[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

how would this compare to your multimodded opal sceptre?

curious, just found it / e: fossilcrafted ofc.

thank you
Last edited by _hndrk on Jan 28, 2019, 8:47:50 AM
"
pyroisback wrote:
Thank you for the build. Downed uber Elder first time and first try tonight. It was actually a easy one. Died once because i misslicked and double dashed into the exploding nova from elder.

You're welcome! Btw your sceptre still has 1 suffix slot available for crafting!

"
how would this compare to your multimodded opal sceptre?

curious, just found it / e: fossilcrafted ofc.

thank you

A T1/T2 cold damage multi over time sceptre will still outdps high %dmg and relatively lower %cold damage multi sceptre. Also, the %increased damage on full life mod will not apply to us when we're reserving HP, as we are technically not on 'full life' when doing so.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
really liking this build! did shaper guardians and shaper last night at 89 with level 19 gems. still tweaking my gear and getting gems leveled before attempting uber elder

two questions:

1. why life reg instead of 2x DoT nodes next to Growth and Decay?
2. is it worth taking Shaper if i am unable to get the jewel socket following it until at least level 95? life regen is useless for me (with 7 life) and 40% mana reg is also unnecessary (unless i get Aspect of the Spider, at which point my mana might be pretty low?)

thanks!
"
Naps wrote:
really liking this build! did shaper guardians and shaper last night at 89 with level 19 gems. still tweaking my gear and getting gems leveled before attempting uber elder

two questions:

2. is it worth taking Shaper if i am unable to get the jewel socket following it until at least level 95? life regen is useless for me (with 7 life) and 40% mana reg is also unnecessary (unless i get Aspect of the Spider, at which point my mana might be pretty low?)

thanks!

Hey!

%life regen (if you have Zealot's Oath) applies to ES, not life. For instance, if you have 1000 HP and 10000 ES and 5% life regen on tree, you will have 500 ES regen, not 50 ES regen.

1. I valued the %life regen node for 1 skillpoint over the 2 x 12% damage nodes for 2 skillpoints next to Growth and Decay, but you are of course welcome to change your tree if you feel different about it.

2. Since you still have a reasonable amount of unreserved mana given that you don't have Aspect of the Spider, the Shaper node probably wouldn't be the highest priority for now. Feel free to spend those 2 points elsewhere for the time being!

Good luck with Uber Elder! Just don't panic and you'll be fine
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Naps wrote:

two questions:

thanks!

Hey!

%life regen (if you have Zealot's Oath) applies to ES, not life. For instance, if you have 1000 HP and 10000 ES and 5% life regen on tree, you will have 500 ES regen, not 50 ES regen.

1. I valued the %life regen node for 1 skillpoint over the 2 x 12% damage nodes for 2 skillpoints next to Growth and Decay, but you are of course welcome to change your tree if you feel different about it.

2. Since you still have a reasonable amount of unreserved mana given that you don't have Aspect of the Spider, the Shaper node probably wouldn't be the highest priority for now. Feel free to spend those 2 points elsewhere for the time being!

Good luck with Uber Elder! Just don't panic and you'll be fine

rofl totally forgot about ZO haha! ok that makes muchhh more sense...also realized i actually had a Fenumus hanging out in my menagerie so i made this guy last night

(excuse the jewel, still need to figure out how to get a little more life somewhere to run everything smoothly)

Last edited by Naps on Jan 31, 2019, 3:38:59 PM
Managed to get this sceptre:

What is the best final suffix to craft?
I've seen 13-17% cold damage, 15-18%cast speed, or 10-12%cast speed+arcane surge on kill
"
Naps wrote:

rofl totally forgot about ZO haha! ok that makes muchhh more sense...also realized i actually had a Fenumus hanging out in my menagerie so i made this guy last night

(excuse the jewel, still need to figure out how to get a little more life somewhere to run everything smoothly)

That's a nice belt!

"
dagrumm wrote:
Managed to get this sceptre:

What is the best final suffix to craft?
I've seen 13-17% cold damage, 15-18%cast speed, or 10-12%cast speed+arcane surge on kill

Personally, I prefer the %cold damage suffix because %cast speed doesn't really do much for Vortex (because the cast speed is instant), and I don't cast cold snap very often to begin with. However, it all depends on your playstyle, and if you utilise cold snap or flame dash very heavily, that cast speed mod may add that extra bit of QoL and increase the smoothness of your gameplay experience to warrant taking it. I would probably go for the %cast speed + arcane surge mod if so.
Build of the Week 14
Just took out Uber Elder for the first time! First shaper set, two stupid avoidable deaths. Probably helps that I've watched more Mathil build videos taking him on than I can count.

Thanks for the build and advice!

nice build killed everything so far :P
how to improve my damage / ES?
I noticed while crafting the sceptre you tooke pure spell dmg(55-66%) as opposed to the (43-50%) spell dmg with 6% non chaos as extra chaos dmg. Does the extra 16% spell dmg really outdps the 6% extra chaos dmg?
http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info