[3.5] Ice Spear CoC Deadeye AKA Ice Laser (Cheap) (Endgame Viable) (Shaper DOWN)

If I run a shroud of the lightless, is it still worth running cold penetration or would hypothermia be better. I was also thinking of running zerphi's, levelling lancing steel to increase the cost and relying on leech to sustain the increased mana cost, With the ridiculous attack speed and mana costs I feel like this would give quite abit extra regen. What are your thoughts?
Last edited by Demagonx on Jan 3, 2019, 3:59:59 AM
"
Demagonx wrote:
If I run a shroud of the lightless, is it still worth running cold penetration or would hypothermia be better. I was also thinking of running zerphi's, levelling lancing steel to increase the cost and relying on leech to sustain the increased mana cost, With the ridiculous attack speed and mana costs I feel like this would give quite abit extra regen. What are your thoughts?

Its still worth cold pen since it stacks with the armour for mega penetrations ;). Running zerphi's would be a stretch i think and wouldn't work quite that well for the large investment. But you are welcome to try it if you have lots of currency lying around.
think leap slam would work in place of whirling blades?
Been looking for an ice spear build that didn't utilize winter orb and stumbled upon this. Looks pretty interesting. Only question I had is it seems gems in your character's gear don't match the guide. You have arctic armour in current gear but not in guide or in vids. Did you start using it recently and it is effective? Does the war banner for accuracy really help that much? No CwDT 20 with cold snap 20. Was it more effective self casting cold snap or you just didn't have the colors in the new weapon yet? Build looks quite fun overall though and i'm looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the build.
Hey there, first of all, thanks for the build, it remind me of the nice days of CoC and is really nice to play.

I have just a question, where does the "cold pen" in weapons come from ? I can't find it in neither affix nor suffix in PoB.
Last edited by kaeh on Jan 4, 2019, 3:55:21 AM
"
kaeh wrote:
Hey there, first of all, thanks for the build, it remind me of the nice days of CoC and is really nice to play.

I have just a question, where does the "cold pen" in weapons come from ? I can't find it in neither affix nor suffix in PoB.

I'm not sure if its possible to craft but when i bought them on poe trade and asked them where they got it a guy said it was a drop from a syndicate member.
"
gimpy00 wrote:
think leap slam would work in place of whirling blades?

I use both and either one works but i find whirling blades is faster on open maps.
"
Constermock wrote:
Been looking for an ice spear build that didn't utilize winter orb and stumbled upon this. Looks pretty interesting. Only question I had is it seems gems in your character's gear don't match the guide. You have arctic armour in current gear but not in guide or in vids. Did you start using it recently and it is effective? Does the war banner for accuracy really help that much? No CwDT 20 with cold snap 20. Was it more effective self casting cold snap or you just didn't have the colors in the new weapon yet? Build looks quite fun overall though and i'm looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the build.

Just use the gems I provide in the written guide. On my character i'm testing stuff. You don't need arctic armour. War banner helps a bit but is only there because it reserves much less mana and I couldn't run other auras without mana problems.
Last edited by Leysonic on Jan 4, 2019, 4:52:39 AM
Hi thanks for build, I test it & I'm in the lvling phase.
What do you think about Yriel's Fostering Exquisite Leather (Rhoa skill version)?
"
Leysonic wrote:
"
kaeh wrote:

I'm not sure if its possible to craft but when i bought them on poe trade and asked them where they got it a guy said it was a drop from a syndicate member.

Just found out, it's an incursion mod :(, that's not a good news for my SSF char lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info