[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

12.000 Alterations in, Sceptre still no T1 / T2 Cold Dot Mod.. PLS send some RNG my way lol
"
DyingShadow wrote:
12.000 Alterations in, Sceptre still no T1 / T2 Cold Dot Mod.. PLS send some RNG my way lol

whoa that's alot of alts! I must have been ridiculously lucky (got my T1 Cold DoT) within 300 alts.

Hopefully the new year will be kinder to you!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I got pretty unlucky trying to alt my scepter aswell found an Ilvl86 elder opal scepter yesterday but got no luck with 1000 alt so far, I hope I won't reach your insane numbers.

Apart for cheap unique you linked what would be decent to use (rare scepters) anything with cold and cold damager over time would be good enough or better than Cerberus Limb ?

I'll respect my old bv witch elementalist into this build as soon as I get enough parts for this build I'm at about 10ex in currency.
"
Dyls17 wrote:
I got pretty unlucky trying to alt my scepter aswell found an Ilvl86 elder opal scepter yesterday but got no luck with 1000 alt so far, I hope I won't reach your insane numbers.

Apart for cheap unique you linked what would be decent to use (rare scepters) anything with cold and cold damager over time would be good enough or better than Cerberus Limb ?

I'll respect my old bv witch elementalist into this build as soon as I get enough parts for this build I'm at about 10ex in currency.

Yes, anything with cold and cold damage over time such as Spine of the First Claimant would be better than Cerberus Limb. Cerberus limb is mainly there as an option to enable you to have high ES with a cheap hybrid AR/ES shield.

Here's an example of a filter I would use to look for potential placeholder weapons if I were trying to craft my own weapon. http://poe.trade/search/onuitewanaroki

Try to get one with an open suffix so you can craft the 'Trigger a Socketed Spell' suffix. It's a game-changing QOL improvement.

With regards to crafting, tt would actually be easier trying to craft a non-elder/shaper high ilevel opal scepter because that would reduce the number of mods in the pool (we don't need the elder/shaped mods).
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:

With regards to crafting, tt would actually be easier trying to craft a non-elder/shaper high ilevel opal scepter because that would reduce the number of mods in the pool (we don't need the elder/shaped mods).

Ah Yeah that what I was thinking I had no idea before I tried it and I rolled so many increased area of effect gems etc.

I'll try to buy or get an normal base then thanks. (kinda new to PoE in general did a few league and never try harded end game or even crafting so its hard to learn)
Beside the damage, Which version is more tanky and deathless? CI or LL?. I really dont like to die in this game and I dont care If i take 5 more seconds to kill a boss if i cant face tank him. thanks!..(I have a whispering ice build with 13k ES and vaal pact and face tank everything while leech life,its slow but steady and I want to roll something like that with this build.(i know this build dont leech but I dont care)
"
yissus wrote:
Beside the damage, Which version is more tanky and deathless? CI or LL?. I really dont like to die in this game and I dont care If i take 5 more seconds to kill a boss if i cant face tank him. thanks!..(I have a whispering ice build with 13k ES and vaal pact and face tank everything while leech life,its slow but steady and I want to roll something like that with this build.(i know this build dont leech but I dont care)

CI, in general, if you get a high ES chest will be able to achieve higher levels of ES as compared to LL. It also has chaos immunity. LL allows you to run an extra buff/aura. In my case I've chosen to run arctic armour as a defensive buff which helps protect against hits from mobs.

In summary, I expect CI to be more tanky versus LL when facing large hits (like Shaper slam). That said, when you kill things faster, you also take less damage from them.

I would recommend you go for CI first. If and when you feel you would like more damage, you can always transition to LL.
Build of the Week 14
added a deathless uber elder kill video. Not the cleanest of kills as it was only my 2nd ever uber elder fight. Will hopefully get better with practice.
Build of the Week 14
my character is fully working now WOOP feel free to take a look at my stuff and give feedback since i am too dumnb to actually link my gear here. My tree needs a few levels and some love tho. Had some resistances to cap with a jewel (lol) BUT i got 70% chaos res, thats something. Kinda went for a variant between Invalesco and Maxpoggi. Tho i doubt i am as strong as any of you two. Its just some preference stuff hahahaha

ps: i just killed 10 empower lv 3... not my day
Last edited by DyingShadow on Jan 2, 2019, 10:27:02 PM
"
DyingShadow wrote:
my character is fully working now WOOP feel free to take a look at my stuff and give feedback since i am too dumnb to actually link my gear here. My tree needs a few levels and some love tho. Had some resistances to cap with a jewel (lol) BUT i got 70% chaos res, thats something. Kinda went for a variant between Invalesco and Maxpoggi. Tho i doubt i am as strong as any of you two. Its just some preference stuff hahahaha

ps: i just killed 10 empower lv 3... not my day

Shucks tough luck on the empowers :s

70% chaos res is certainly something lol, u can afford to lose some if u need other stats! :p I usually aim for 0% to slightly positive for a LL character.

Your vertex doesn't have the relevant corrupt to benefit cold snap (i.e. AoE/Cold/Duration gem levels), but the intrinsic stat rolls (Chaos Res and ES) are really good so I'm assuming you got it for those.

Your shield is decent, but if you need dex, I would recommend getting it from somewhere else (i.e. bless ur amulet to 24 dex) and craft %ES and life on your shield to bring up the ES further.

Your amulet is great and probably worth giving an extra stat via Leo 3 Research to hopefully give it some more res.

Your rings are great DPS-wise, but you may want to do some res balancing (and sacrifice some chaos res heh) to free up your jewel slots.

Your gloves and belt are great.

Weapon-wise gratz on getting the top cold damage over time multiplier roll! Not to nitpick, and probably not worth spending extra exalteds to recraft, but it would have been better to craft %spell damage instead of %cold damage on it because the %spell damage rolls go higher.

Your jewels can do with improvement.

All in all, I think one you balance some res here and there to free up having to take res on your jewels, your next major upgrades will come from your jewels.

Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info