yodavoice


im german so im happy if you guys understand what i mean in general.
small misscomunications like this one are expected :)
Last edited by LoTharios on Jan 19, 2019, 12:17:18 PM
Which Pantheons are you using that give you so mich power? From my experience, they are a nice defensive bonus, but would say they usually don’t make a build much more powerful.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info