[3.8] Yet another Poet's Pen Volatile Dead boss tank - 8-10k/s life leech rate - 1M+ shaper DPS

Nevermind. I was confused about resists in PoB and balancing for Wise Oak. But you have the flasks enabled already.
Last edited by Superness on Jul 27, 2019, 6:00:38 PM
Cooldown buffed (more DPS), desecrate buffed, build update incoming, will check out necro as well, old build should still work
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Wounder how much the target APS for dual wield... i read 7.6 APS for old PP and ive asked reddit and a random guy said like 13 aps for dualwield... i don't get it how everyone calculate this APS :<
"
mojito000 wrote:
Wounder how much the target APS for dual wield... i read 7.6 APS for old PP and ive asked reddit and a random guy said like 13 aps for dualwield... i don't get it how everyone calculate this APS :<

old cooldown 0.25, so theoretical 1 / 0.25 = 4 APS max, dual wield needs double that, so 8, but in practice only a bit under that works, so thats why it was around 7.6

new is 1 / 0.15 = 6.66 dual wield x2 = 13.33, and in pracice it will be a bit lower, 13ish
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
While I suspect the new necromancer is not worth trading potential damage compared to scion leech. I'm eagerly awaiting some math in the next few days.

Poets prices will likely be an exalted for a little while. What do you think of selfcast VD with desecrate until you gear up?
"
ryukenden wrote:
While I suspect the new necromancer is not worth trading potential damage compared to scion leech. I'm eagerly awaiting some math in the next few days.

Poets prices will likely be an exalted for a little while. What do you think of selfcast VD with desecrate until you gear up?

I'd personnally go with some simple self cast fire spell, but that's me
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
2 cents:

Desecrate vs Unearth.
I'm reconsidering of using Unearth in favor of Desecrate. Reasons is because Desecrate has lvl100 corpse compared to lvl80(Unearth). Patch 3.8 made it spammable.

MH: Desecrate + cascade + TBD
OH: VD + cascade + concentrate

Not sure how the net DPS compares.

Notes:
I didn't use bodyswap because the skill is uncontrollable (not like that matters if you can face tank but whatever).
I wonder if the new poets pen rework will work with vd as the spell trigger now is at the end of the animation or when you finish attack, how this gonna work any ideas?

I wonder if the new poets pen rework will work with vd as the spell trigger now is at the end of the animation or when you finish attack, how this gonna work any ideas?

-
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Sep 7, 2019, 3:00:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info