[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

"
Sardypants wrote:
I'm level 90 and having been enjoying this build as my main character. I lucked into a The Doctor card tonight so have some currency to spend. What would be the best upgrades for about 5ex total that would really increase my characters power?

You could up your gloves belt and boots for more ES. With 5ex you would get a good boost. Also craft an other weapon with more minions damage
"
Sardypants wrote:
I'm level 90 and having been enjoying this build as my main character. I lucked into a The Doctor card tonight so have some currency to spend. What would be the best upgrades for about 5ex total that would really increase my characters power?

I would upgrade your boots and belt last as they are cheap but very good value. Your gloves are your weakest but shield and body armour could have a good upgrade also. I’m not a huge fan of that helm but you may prefer it for the damage.

What I would do though is buy a Item level 84 gloves 86 shield and a bunch of dense fossils and start crafting then once you upgrade those then work on an item level 84 hubris and use dense + frigid fossils and get good es and nearby enemies have -res. Then after all that you should still have a decent amount of currency. Ideally use an 86 item level 6 linked vaal regalia(yours if the item level is high enough) and start throwing dense fossils at it. Within 10 you should have a better one and have a chance at a great one, by 20 you should definitely have a good upgrade. Not only do I think its cheaper to craft your own gear, I think it’s more fun.
Really cool build, definitely one of my favorites so far. Will there be an update to the crafting guides anytime soon? I'd like to see how to approach body armor.
"
Sorytis16 wrote:
"
Sardypants wrote:

You could up your gloves belt and boots for more ES. With 5ex you would get a good boost. Also craft an other weapon with more minions damage

These 2 items are pretty good improvments, gloves gives nice dps boost and shield gives faster es recharge with no worry about bleed ever again.

Your next weapon upgrade shoud be more than just more minion dmg, something like this:

Alltho im not sure if spell damage craft is better than increased overtime, atleast according to BoB it is.

You can buy crafted gloves and that shield roughly 5ex.. gloves you may have to wait a bit but you can get those around 3-4ex and shield for 2ex.
Last edited by Muru69 on Jan 15, 2019, 9:35:06 PM
For the moment, i don't have any currency but i plan to improve my gear. What is the first update i have to do ? And can you give me an idea of its value ?
Thanks.

Most of my stuff was self-crafted (weapon, shield, belt, armor, gloves, boots and i've drop the helmet). I'm lock on tiers 10-12 maps because i don't drop higher map but i think i can go for red-elder and shaper with this stuff (13.5k ES) ?

I struggle to 300k DOT dps on shaper according to PoB (chill + EE + Frenzy checked, not shock because it's almost impossible).
"
Oakl wrote:
For the moment, i don't have any currency but i plan to improve my gear. What is the first update i have to do ? And can you give me an idea of its value ?
Thanks.

Most of my stuff was self-crafted (weapon, shield, belt, armor, gloves, boots and i've drop the helmet). I'm lock on tiers 10-12 maps because i don't drop higher map but i think i can go for red-elder and shaper with this stuff (13.5k ES) ?

I struggle to 300k DOT dps on shaper according to PoB (chill + EE + Frenzy checked, not shock because it's almost impossible).

Helm needs a huge upgrade and try to get a 21 vortex. I have to think your tree needs improved though even though I’m not looking at it. Your ES it too high and damage is too low for the gear you have.
Just randomly made this with a couple of dense fossils.

The es roll is shite, but the belt sorts out all my str problems if I want to change my gear a bit. Missing the dex from my old belt though so I'd have to get a ring with some instead, dropping my current spider one.
Can I put Spider Aspect on it or is it a suffix?
"
Takhyoneus wrote:
Just randomly made this with a couple of dense fossils.

The es roll is shite, but the belt sorts out all my str problems if I want to change my gear a bit. Missing the dex from my old belt though so I'd have to get a ring with some instead, dropping my current spider one.
Can I put Spider Aspect on it or is it a suffix?

Aspect of the Spider is indeed a suffix.
Is there a specific level to start crafting?

I am in level 58 in Act 7 and I kill very fast, but if I get stunned or slowed for any reason I will sometimes get killed. I know my gear is junk, it is just self found stuff.

I don't want to waste a bunch of resources for no reason, but at the same time, I think my gear is terrible so maybe it is worth it.

Please be kind! I know this gear is crap, I am new to this game and a very casual player. I am still trying to grasp what things I need to do before I will be able to craft anything worth while. I have not done much with Delve because I am not sure how to get the resources I need for it.

I am open to any suggestions.

I will link my gear for everyone to laugh and ridicule.

Np worries, you wont be ridiculed for being new.

Your primary focus should be on resistances and hp. Preferably on every piece of gear.

Especially if your damage is fine.

Bated breath for example is very nice if you are leveling with energy shield. But bad if you are leveling using hp. Since it only brings ES, and no hp or resistances.

Try to complete the two first labs aswell. Normal and cruel. That will make you immune to stuns!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info