[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Nice and detailed guide but I have to say this after being frustrated so much. Thankfully I've already done 37 challenges before quitting the league, the mana issues of this build made me unable to continue playing PoE Betrayal. Yes, I've read the mana tips part.
Last edited by taylangur on Jan 14, 2019, 3:30:25 PM
"
taylangur wrote:
Nice and detailed guide but I have to say this after being frustrated so much. Thankfully I've already done 37 challenges before quitting the league, the mana issues of this build made me unable to continue playing PoE Betrayal. Yes, I've read the mana tips part.

Run a Warlord's Mark on Hit curse ring and all your mana issues with disappear :)

Or some +2 Mana on Hit ring/jewels.
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
I'm wondering if there's a better way though...

Edit:
Unless instead of aiming to push the crit chance to 95%, I up my attack speed to "cover-up" the lack of crit chance?

Not sure what the maths would be in that case.

But say I miss 2 crits per second at 3.70 APS because I only have 82% instead of 95%, I could probably normalize that value with +X % attack speed, giving me more hits to proc the ones that missed?

Does that even make sense?

The problem with that idea is the APS cap... if you push your APS beyond the cap, you'll lose Ice Nova casts at a higher rate than you'll gain them until you get up near double the APS cap.

EDIT: At least if you're using Cyclone (due to crit snapshotting) - on Blade Flurry it might be workable around certain half breakpoints or something, but that's a lot of math to get through to be sure :P
Last edited by vector84 on Jan 14, 2019, 3:47:02 PM
"
LordAzuRa wrote:

i'm loving the flask at the moment, it works great!

I also came up with that Passive Tree variation as a test, for a base 95% Crit Chance everywhere when using that 80% Crit Chance Flask:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.4.0/AAAABAYBABzcEFgI9A3Rjxqvm7zq73yio-OEbIynK8BmJpUi9O-I7-uhL0qLBLM9XyM2VUuMNrVI215JUcrT18-VLr6KhxNFnX_GZp4aOIKbBAcRLTLRkFVrt3BS-tKO6TIyPAVjQxvIXfJSU6aZ6-6TJxZv2YZqQxFQFkAQkmKsbAsXL4V9gKRVxg_ELJww-PiX8B-DCRew1aZ3B3yDTLNJsfGKtAycpOUZKU9GcW-eBx6U8ZeVz91tGREvuMqu_zrYvG9RdBGWUw5FRycvNj07fIPbIG5V1isKU1Jk5zpYl_QOSFMQUDD79fk30B-J0ySqmuAqC52qtDhh4jbp42rrY6IA8NU=

I have to go up left for the Mana Reserved since I use Vitality (23 life on Hit) + Discipline (30 ES on hit) + Herald of Ice with Enlighten 4 + Spider Aspect.
My DPS doesn't appear to suffer much from that new tree, but I do take a hit in my actual Life amount.

I'm wondering if there's a better way though...

Edit:
Unless instead of aiming to push the crit chance to 95%, I up my attack speed to "cover-up" the lack of crit chance?

Not sure what the maths would be in that case.

But say I miss 2 crits per second at 3.70 APS because I only have 82% instead of 95%, I could probably normalize that value with +X % attack speed, giving me more hits to proc the ones that missed?

Does that even make sense?

Instead of taking mana reservation nodes, you may consider getting a starkonja with discipline or vitality mana reserved reduced. This would allow you to use the extra points which may give you more bang for buck than 40% ice nova damage.

Also, crits for cyclone kinda suck - as they are determined once per attack - not per hit (as opposed to blade flurry, for example). As a result, I'm not sure I could ever justify running cyclone without a diamond, because even if crit capped you have a 5% chance of missing crit on BOTH of your first two hits. By contrast, the chance of missing crit on BOTH of your first two hits with BF is about 0.01% if you're crit capped without diamond.
Hey i just wanted to ask real quick how we calculate dps with this build. I have 310k dmg per crit on my 6l with 3.8 aps on cyclone. Am i right in assuming ill get 7.6 crits per second since cyclone hits twice and therefore my dps would be 310k*7.6 ?
I just double corrupted my cospri's it gave me 3 white sox and resalute tecnique is it a fail for this build now ???
"
Dex2644 wrote:
Hey i just wanted to ask real quick how we calculate dps with this build. I have 310k dmg per crit on my 6l with 3.8 aps on cyclone. Am i right in assuming ill get 7.6 crits per second since cyclone hits twice and therefore my dps would be 310k*7.6 ?

Main Ice Nova:
Ice Nova Damage (XXXXXX) x 2 (Frostbolt interaction) x 7.4 (Hits per sec) x 0.CC (Crit Chance) = XXXXXXXXX DPS

Cospri Ice Nova:
[ Ice Nova Damage (XXXXX) x 2 (Frostbolt interaction) x 7.4 x 0.CC ] / 2 (Cospri procs alternate between Frostbolt and Ice Nova) = XXXXXXXXX DPS

Cospri Frostbolt:
[ Frostbolt Damage (XXXXX) x 7.4 x 0.CC ] / 2 = XXXXXX DPS

Cyclone:
Damage (XXXXX) x 7.4 = XXXXX DPS

Combined:
Main Ice + Cospri Ice + Cospri Frostbolt + Cyclone + Vortex = XXXXXXXXX DPS

Including shock from rare ring (if you have that):
Combined x 1.2 = XXXXXXXXX DPS

Including Culling Strike:
(Combined total OR Shock total) x 1.11 = XXXXXXXXX DPS
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Jan 14, 2019, 4:34:33 PM
"
holy_death wrote:
I just double corrupted my cospri's it gave me 3 white sox and resalute tecnique is it a fail for this build now ???

Resolute Technique makes it so you CANNOT Crit.

Yes, it's now a Cospri worth Vendoring for a few wisdom scroll fragments.
"
Dex2644 wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ab2g9n/updated_cyclone_coc_discharge_proc_rate_now_with/?st=jqwuee8a&sh=8dcfc179

If you're actually at 3.8 APS, you're over the APS cap by the worst possible amount - 3.8 APS does about half the DPS of 3.7 APS, so for DPS on a single target divide the Ice Nova from Chest DPS contribution number by 2 due to missing half your casts.

EDIT: Cospri's using two spells won't be effected by this though, so it's just the Chest CoC that suffers.
Last edited by vector84 on Jan 14, 2019, 4:48:48 PM
Hi guys,

Can i utilize Unnatural instinct + might of the meek with this build? also have an HH i can use.

Also what sorta delve can this build handle?

Mostly interested in this as a bosskiller/safe/fast mapper
Last edited by Jihax on Jan 14, 2019, 4:42:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info