Blood Magic

can anyone explain to me how this gem works? Where is the sense if I have 70life when I use it with an aura?
Maybe you shouldn't be using it with that Aura then?

It's somewhat commonly used to put the preferred attack skill on Life, and keep the Auras and maybe some support skills on Mana. Low-Life builds use it to hit 65% Life Reserved.
Hello,
First of all, why is there even an option to make spell totem+determination aura+blood magic?
I tried it and at the moment I cast the totem I instantly died. It appears the totem reserved 100% of mana, in my case it was hp. RIP lvl 44 marauder. You should definitely disable these kind of options.

Secondly, why is that when using spell totems with buffs like endurance, the totem gains the charges but not the totem caster while making an arua totem uses casters mana/hp while the totem has its own hp.

Finally, there is no way to get my character back in HC league right? Feels kinda of stupid to loose so many hours of gameplay because of testing spell totem...
Best regards,
MaraTank
Last edited by Andrisss on Feb 10, 2013, 11:04:38 AM
"
Andrisss wrote:
Hello,
First of all, why is there even an option to make spell totem+determination aura+blood magic?
I tried it and at the moment I cast the totem I instantly died. It appears the totem reserved 100% of mana, in my case it was hp. RIP lvl 44 marauder. You should definitely disable these kind of options.

Secondly, why is that when using spell totems with buffs like endurance, the totem gains the charges but not the totem caster while making an arua totem uses casters mana/hp while the totem has its own hp.

Finally, there is no way to get my character back in HC league right? Feels kinda of stupid to loose so many hours of gameplay because of testing spell totem...
Best regards,
MaraTank

The result was expected, that you didn't expect to die for spending more than 100% of your health isn't anyone's fault but yours. It's like using a caustic potion with CI.

As for the other stuff, it's spell totem related. Totems gets the charges, totem leech the life for themselves etc. That's how they work, it makes sense that when the totem uses a skill, it gets the benefits, not you.
Please make the gem quality also be useful for casters. Like 0.75% increased cast rate on low life per level maybe?
Please pardon my bad english
"
PyrosEien wrote:

The result was expected, that you didn't expect to die for spending more than 100% of your health isn't anyone's fault but yours. It's like using a caustic potion with CI.

you cant use a spell if you dont have enough mana. Why would you expect to the game to allow you to cast it when you use life? It should be considered as a bug.
Except, he had enough Life to cast it. The Aura cost 100% Life, and he had 100% Life. Sure, it left him with zero Life, but you can all the same be left with zero Mana. Not a bug.
"
micos wrote:
you cant use a spell if you dont have enough mana. Why would you expect to the game to allow you to cast it when you use life? It should be considered as a bug.
You can't cast if you don't have enough life. You can cast if you have exactly enough life, leaving you with 0, exactly the same as mana.
I don't get how this gem can be considerered underpowered. About the cost, it will go down to 200-210% after some leveling.

Then there is the fact that you can pool your entire regen stats/perks to health, which allows for easy mode gearing (you don't have to worry about having enough mana/mana regen but not too much to not waste stats), since you can hardly get "too much life" or "too much life regen/leeching"

And it lets you run three 40% auras easily (with a reduced mana gem), possibly 4 with some mana reservation perk reduction. And if you have any left over mana, you can use it for an aura with a static cost (most likely a level 1 one at that point) or for a spell that won't be casted very often (since you have no additional mana regen) like lightning warp.

Now there is the obvious downside that you need one extra socket compared to the keystone, which does keep it balanced imo.
IGN: EthInvictus

Trading Forums Enhancer: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/244736
in my opinion this gem needs to be removed from the game, because its too powerful.

the 250 - 200% increased manacost (depending on the level of the gem) is not really an significant drawback, when the average hp-stack character has about 5 - 6 k live and around 300 - 400 hp reg. per second.

disclaimer: i don not have any high level characters only an level 70 witch and an level 38 templar.

the witch uses normal mana as a resource and has with inner force, est.100% increased manareg from items/passive talents and clarity has about 89 mana reg. per second.
the second thing is that the manacost for my spells per second will at some point overcome the maximum manaregen i can even have per second based on my maximun mana, which will then even make mana leech not very useful.
this means i can practicaly not use purity or any decent offensive or defensive aura which uses max-mana-% reservation, or more than 1 additional aura with clarity.

the templar uses 2 blood magig support gems.
1 gem for anger ,which reserves around 237 live.
1 gem for infernal blow , which increases the cost to 40 mana
the templar has around 1,5k live and around 40 life regen per second.

so basically someone who uses mana for spells can have on average 2 auras active, has only access to questionable mana-increase/manareg passives as a way to increase the resource for spells

someone who uses blood magic keystone might have 3 auras active but no aura that uses max-mana-% reservation, uses like everyone else +%hp nodes which unlike for the mana user increase the amount of resources to cast spells (in value and regeneration ,see max hp% regeneration passives talents)

somone wo uses blood magic support gem might have 5 - 6 auras active, might use a blood magig support gem for spells which then has the same benefits as a blood magig keystone user in using hp as a resource but has no downside in not wanting to use %based max-mana revservation auras.

beeing able to use maxmana% reservation auras should be an advantage for mana-users and an drawback for bloodmagic users.
this gem makes using maxmana% reservation auras a liability for manausers in my opinion

blood magig keystone, mandatory clarity aura(even with manaleech) not enough +%mana,manareg (in number on the passive talent tree and in my opinion in numeric value(8%max mana is not enough)) is bad enough , but this support gem is kind of the final nail in the coffin for mana as a resource to cast spells in my opinion.

Last edited by stardustjenny on Mar 3, 2013, 9:49:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info