[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

hey, i was going through the guide, and I didn't catch what are the condition to run 2 curse. I mean i know there is the node on the tree for extra curse + amulet for -100% mana reserved on temporal chain.
But my question is, what are the condition to take this setup ? is it an optional 2nd high budget path ? or can i go straight for it with a lvl 90 char ? What are the benefits/downside of 1 or 2 curses ?
Last edited by AcidCitrus on Jan 21, 2019, 4:28:52 PM
"
AcidCitrus wrote:
hey, i was going through the guide, and I didn't catch what are the condition to run 2 curse. I mean i know there is the node on the tree for extra curse + amulet for -100% mana reserved on temporal chain.
But my question is, what are the condition to take this setup ? is it an optional 2nd high budget path ? or can i go straight for it with a lvl 90 char ? What are the benefits/downside of 1 or 2 curses ?

In my opinion you can start with a 2 curse setup. If mana reservation is a problem, you can use a Heretic's Veil helmet and put Temporal Chains and Enfeeble in it to reduce the amount of mana each curse reserves. You should be able to use both curses AND discipline without an Enlighten gem. You will need the mana reservation node on the skill tree though.

Once you are at a comfortable place with the build and are looking to upgrade more, here is where the Solstice Vigil amulet is an option. By using this amulet, it makes Temporal Chains reserve no mana which allows you to use Aspect of the Spider. This aura increases your survivability by coating them in spider webs which further reduces their movement speed. It also makes them take increased damage which is a nice damage boost.

tldr;

more curses = more survivability, more damage (aspect of the spider)
Hey Guys,

I dont know if somebody suggested it before but I see one minor damage loose on the iriginal build tree. When heading to Finger of Frost you should choose the left way and take the cold damage modifiers. This two nodes add up to 7% more Damage !

The Downside is you need one more skillpoint but for me I would sacrifice a small es node to take the extra damage.

I hope this could help someone!
This build is very strong.I'm not a good gamer,never beat uber edler before
but can easily beat him with this build.
Anyone have tips for leveling up this build in hardcore?
"
Xzight wrote:
Anyone have tips for leveling up this build in hardcore?

Make sure you go hybrid with gear stacking life on ES armor. You kinda want to go CI around aqua ducts where if you don't have about 2k+life with 5k es you can get poison gibbed by things like spiders. Prioritize filling the energy nodes first, don't go tabula for later maps, but basically it plays the same.
Shaper's dead with your build! Thanks for the guide :)

Maybe this has been answered, didn't look through all questions...

I'm confused about Ele Focus gem. Supported skills can't inflict elemental ailments, so are we basically only concerned about the increased ele damage for Vortex? There are lots of nodes that increase chill/freeze etc. and it would seem that all of that is ignored.

Unless we're using Cold Snap to inflict ailments?

I'm not questioning the "validity" of the build as is, it's obvs very powerful, just confused by that situation. I'm not totally new to the game, my "specialty" has become leveling into maps, and then deciding I want to start over, so I'm thinking about using this build to FINALLY enter the real end game...
Is it a reasonable option to swap shield for second crafted mace for big dps? And how big dps increase that would be? I feel very safe with my ES atm and was thinking about this lately but dont want to spend exalts crafting this thing to learn that someone is not working properly with 2 weapons :D
Last edited by Wienic on Jan 22, 2019, 2:37:57 PM
Your question is simply answered if you use PoB. Just put the second weapon and see the dps increase and the es decrease

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info