[3.5] Inva's CI/LL Vortex DoT | 3.3 million Shaper eDPS | 13k ES | Sub 2min Uber Elder | Videos

Hello Inva, using your guide and enjoying the build quite a bit so far. Just crafted a weapon for myself

I'm eyeing what upgrades to go for next, but thinking I should stick with CI for now as I don't yet have a 6L Shavs.

Specifically regarding the helm, switching from Rime Gaze to the mentioned shaped hubris circlet with -res to nearby enemies would be a DPS loss, right? I ask because I think I could get one with ES around that of the Rime Gaze, but if I lose DPS, it doesn't seem like there is much point to switch.

I think I need more ES as well, only sitting at 10.5k with my ~700 ES chest. Any advice on what to do next? Cleaned out my currency making the scepter so it might be a bit. Other gear needs work, I'm sure.
"
livejamie wrote:

Oh yeah you can ignore the links I was just testing some things out. It's awesome for Frost Bomb.

The build is good, like all of your builds are. The playstyle just isn't for me. Going to be selling the gear.

The gloves were by far the hardest to make of the 3. Getting cold dot was very hard.

Thanks! Ya I agree with regards to the gloves. Was way tougher to craft as compared to the sceptre.

"
fordka wrote:
Hey hellomy friend, i have a question why you place minion damage on CI build?

Hey! By taking the Spiritual Aid Keystone, %minion damage modifiers apply to us as well.

"
Wodahs wrote:
I picked up this belt in delve, and after a bit of crafting, I think it works. My plan is put spider then +dmg on it. I was able to get a +2 duration corrupted 6 link shavs. I'm running CI, and about ready to roll over to LL. I think after changing points a bit, Ill hit about 11k es, which obviously could be better, but my main concern is Chaos Res. I've been able to ignore it being CI, how is it affecting people who are LL. It seems like there is a lot more chaos damage in the last two leagues than there was prior.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Wodahs/characters?characterName=MrsShivers

That's a decent belt! The cooldown recovery will improve Vortex's cooldown as well so that's nice.

11k ES is a nice amount to have. I don't find chaos damage to be a problem so far. You should be fine as long as you have enough ES and at least 1 item with 25+ chaos res. Having 2 items with 30+ chaos res each would trivialise chaos damage. Rings would probably be easiest to get chaos res on if you're willing to sacrifice abit of %damage.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Zhain wrote:
Hello Inva, using your guide and enjoying the build quite a bit so far. Just crafted a weapon for myself

I'm eyeing what upgrades to go for next, but thinking I should stick with CI for now as I don't yet have a 6L Shavs.

Specifically regarding the helm, switching from Rime Gaze to the mentioned shaped hubris circlet with -res to nearby enemies would be a DPS loss, right? I ask because I think I could get one with ES around that of the Rime Gaze, but if I lose DPS, it doesn't seem like there is much point to switch.

I think I need more ES as well, only sitting at 10.5k with my ~700 ES chest. Any advice on what to do next? Cleaned out my currency making the scepter so it might be a bit. Other gear needs work, I'm sure.

Hey Zhain! Gratz with the Sceptre! Just a quick question with regards to the gems on the Sceptre - is thee a particular reason why you prefer having Orb of Storms in it? I personally find that EO can be more reliably procced if Incr. Crit Strikes is linked to Storm Brand.

Ya I think you should stick to CI till you get a linked Shavs.

And yes, switching from Rime Gaze to a Shaped Hubris Circlet with Hypothermia + Chill effect as well as -res to nearby enemies would indeed be a slight DPS loss (approx 7-10%), but would improve your clear speed with Vaal Cold Snap (because you won't be crippled by the conc. effect any longer) as well as your ES recharge speed. I personally feel that that's a trade-off worth making, but thats subjective.

I think the next pieces of gear to upgrade before you transition to low life would be your gloves, shield and boots - aim to get a higher ES shield and shields as well a well-rolled Sin Trek. You should be well-placed to transition to low life after that, following which you can work on juggling your res with better rings.
Build of the Week 14
Has anyone thought of a way to squeeze in fortify in this build? When I was CI i used Vigilant Strike + VS jewel + lots of skill duration so it was like 35 secs (with shaper's presence, so longer than that even) of fortify for one attack.

I changed up the tree slightly also, I aimed to take the Precision + Sanctity nodes near templar start instead of the Ele Focus + Trickery nodes. It changes my tooltip vortex dot by about 25-30k dps, but I gain about 250 ES. ALso, this way I don't have to use a +strength abyss jewel to hit that 96 str requirement. Instead I'm using
Spoiler
for 28% phys reduction (from a start point of 0 armor, lol). Seems much better than a basalt flask due to the Sanctity and Faith and Steel 20% armor nodes.

I dropped my Silver flask since and picked up
Spoiler
to get my Onslaught.

Been doing a bunch of T16s and Uber Elder and it seems to feel nicer even with the dps loss.

Now I work on a corrupted blood Might of the Meek and try to chase that GG ring w/ chaos resistance. Then I may test out a Rumi's Concotion + those 2 Shield Spell Block nodes near our Might of the Meek. 6% spell block + 200ES (w/ my current shield, should be higher with your godlike 500ES one) is interesting.
Last edited by mwmorais on Jan 21, 2019, 1:22:36 PM
back again with a progress update, respecced my other occultist to this a few days ago and can say this is one of my favorite builds ive ever ran. its got a nice balance between the survivability of my rf jugg in incursion and the dps of my bv char in delve. crafted all the gear myself besides the shield(gave up and decided 1.5ex for 400es shield wasnt too bad) highly recommend trying this out if youre looking for a new build

as for my gear upgrades. im looking at getting a +2 shavs next(checked in pob its just a ridiculous damage upgrade) im about 4ex away from that, but was curious if there was any other cheaper upgrades i could go for? i think the gloves i made are pretty insane considering the implicit on them, needed the fire res on them as well so worked out perfectly

i know i could get an opal ring to replace my 2nd ring but right now i just dont feel like fixing the res and was looking for other ways to improve the build besides that ring/boot enchant(doing that tonight)

thanks!
how do u get nearby enemies take increased elemental damage from abyssal jewel?
"
mwmorais wrote:
Has anyone thought of a way to squeeze in fortify in this build? When I was CI i used Vigilant Strike + VS jewel + lots of skill duration so it was like 35 secs (with shaper's presence, so longer than that even) of fortify for one attack.

I changed up the tree slightly also, I aimed to take the Precision + Sanctity nodes near templar start instead of the Ele Focus + Trickery nodes. It changes my tooltip vortex dot by about 25-30k dps, but I gain about 250 ES. ALso, this way I don't have to use a +strength abyss jewel to hit that 96 str requirement. Instead I'm using
Spoiler
for 28% phys reduction (from a start point of 0 armor, lol). Seems much better than a basalt flask due to the Sanctity and Faith and Steel 20% armor nodes.

I dropped my Silver flask since and picked up
Spoiler
to get my Onslaught.

Been doing a bunch of T16s and Uber Elder and it seems to feel nicer even with the dps loss.

Now I work on a corrupted blood Might of the Meek and try to chase that GG ring w/ chaos resistance. Then I may test out a Rumi's Concotion + those 2 Shield Spell Block nodes near our Might of the Meek. 6% spell block + 200ES (w/ my current shield, should be higher with your godlike 500ES one) is interesting.

I was chasing DPS in my build so didn't bother to think much about the defensive aspects (besides stacking ES, Temp Chains + Arctic Armour).

If its just a single gem (Vigilant Strike) it shouldn't be that tough to slot it in - it's just gonna be a matter of giving up DPS or EO-proccing reliability. The gems that can make way for it would probably be Arcane Surge or Orb of Storms.

The shield block + %ES nodes are nice given that we have Might of the Meek socketed there. The flask nodes are also another option worth considering if you want to get more out of your granite/basalt flask and/or Rumi's.
Build of the Week 14
"
Mtntech wrote:
back again with a progress update, respecced my other occultist to this a few days ago and can say this is one of my favorite builds ive ever ran. its got a nice balance between the survivability of my rf jugg in incursion and the dps of my bv char in delve. crafted all the gear myself besides the shield(gave up and decided 1.5ex for 400es shield wasnt too bad) highly recommend trying this out if youre looking for a new build

as for my gear upgrades. im looking at getting a +2 shavs next(checked in pob its just a ridiculous damage upgrade) im about 4ex away from that, but was curious if there was any other cheaper upgrades i could go for? i think the gloves i made are pretty insane considering the implicit on them, needed the fire res on them as well so worked out perfectly

i know i could get an opal ring to replace my 2nd ring but right now i just dont feel like fixing the res and was looking for other ways to improve the build besides that ring/boot enchant(doing that tonight)

thanks!

Given that you're not that far from getting a +2 corrupted Shavs, I think that should be your main goal for now as it'll be the most significant and relatively hassle-free upgrade you can get at this point (hassle-free given that you don't have to change other pieces of gear to balance res).

With regards to upgrading other pieces of gear.

Your gloves are really nice! I rate them much better than mine especially given the implicit. They still have room to get better as well given that the crafted %ES mods are on the low-mid end at the moment and they're not even 28q (Hillock Fortification). If you are to divine them, I'd suggest divining them up via beastcraft instead given that the beast Farric Frost Hellion Alpha costs only half to one third the price of a divine orb.

After you get the boots enchant, you can consider beastcrafting them to 30q or using Hillock Fortification to get them up to 28q for higher ES.

The rest of your items still have room for further upgrades (in particular your ruby ring), but they will probably have to be upgraded as a set (as you've observed) and won't be worth the hassle for the time being until you get your +2 shavs.
Build of the Week 14
"
dominicjr wrote:
how do u get nearby enemies take increased elemental damage from abyssal jewel?

You can't get that mod on an abyssal jewel. I put it in there simply to simulate the enemies chilled by supported skills have cold damage taken increased by chill effect that we get from Bonechill (and that is not otherwise reflected in the PoB calculations).

Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Jan 22, 2019, 7:12:43 AM
This worth putting Spider on and trying to craft with it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info