[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Very interested in this take on the archetype. I appreciate the work you've put into your guide.

I actually just finished leveling my CoC assassin today (logged off a couple of hours ago after doing lab3 and a10 kitava) and am going to look to replace all my leveling gear tonight. Will be very interested to see what your level70 tree looks like because it sounds quite different from how I've build things (e.g. I'm on acro/phaseacro).

"
"
iTsLee wrote:
1 crit trigger 1 spell, so since your cospris has 2 spells in it, i believe you need to crit 12 per second (6aps)

Yes that's right, it triggers 1 spell per critical. However, if 2 spells are socketed, Cospri's procs will alternate between the two. We don't need 6 frostbolt casts per second, 3 are enough. So we use the second Ice Nova for a total of 3 Frostbolts and 3 Ice Novas per second, resulting in more damage as this second Ice Nova also interacts with the Frostbolt projectiles and is casted twice (also resulting in more hits per second, helping us cap life leech rate faster).

Hi, does the life leech interacts with the ice nova and frostbolt in Cospri only?
If the ice nova in chest triggers and interacts with frostbolt, does that damage from ice nova gives life leech?

If we switch the Nova in Cospri to slower projectile, does the overlapping nova stacks on each another?

This whole CoC thing is very new to me, and I am very interested to start this!
Hi well done guide! Why would you have Hypothermia instead of another Frost bolt in the chest for doubling up ice nova?
Git R Dun!
"
Ellipsist wrote:
Awesome guide, have been waiting for the return of COC for the longest time. In your opinion, would a league start with this build be possible at all? Thanks again!

Thank you! Yes, this is what I started the league with. It was a bit rough for me as it was the first time I played CoC it was a learning experience but not too bad. The build has evolved a lot since then and I'd do a lot better with it now! Check the leveling section, should be updated by tomorrow!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Hi well done guide! Why would you have Hypothermia instead of another Frost bolt in the chest for doubling up ice nova?

Thank you! There's no need to waste a gem slot in our chest for that! We use cospri to spawn our frostbolts. Ice Nova from our chest (and also the one in the cospri) interacts with those. More info in the "gems & links" section.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 25, 2018, 12:24:03 AM
"
Weist87 wrote:
"
"
iTsLee wrote:
1 crit trigger 1 spell, so since your cospris has 2 spells in it, i believe you need to crit 12 per second (6aps)

Yes that's right, it triggers 1 spell per critical. However, if 2 spells are socketed, Cospri's procs will alternate between the two. We don't need 6 frostbolt casts per second, 3 are enough. So we use the second Ice Nova for a total of 3 Frostbolts and 3 Ice Novas per second, resulting in more damage as this second Ice Nova also interacts with the Frostbolt projectiles and is casted twice (also resulting in more hits per second, helping us cap life leech rate faster).

Hi, does the life leech interacts with the ice nova and frostbolt in Cospri only?
If the ice nova in chest triggers and interacts with frostbolt, does that damage from ice nova gives life leech?

If we switch the Nova in Cospri to slower projectile, does the overlapping nova stacks on each another?

This whole CoC thing is very new to me, and I am very interested to start this!

1. Yes, it only interacts with the gems it is linked to. But don't worry, these have enough damage to leech from, if they are leveled up ofcourse!

2. All of the Ice Novas overlap and do damage seperately. The good thing is that we don't need slow projectiles for this to happen, as ice nova will automatically choose the nearest frostbolt projectiles - And since we spam many frostbolts per second, there are always a lot of them on top of us, So we basically have 4 Ice Novas (2 from chest and 2 from cospri) all doing damage at the same time, at the same area!
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 25, 2018, 3:31:28 AM
"
cdnza wrote:
Very interested in this take on the archetype. I appreciate the work you've put into your guide.

I actually just finished leveling my CoC assassin today (logged off a couple of hours ago after doing lab3 and a10 kitava) and am going to look to replace all my leveling gear tonight. Will be very interested to see what your level70 tree looks like because it sounds quite different from how I've build things (e.g. I'm on acro/phaseacro).

Thank you for the kind words! Trees are now in the main post, let me know if you have any questions!
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 25, 2018, 5:17:19 AM
Why frost bolt vs g cascade? I currently have the items for this build but the pandaemonius. How important is that? its a bit steep >.>

Cant wait to try it out!
Anybody mind taking a look at my profile and letting me know what I should be looking for next? My damage in PoB is nothing compared to most of the guides I've seen for CoC. Thanks in advance.
Still no updates to PoB etc? :D
edit: oh finally updates in first post.
QUESTION: Is it not worth getting Phase Acro???? :]

Anyway I am leveling this from zero with no gear and it is a breeeeeze.
I´ve played tons of different WinterOrb builds before and leveling with Freezing Pulse from 1-8 and then with ARC 8-28 and then switching to Winter Orb.. at 38 Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear 4 link and everything dies in a few seconds, including the thoughest of bosses, atm in ACT VIII. Also no deaths.
So just for league start this is a great way to get you to maps and then switch when you are comfortable!

I also feel this might actually be a better for Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear as Assassin.. tree is very similar to my Elementalist version.. like almost exactly the same.

So I am already liking how versatile this build can be if you don´t have the gear straight away you can still do amazing damage to everything.

Some info on what links I did:

1-8 Freezing Pulse-Added Lightning-Added Cold
8-28 ARC-Added Lightning-Controlled Destruction-Elemental Profileration (Really only need 3link with +1 wand until 28-33 or so when you get WinterOrb from SIOSA or buy it from a player at 28 as it´s a quest reward originally from Marmoa for killing Gravicius).
28-38 WinterOrb-Lesser Multiple Projectiles-Added Cold Damage-Controlled Destruction
38-Switch LesserMultipleProjectiles to GreaterMultipleProjectiles
38-Maps (or from ACT VI) WinterOrb-IceSpear-CastWhileChanneling-GreaterMultipleProjectiles

Other then that.. Arctic Armour, Herald of Ice with Onslaught or Curse on Hit with Enfeeble or Blasphemy Enfeeble like original poster said and maybe Herald of Thunder aswell.
Also using Shield Charge with Fortify atm :) for extra zoomzoom alongside FlameDash plus nice phys reduction from Fortify

edit: Oh, I did one LAB in ACT IV aswell and chose OPPORTUNISTIC
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Dec 25, 2018, 7:36:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info