[3.24] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

"
rahsaan wrote:
Hey, thx !

If you already have 100% hit chance, you don't need "Hits can't be evaded".

Since this is a prefix, instead you can craft :
"Gain (7-8)% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" for 8 vaal
or
"(95-105)% increased Physical Damage
(18-20)% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks" for 8c

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crafting_Bench

All good with your PoB.
Double corrupt Assassin's Garb is OP.
Nice "no corrupted blood" jewel :)

I think you could buy or craft a good rare amulet, even if you have to keep Precision at low level.
I was happy when the Hyrri's truth was added in 3.6, but it lacks +life.

Your build makes me think I got to try Steelskin. I've kept the old Immortal Call, but Steelskin is like extra life. Could be better for Delves.

If you can, find a good Lethal Pride or Brutal Restraint jewel.

Cheers and hf :)

Thank you,

I've done asking my friend for the "gain extra chaos dmg" because I haven't got that mod yet.
Btw, I've already crafted "124% increased Physical Damage" so the second option is invalid now :)

The main benefit I've been taking from Hyrri's Truth is its added phys dmg plus some crit multi. Its price was 5 chaos at the time I bought, good one. But let me try crafting one sometime :)

About the Garb, *mind-explode, Alva was so kind to me that time. Hope I could
magically bring this body armour to the next league :)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to your new session in 3.9
Double Cheers
"
TheUselesser wrote:
Anyways, I'm looking forward to your new session in 3.9
Double Cheers

Well, I can already tell you that we'll go harder, better, faster, stronger :D
I'll show demos of that even before 3.9 begins.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Nov 25, 2019, 3:23:54 PM
Updates :

- All links are now in the Overview.
- Added a Videos section.
- Added basic crafting recipes to the League Start section.

- Added Ascendancy choices in Options :
* Ascendancy
1 - Mistwalker, for the Elusive buff.
2 - Noxious Strike, for life recovery with poison
3 - Toxic Delivery, for 20% phys as extra chaos dmg
4 - Ambush and Assassinate or Opportunistic.

- In Levelling, added advice for mana and skill tree and :

Tabula Rasa ?
Many players will farm Blood Aqueduct in act 9 to get a stack of 9 Humility divination cards and then trade it to Navali to get the Tabula.
I think it's quite tedious and it slows your progression.
Better to go on in the acts, accumulate some currency, and then buy a cheap rare 6-link chest. Many people sell corrupted ones for slightly more chaos. Get one with the right colors, some life and res.
If you drop a Tabula, sell it to a vendor for a divine orb, or to another player. Then add some chaos to get a rare chest.

Reworked the intro msg :

Hi Exiles,

The name of this build comes from two gems :
- Blade Flurry, our main skill
- Nightblade support, which is tailored-made for Assassins.

The Assassin has always been my favorite Ascendancy, as it's deadly and fast.

* In 3.7, my dream of a pure phys/chaos dual-dagger Assassin was becoming a reality.
* In 3.8, the Assassin has become a true shadow killer, thanks to the Elusive buff. With Aspect of the Cat and Phase Run, we can become 100% invisible.

* For 3.9, I have devised a faster and (even !) deadlier version of this build. I hope you'll enjoy playing it as much as I do (more infos coming soon).
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Nov 27, 2019, 7:45:19 AM
Let's go deeper Exiles, with this new video :

#25 : Delve 500

As you can see, it's dangerous but not that hard.
If we go a little bit deeper, what's the worst that could happen ?...

Next time : Delve 570.
Last edited by rahsaan on Nov 28, 2019, 12:34:39 PM
Delve : the end of the journey ?

Delving to depth 500 wasn't so difficult. I had to pay attention but that was doable. Until 550, it was more or less the same. Didn't get many mods so that went pretty smooth.

But then, at depth 570, I encountered two Vaal Outposts zones that were just nightmare : monsters had inc speed, onslaught, extra fire dmg, crit, steal charges... You name it, they have it all !
The Vaal constructs were just destroying me with their chaos dmg. Not to mention the Beyond monsters popping at every corner.

I mean, just look at that :

In most of these chambers, I was killed too fast to get any loot.
Meanwhile, I have sometimes looted 3 or 4 T16 maps in some easy chambers at depths 200-300.
So what's the point of trying such a hard content ?

Well, it has allowed me to improve the build once more.
First, I tried a defensive setup : a shield, more defensive flasks, Pulverise support.

A nice shield with +50% chaos res.

I had already tried that the first times I fought Shaper and Uber Elder. I should have known better, because the result has always been failure.
I could survive the chaos hits but still got overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of Vaal fanatics.
I lacked attack and movement speed, which is even worse than going glass-cannon style.
Now, I have learnt the lesson : do not try to play Jugg when you are an Assassin !
Killing fast is our best defence.

Simply put :

So eventually, I came up with this improved version of the build.
That will be v3.9 beta.

* Completely removed Impale. Because getting full Impale bonus takes six hits, and in those encounters, we don't have the time. We need all the juice on the first hit. We need to assassinate.

* Took the War Banner.

* Put Fortify in the BF setup. Had to recolor a green socket to red. But you can get 1-3 white sockets with Vorici in Research.

* On the tree, I removed the 6 nodes leading to Swift Skewering (impale), and instead I took Dervish for dmg and speed, then Gladiator's Perseverance : more dmg and inc leech rate. And Perseverance is the name of the game :D

* Removed Taste of Hate, as I couldn't reliably chill/freeze enemies, and put Atziri's Promise.

* Removed the last life flask to add Cinderswallow. I have some fire dmg on my ring, which is enough to ignite enemies, making them take 10% inc dmg + life/ES/mana recover for us on kill.

Ofc, it is very dangerous, as I had only one magic flask left, so I had to choose between anti-bleed or anti-freeze (I chose the latter).

PoB : https://pastebin.com/eGx7PGMw

All in all, this new setup felt like driving a Ferrari on the highway to hell !
With this guy on the back seat :

And the result is in this new video :

#26 : Delve 570 - Doom !

Hope you enjoy :)
Last edited by rahsaan on Dec 3, 2019, 6:03:53 AM
This guide just keeps on delivering. Haven't played much this league but i stop by this guide every now and then to see what you've been up to. Great work!
That last video was lit. I'm looking forward to the next league and I would like to try this beast in 3.9. Got this guide on my fav list, I hope you'll update it later on. Nice work!
"
oOoYngvioOo wrote:
This guide just keeps on delivering. Haven't played much this league but i stop by this guide every now and then to see what you've been up to. Great work!

"
anacolada wrote:
That last video was lit. I'm looking forward to the next league and I would like to try this beast in 3.9. Got this guide on my fav list, I hope you'll update it later on. Nice work!

Well, thx to both of you for these heartwarming words !

I'm still testing new mechanics for the build, to make it easier and faster to play. I'll give a reworked PoB once we get the patch notes for 3.9. In the meanwhile, expect some videos with badass challenges ;)

Delvelog
I was able to escape the two Vaal Outposts of hell. As I was at depth 580, I thought : might as well push to a round number.
It took me some tries on the way, as the last few levels were overloaded with mods. And here it is, the end of the journey :

#27 : Delve 600

I won't go deeper. I have tried but mobs hit so hard that it becomes pure luck whether I complete an encounter or not.

Next time, we go back to the surface and show some old friends our improved skills.
Last edited by rahsaan on Dec 4, 2019, 6:03:20 AM
Great guide. I'm considering this build for a 3.9 league start. Seems fast and good with bosses.

One concern: Shaper's Touch will likely be much more rare due to the atlas changes, especially in week 1 while everyone figures out the endgame. What do you recommend to replace that item? Does this break the build at least in terms of a league starter?
"
Sarophim wrote:
Great guide. I'm considering this build for a 3.9 league start. Seems fast and good with bosses.

One concern: Shaper's Touch will likely be much more rare due to the atlas changes, especially in week 1 while everyone figures out the endgame. What do you recommend to replace that item? Does this break the build at least in terms of a league starter?

Good question, didn't think about that.
It won't break the build in league start, as Shaper's Touch are available only at level 66.
But it will make it harder to get life.
You can get a good rare one with life, phys dmg and some elem res why not.

Some other uniques to consider, by approximate increasing order of prices : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_gloves
- Slitherpinch (good league starter)
- Facebreaker
- Maligaro's Virtuosity
- The Embalmer
- Oskarm
- The Tombfist (probably the best choice)
- Farrul's Pounce (when you have Aspect of the Cat)
- Asenath's Gentle Touch (very expensive)

Actually, I'm going to test the build with the Farrul's items. They make the build feel even more assassin.
Last edited by rahsaan on Dec 5, 2019, 9:37:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info