[3.24] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

Hi Exiles,

I'll be late for this league, as I won't start before next week.
Meanwhile, here is a selection of past videos you may enjoy to discover or re-discover.

* One With The Lifeforce. The Oshabi fight.

* Twinned Uber Elder. Courtesy of the Maven !

* Death Will Be An Escape. The Maven's fight, with visual clues for the memory game.

* Shredding the Chimera. A very fast and relentless fight !

* Avenging Hana. The Vox Twins from Heist are the most hateful of all the bosses in PoE. Because they've killed Hana.

* Gloom Palace. Two juicy T18 Palace maps, with the gloom shrine.

* The Last Stand. Six T16 Promenade maps, from 0% to 100% delirious, with a final fight against Kosis.

Hope you like them,
good luck and have fun ;)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Aug 3, 2021, 3:56:41 AM
Hi Exiles,

back in game at last :)

PoB level 96 : https://pastebin.com/wdu3Z8x9
Min-maxed version.

Blade Flurry supports :

- Nightblade (Anomalous)
- Infused Channelling
- Fortify
- Bloodthirst
- Vile Toxins

New stuff :

* Abyssus. The king of DPS.

~20% more dmg compared to the Starkonja (also included in the PoB).

* The Stampede boots

You can use the non-replica version, it makes no difference. Whatever is cheaper. I use them to avoid any movement slowing. Ambidexterity anointment.

* Sinvicta's Mettle in weapon swap to proc Rampage

Just put a 4L Cyclone or Sweep in it : Additional Accuracy - Fortify - Inc AoE.
Kill one enemy and swap back to main weapons.

> Now I will gradually update the first post.

Meanwhile, here is a short demo to evaluate the build :

#1 : Nerfed But Alive

As you can see, things are far from bad !

Good luck and have fun, Exiles :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Aug 8, 2021, 4:12:42 PM
Nice build :D
@Gousenpride : Thx ! ;)

On Poe.ninja/daily, you can search for particular builds that do not belong to the top ladder.

Today, I've seen a top notch version of this build by Ury401.

His character has very endgame stuff, including Abyssus helmet with BF enchant, perfectly rolled Ryslatha belt, very good daggers and Frenzy body armour.
He uses the low-life setup with Petrified blood, as well as clusters jewels.

On top of that, he has cleverly used the new Enkindling and Instilling orbs to enchant his flasks.
PoB I've made for his character : https://pastebin.com/pQ4PU9py

I'm glad to see that people continue to enjoy this build :)

I'm not sure I'll play the Nightblade in Expedition, as I don't have much time these days. I'm currently running a Scourge Arrow / ballista Toxic Rain Pathfinder. A good league starter, quite efficient and safe to play.

In Standard, there are two fights I can't complete, even with my very minmaxed character (the one most often featured in my videos) : the Hidden and the Feared.
In these encounters, the arena becomes quickly filled with all kinds of degens + the enemies slow you in every possible way. So it's a nightmare. The 4 Breachlords are tanky as hell, and the Feared are just too deadly, even for a boss killer :/ So I'm kinda disappointed for the moment.
But that gives me challenges and goals to pursue for later.

Good luck and see you soon, Exiles :)
Last edited by rahsaan on Aug 24, 2021, 6:01:00 PM
First off, nice build and guide bro! I just want to ask whats your take on the state of daggers atm? How it can be competitive against its archerype counterpart which is claws? Currently I am also playing a dagger attack build but in my case its very hard to justify using daggers over claws in the right side of the tree. Claws just have a better implicit and base aspd. What do you think ?

Last question, is there another efficient way to get the remaining 40% chance to poison instead of the assassin ascendancy? Cheers and stay safe!!
Last edited by tacata69 on Aug 29, 2021, 10:37:08 PM
It depends on your build. I guess claws with life/mana gained on hit are more safe and for a poison build, they are generally faster, applying more poison per sec.
I have always preferred the daggers because I'm playing crit, and now with the nerf to the diamond flask, they are all the more precious.

You can use the Chance to poison support for the 40% chance you're missing.

Gl & hf :)
Hello, would this be ssf viable? Or will it be a struggle since all the nerfs this patch.
Hi,

I have gone SSF in Harvest league. I think it's easily doable to go to yellow maps.
PoB level : Harvest

From my experience, you can often drop a Starkonja in the early game, as well as a Deceiver belt. It's not hard to craft yourself some decent equipment with the different league mechanics. In Expedition, we have new ways to get interesting items.
I think you can hurt a wall when going into red maps, because you need more and more DPS to kill before you get killed. Sadly, I'm bad at crafting, but you can find some advice in the Crafting section.
If you do try the build in SSF, I'll be curious to get news from you, because I'd like to try again in a future league.

Some news of the build :

I haven't gone in league and I'm not sure I'll have the time. For the moment, I'm busy with a Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain Pathfinder, with ballistas. A fun and quite simple build, that will use the new Ward defense for interesting interactions. You can see a demo here, against Dominus and here, during an early-game Expedition.
More to come.

As for the Nightblade in Standard, there are two Maven encounters that way too hard : the Hidden (the 4 Breach bosses) and the Feared (all the Uber bosses). Too many degen zones, slow effects, bleeding and what have you. Even with my very expensive stuff, I don't have enough DPS to kill them before the arena becomes deadly as hell.
But soon, I'll show you a video of the Forgotten (4 Synthesis bosses) with new features for the build.

Cheers, gl & hf !
Last edited by rahsaan on Sep 2, 2021, 3:35:23 PM
I feel like this league took a big dump on so many builds. Now I fully understand my play time is limited to maybe two hours a night because of the kiddos but even if it took me two months so get a semi decent build up it was worth it to me. Now the investment in gear for some build just to be decent is nuts. In ssf standard which I have been rocking for a while I can run the basic specs Trapper, sst and a few others but thats years of collecting gear. Rant over :D
Yeah, I'm in the same boat basically (job, family), that's why I don't play much in league and I focus on Standard with trade.
Playing SSF would require no sleep during 3 months to get a good build rolling :D

This build has lost DPS, but I think no more than your average build. Like 40 or 50% depending on your gem setup.
But I think that enchanting the flask can be a huge QoL, which helps to recoup some of the dmg loss. I gotta work on that yet.

One of the things that I've found to get some more DPS is Secrets of Suffering.
This cluster keystone prevents you from applying primary ailments (shock, chill, freeze, ignite) but allows you to apply secondary ailments on crit : brittle (cold), sap (lightning) and scorch (fire).

I'm mainly interested in Brittle.
(Here, I'm gonna be a bit technical.
TL;DR : Brittle ailment gives a lot of DPS.)

Brittle gives you +base crit chance, up to +15%.

Your default crit chance is 5%. This is the number that's gonna be increased by all the Inc Crit chance you've got. If you use an attack, it depends on your weapon. E.g., Bino's Kitchen can have between 8.8% and 9.45% base crit.
If it's a spell, it depends on the gem itself. E.g., Blade Vortex has 6% crit chance, Essence Drain has 5% etc.

With Nightblade support, you gain +1% while Elusive. With these corrupted Shaper gloves, I gain +0.58% all the time.

My few cold and lightning dmg come from my amulet :

After some tests, I've realised that I could shock and chill big bosses up to 10% maybe, in the best situations. That's not a lot, because 10% shock = 10% more dmg.
But with only 5% Brittle, you gain +5% base crit, which is HUGE. You will then easily reach 100% total crit chance -even without a diamond flask.

With Ambush & Assassinate, we already get easy 100% crit against enemies on full-life or low-life.
With Brittle, we'll also get these 100% against enemies above 50% HP !
This is much better than a 10% shock or even 20% and it is much easier to apply, because the enemy thresold resistance is lower against the secondary ailments (but we do not have specific numbers from GGG).

On top on that, I can apply some Sap with lightning dmg, like 7-8%, which reduces the dmg dealt by the enemy by the same number.

Your minion are not affected by Secrets of Suffering, so you can still use the Skitterbots to chill and shock.

Here is a demo against the Forgotten (4 Synthesis bosses) where I use Brittle :

#2 : Secrets of Suffering

Hope you like it :)

Next time, I will use Brittle against different monsters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info